Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SC having so many not qualify will make little...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 3,298

SC having so many not qualify will make little...

Jul 12, 2014, 5:44 PM

difference this year, but two years from now it will become a depth issue.

I say we win this year ('14) in Clemson.
I say the next year('15) will be interesting.
I say the following year ('16) will be another Clemson win, probably most dominating win in a while.

If UT, UF, and UGA are strong at that same time and SC loses 3 of the 4. (CU and two of these three) I would say this will be SOS final year ('16) as head coach as USuC.

Don't forget SC plays Texas AM and Missouri every year as well as a rotating team from the west. AL in going to pop up there soon. They could actually drop 2 in east 1 in west and then Clemson if not more that year.

If UNC wins the Coastal this year, they will give SC fits in Charlotte to open the season next year.

I will call it now.
We win three in a row starting this year.
Clemson is 3-6 vs. SOS at SC. If this happens steve will step down so he can end with an even (6-6) record vs CU and have a winning record vs Dabo. (5-4)

Still no title. SEC of NT

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If coots lose 8 this yr. they'll just sign 50 next yr....

Jul 12, 2014, 6:01 PM

...right?

Isn't that how they do it in the mighty SEC?!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If coots lose 8 this yr. they'll just sign 50 next yr....

Jul 12, 2014, 6:11 PM

They can sign more to make up for it, but how many quality players will they get? And will they qualify???

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If coots lose 8 this yr. they'll just sign 50 next yr....

Jul 12, 2014, 10:39 PM

The SEC is the only conference who gets away with signing 30-40 players every year.the ACC would be the best conference if they done that year in and year out

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SC having so many not qualify will make little...

Jul 12, 2014, 6:34 PM

the good news is that none of the upper class-men have to worry about getting cut during august tryouts.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TB1, Don't forget Trailways

Jul 12, 2014, 10:04 PM

Just reassigned about 10 new buses to Cola for the OBS's use.

Jul 13, 2014, 7:19 AM

You have too many "if's".
You end by saying we will win three in a row starting this year.
I'll start by asking what happens "if" we lose the next three in a row?
Do you really expect UT,UF,and UGA all to be strong at the same time?And when was the last time you remember USC losing 3 out of 4 to these teams,especially in the same season.
If UNC wins the Coastal.Are they favored?Even so I don't think UNC has come close to beating USC the last couple of meetings.Winning the weaker Coastal is no guarantee of sucess the next season.
Maybe they don't have an SEC title,but they have owned the teams you mentioned more recently than those teams have owned them,no "if's " about it.

Jul 13, 2014, 7:45 AM

Little early to make such a definitive statement (so many not qualify) while Thomas and Ritchie are clear "no go's" other still have a decent chance. Probably took a few too many chances in a year where we have a small class with academically tight players, but who wouldn't take a chance on Wideman, and he still may make it. Green and Lammons are clearinghouse and subject to test scores, we will see. But even if they don't make it in, prep school is the option so we will see them back in a year.

Is your entire argument building a case for Spurrier to retire? Might be wishful thinking on your part, just like forecasting 3 in a row. You are hoping for "the old days"; this is a different team, different culture.
Program is at the point that we have both talent and depth and when Spurrier does retire, the luxury of great HC candidates on staff today as well as the ability to attract another big name coach.

As far as the titles go, who knows. We will see , we will see.

Replies: 7
| visibility 3,298
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic