Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Re watching this past bama game several things are clear
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 3,353

Re watching this past bama game several things are clear

Apr 20, 2018, 5:08 PM

1. The opening kickoff the bama defender CLEARLY should have been called for targeting on Travis E. CLEARLY.... Bama gets away with this more than any other team.

2. 2 times in the first half in crucial situations we were called for offsides and the officials were CLEARLY wrong in both situations.

3. It's 10-3 bama.... we're driving to tie the game and Tee Higgins was CLEARLY interfered with. CLEARLY.... huge no call.

4. We played very good defensively. I think that gets lost in the shuffle.... that defense was all over bama.

5. People keep saying we got whipped..... absolutely not true. It was a very competitive game. Don't let those late scores fool you.

I pray we get bama again.... they were the better team that day no question.... but I want bama.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re watching this past bama game several things are clear

Apr 20, 2018, 5:15 PM

We were better except for our offense of line, that is where the game was lost.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2018, 3:30 PM

Our offensive line was better than it was the year before.

Our QB sucked

Apr 21, 2018, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Re watching this past bama game several things are clear ]

The game was lost because Alabama played 8 to 11 in the box & were able to keep everything in front of them because we had zero threat of stretching the field with the passing game. That kills the run game & any offensive line is going to look bad when there are more defenders coming than they can man up on. And the couple of times Cain had separation in mid to deep range he dropped passes. The loss in that game sat squarely on the shoulders of the passing game.

Apr 20, 2018, 5:17 PM

I always want Bama bc, you can't ever claim to be the best before you have beat the team that the majority believe is the best, and you have to beat them the majority of the time before you will change anyone's mind that you are the best!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2018, 5:19 PM

Excuses are for pansies. Everyone here including me thought we were gonna run through Bama. We got dominated 24-6 plain and simple.

Apr 20, 2018, 5:39 PM

you're a moron if you think we were dominated, coot.....

your pathetic team never even crossed the 50 yd line until the 4th quarter of the game vs us.

Apr 20, 2018, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Re watching this past bama game several things are clear ]

Oppps, the chicken is crowing when their team is on a very long loosing streak to us with no end in sight!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we can get a down the field passing game that.........

Apr 20, 2018, 5:22 PM

puts points on the board quickly this year........Bama will have a major problem. They just won’t be able to keep up!

We were far from being better than Bama.

Apr 20, 2018, 5:36 PM

Officials are human and therefor make mistakes and miss some things. Even if we had gotten those calls you mentioned I do not believe our offense was good enough to beat the best team in the nation last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We were far from being better than Bama.

Apr 20, 2018, 5:38 PM

never did I say they were the reason why we lost.... I was just pointing out the facts. those indeed were the facts.

bama won and deserved to win.

Apr 20, 2018, 5:48 PM

Ummm yea we were. We couldn't do anything on offense. We had like 65 yards rushing

Apr 20, 2018, 6:00 PM

Bama couldn't do anything on offense either, so your logic sort of cancels itself out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stop pretending to be a Clemson fan

Apr 20, 2018, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Re: We were far from being better than Bama. ]

At least come on here and talk trash under your own team’s banner like 09 or supermutt. I’m sure you’re a decent guy and all but I give your trolling skills a 1 out of 10.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stop pretending to be a Clemson fan

Apr 21, 2018, 11:19 AM

How am I trolling?

Two huge no calls made a big difference!!

Apr 21, 2018, 4:11 AM [ in reply to Re: We were far from being better than Bama. ]

1 The pass interference on Bama that wasn't called in the endzone and

2 The pick play in the end zone where Bama just knocked our defender down to get a man open in the endzone for a TD.

Say what you want those two calls were missed and were huge for score AND momentum at the time. It appeared to me we would have to beat the bad refs and Bama at that point.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two huge no calls made a big difference!!

Apr 21, 2018, 9:11 PM

On the interception for the Bama score, the Bammer DB had Cain's left hand, and wouldn't allow Cain to raise his hand for the catch. Costly no-call there; 7 points for Bammer.

Look at the first or second running play of the game -- a clear facemask, without a call, in the CU backfield.
Lots of costly no-calls in Bammer's favor!

Apr 20, 2018, 7:37 PM [ in reply to We were far from being better than Bama. ]

The best team as you say had to beg their way into the playoffs. Saban used up every favor he was owed to get his team into last years playoffs, and the best team in the country don't have to beg and threaten to get in, they win their way in. I'm sure that if Clemson or any other team would have lost their last season game, would not have been in the playoffs period!!!

Apr 21, 2018, 11:17 AM

The only team that stood in Bama's way of making the playoffs were an Ohio State squad who got throttled twice. They didn't have to beg to do anything, they were the best team in the nation

Apr 21, 2018, 3:37 PM

Bama wasn’t good enough to make it through their schedule. They weren’t the best team in their division & didn't play for their conference. They BEGGED their way into the playoff by way of past seasons. Then had extra time to rest & get healthy while the teams that earned their spots played their way in. No matter the outcome the committee got it wrong & Alabama got a pass. So yes, Alabama BEGGED their way in. End of story

Apr 21, 2018, 3:54 PM

We lost to Syracuse last year and Pittsburg the year before, so were we not good enough to make the playoffs those years too? You sound dumb just stop.

Apr 21, 2018, 9:38 PM

Clemson still won the conference both seasons. There’s 4 spots & 5 conferences so the conference championships have got to mean something. Sorry if I’m confusing you & your lack of intellect to the point that I sound dumb.

Apr 21, 2018, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: We were far from being better than Bama. ]

Alabama deserved to get in based on what the committee says. Right or wrong their stated goal is get the 4 best teams in, not the 4 most deserving based on win/losses.

If you put the consensus 4 and 5 teams on the field does anyone take OSU? Based on what they state they did their job.

As for the game no excuses... we couldn’t move the ball. Assuming QB plays better it will be different this year.

Apr 21, 2018, 9:39 PM

You’re right, no excuses. But if the conference champions don’t matter then why play the games?

Replies: 23
| visibility 3,353
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic