Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Serious? About Gamecocks ( Injury related)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,979

Serious? About Gamecocks ( Injury related)

Nov 19, 2019, 7:30 AM

Every time I read an article about them the past few years they have tons of injuries. Any idea of why they always seem to be intgat situation? It has happened a lot in Muschamps tenure

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chickens have thin, porous bones.***

Nov 19, 2019, 7:46 AM

Re: Chickens have thin, porous bones.***

Nov 19, 2019, 8:24 AM

That's why you shouldn't let your dog eat chicken bones - they are too brittle. Tigers are ok because they just swallow the entire chicken.

Re: Serious? About Gamecocks ( Injury related)

Nov 19, 2019, 7:52 AM

He had the same issue while at Florida. I know injuries can often be fluky, and sometimes teams just ends up with poor luck over the course of a season with them. However, if it's happening to you year after year after year then it really makes me question how the team is being managed. Whether that's through poor conditioning, snap management, rehab management, or whatever else I'm not sure.

Lack of depth.

Nov 19, 2019, 7:59 AM

^This^

Nov 19, 2019, 8:39 AM

When you ride your good players like rented mules, there's a greater likelihood of injury. To be fair, we have this issue 8-10 years ago and everyone wanted to fire the S&C coach.

This is one of the big reasons I'm always surprised good HS recruits commit to sub-par teams. Perhaps they think themselves invincible. But the fact remains that players need to be rotated out of the action regularly to keep them fresh and healthy.

I predict we'll see a resurgence of the "Suddenly E'erybody Crampin'" meme when we play UofSC in 2 weeks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^This^

Nov 19, 2019, 9:27 AM

Well, we’ve had our share of injuries. The coots, however, have/do not have the luxury of allowing their ‘dinged up’ guys the chance to heal.

Check out this article :

https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Article/Clemson-Tigers-football-Trevor-Lawrence-Travis-Etienne--138804599/?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=191118_091126_Clemson%20Tigers&utm_content=Link&liveconnect=C9-8C-18-E2-13-AD-DD-C9-A9-4E-52-D1-83-71-5D-61191118_091126ClemsonTigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Per the players, it is not a lack of depth.

Nov 19, 2019, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Lack of depth. ]

However they are getting pounded pretty hard with the Kock drill Mushchamp implemented two years ago. They are getting plenty of depth with it. The State Newspaper wrote an article about it.

Sure that explains it.

Bingo***

Nov 19, 2019, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Lack of depth. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Nov 19, 2019, 8:26 AM

There have been reports coming out of SC that their practices are overly strenuous and taxing on the players. That combined with a lack of depth is a bad recipe. I'll see if I can find the articles I read.

It’s pretty easy

Nov 19, 2019, 8:39 AM

Muschamp is not just a losing coach, he’s a bad coach.

Maybe they secretly hired Batson as S and C?***

Nov 19, 2019, 8:40 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 9:39 AM

The chicken board was saying that Mudbutt has a policy that when they lose (which is a lot) they practice on Sunday instead of taking the day to recover from being brutalized the night before.
This practice seems to lay blame at the players for losing and put them at greater risk for injury. Bush league coach....who, apparently.....really likes Busch....beer. God...he's fat

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,979
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic