Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RIP George Floyd
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

RIP George Floyd

Jun 4, 2020, 1:28 PM

God rest his soul. Let’s all try to keep the peace and love. Love you all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RIP George Floyd

Jun 4, 2020, 1:33 PM

Well said. Hopefully after all of this unrest, his death will bring about subtle changes in all areas of life that will benefit all races and bring peace and better understanding.
God bless us all.
Go Tigers!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jun 4, 2020, 1:41 PM

Get rid of all racist dirty cops of any race, and there wouldn't be a need to put good people to rest bc of the acts of racism!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2020, 1:46 PM

true but I fear with the added scrutiny and tension on police you may get fewer solid applicants which means more spots will be filled by those who act badly

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2020, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: RIP George Floyd ]

Cops have a very tough job. I can't imagine having to deal with the crap they do every day. There are "dirty" cops out there, but they are overwhelmingly outnumbered by good cops. They are also overwhelmingly outnumbered by lawbreakers. It seems the good cops are always the ones who pay the ultimate price.
It is very rare that a non-law breaker is killed by a cop.
There have already been 53+ cops killed in the line of duty this year.
There needs to be some serious psychological testing going on to root out the bad, or broken, cops.
Hopefully all of these deaths over the last week will make for fewer criminals and fewer bad cops.

Jun 4, 2020, 2:10 PM

I agree with just about everything you said, I shared a few thoughts and wanted to expand on your thoughts.

Cops have a very tough job. --- 1000% Agree. I can't imagine how difficult it could be for some.

There are "dirty" cops out there, but they are overwhelmingly outnumbered by good cops. --- My mom was a deputy in Henrico Co, Va. She would disagree. Sadly, she told me easily half were racist, corrupt and just plain who gave no sympathy or respect. She left for those reasons after 3 years. Overall, I think good outweighs bad, but I do think the number of corrupt or racist cops is a higher percentage that we believe.

They are also overwhelmingly outnumbered by lawbreakers. True. Don't know of a good fix here.

It seems the good cops are always the ones who pay the ultimate price. They certainly bear the brunt of an image problem. Maybe they will hold their partners accountable, more often in the future.

It is very rare that a non-law breaker is killed by a cop. True, but very rare needs to be even more rare. And, it doesn't stop with cops (Ahumaud Arbery comes to mind).

There have already been 53+ cops killed in the line of duty this year. May they rest in peace.

There needs to be some serious psychological testing going on to root out the bad, or broken, cops. ------- 1000% agree! It takes longer to become a hair stylist than a cop. A lawyer goes to school for 7 years to uphold law, Cops spend less than 2 years in all his training. The process is broken.

Hopefully all of these deaths over the last week will make for fewer criminals and fewer bad cops. Yes! I hope change is happening as we speak. The biggest thing that being forgotten is that in death, there is no coming back from it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2020, 2:23 PM

Thanks for the info. Have a great day.

Jun 4, 2020, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Re: RIP George Floyd ]

When are the good cops who supposedly outnumber the bad cops by a ridiculous margin going to hold the bad cops accountable? If you stand by while atrocities take place, then you are not a "good" cop, even if you don't directly participate in the wrongdoing. If you're an upstanding member of law enforcement, aren't you sick of being portrayed a certain way and lumped in with power hungry murderers and bigots? Stand up to those "few and far between" jackholes or keep your mouth shut.

Jun 4, 2020, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: RIP George Floyd ]

Did he kill him because he was racist or because he was on some power trip? I mean, he was a cop in Minneapolis, is this the first black man he apprehended? Just waiting on that first kill? I think he murdered him for some other reason, not his race. They both were bouncers at the same club, maybe he was taking his drug business, or banging his wife. Who knows. But to think he did it just because of race is plain silliness. The other minority cops with him just stood and watched.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RIP Ahmaud Arbery

Jun 4, 2020, 1:58 PM

May God rest his soul as well.

Much peace and love to everyone!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2020, 2:20 PM

Some may disagree with this statement but I feel it is important to remember all involved.

I agree with you statement. I sincerely hope GF is resting peace and has seen the face of God. Let’s hope he ask for forgiveness of his sins and accepted Jesus Christ as his savior.

But let’s not forget GF was no choir boy. He did have a criminal record that covers many years. Due to some of his criminal activities he left victims behind. Along with GF, we should also be thinking about his victims. One victim is young female who has to live with the fact GF broke into to her apartment. He took a loaded firearm and pointed it directly at her stomach. He was searching for money and drugs. At some he served some time in prison.

Is this female still dealing that traumatic night. Does she live in constant fear that where she lives is not safe.

GF had a record involving firearms on at least 2 occasions. But he was still a human being trying to get his life back on track. And no he did not deserve abuse from PO’s.

When an incident like this happens I think we tend to forget there are other victims. I think they should be remembered to. And I would feel this way regardless of George Floyd’s color. I don’t see color I see people.

With everything I have said so far, this is where love and forgiveness must take over. We must learn to live together respecting each other and helping those less fortunate than we are. It takes all of us working together. We can’t let the GF incident divide our society. Instead of riots and violent protest we should unite together to solve these kinds of problems.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was asked today “IF” I was a Cop, would I be energetic about heading out to work..

Jun 4, 2020, 2:29 PM

and facing a regular day filled with the Virus, Mad People, Rioters, Racist, Killers, Speeders & regular crazy peoples.

Made me think hard & shutter!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

George Floyd didn't deserve to die, but he wasn't

Jun 4, 2020, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: RIP George Floyd ]

The saint every news network is making him out to be.
Here is his rap sheet from the AP:
George Floyd moved to Minneapolis in 2014 for a fresh start after being released from prison in Houston, Texas following an arrest for aggravated robbery
Floyd had turned his life around but died on Monday after a white officer knelt on his neck while arresting him for allegedly paying with a fake $20 bill
None of the officers could have been aware of Floyd's more than a decade-old criminal history at the time of the arrest
The 46-year-old had left behind his past in Houston after being released from prison stemming from a 2007 robbery
He plead guilty to entering a woman’s home, pointing a gun at her stomach and searching the home for drugs and money, according to court records
Floyd was sentenced to 10 months in jail for having less than one gram of cocaine in a December 2005 arrest
He had previously been sentenced to eight months for the same offense, stemming from an October 2002 arrest
Floyd was arrested in 2002 for criminal trespassing and served 30 days in jail
He had another stint for a theft in August 1998

Re: George Floyd didn't deserve to die, but he wasn't

Jun 4, 2020, 3:05 PM

Do you think it is appropriate to have empathy for GF’s victims. So he plead guilty to entering a woman’s apartment. But how does that help the victim of that crime.

I am not condoning what happened to GF. I am trying to bring awareness to his victims because they deserve our thoughts and prayers too.

They never get mentioned. It is usually just the victim like GF. No where in any of my statements or post have I said GF deserved to die.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2020, 3:45 PM [ in reply to George Floyd didn't deserve to die, but he wasn't ]

How do you know he wasn't a saint? Every sinner has a future and every saint has a past. What about the prior victims of the cop who killed him? He had 18 prior complaints prior to murdering George Floyd. Did you take the time to research his victims or you only had enough time to research the murdered black man's past? Look up Melissa Borton that's just one example to help you out on your research.

Jun 4, 2020, 4:22 PM

PawDaRock said:

How do you know he wasn't a saint? Every sinner has a future and every saint has a past. What about the prior victims of the cop who killed him? He had 18 prior complaints prior to murdering George Floyd. Did you take the time to research his victims or you only had enough time to research the murdered black man's past? Look up Melissa Borton that's just one example to help you out on your research.

Cop should have been fired a long time ago. Major corruption in Minneapolis.

Jun 4, 2020, 4:24 PM

I agree 100%... That point shouldn't get lost in all this.

Jun 4, 2020, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: George Floyd didn't deserve to die, but he wasn't ]

I get your point, but no one's praying for that cop(from a larger societal sense). No one will hold a vigil when his time comes. No one will say 'what a senseless tragedy'.

No one is or will lift that person up. Everyone thinks he's an a$$hole, so people don't feel as great a need to confirm he's an a$$hole.

Clemson

Jun 4, 2020, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Re: George Floyd didn't deserve to die, but he wasn't ]

I check the PO’s records and he did have many complaints that will most likely come out in his trial. During my research I did not see color just several victims as GF’s actions and the victims from the actions of the MInneapolis PD. Your Post makes it a racial issue.

No body ever wins in these situations. It is very said GF is dead. I will be praying for his family and I hope GF was a Saint when he died.

Several people were hurt by the actions of a few bad people. I don’t see color just victims and people who may be bad people. But they deserve their day in court. If guilty I hope the law punishes them to the full extent that the law allows. Innocent until proven guilty is the way our justice system works.

Jun 4, 2020, 5:30 PM

My post makes it a racial issue? We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I just wonder why is it necessary to bring up George Floyd background? Would it be the same if a black man killed a white man or raped a white woman? Are you really gonna say hey let me see what this white man or white woman did prior to that?

I agree nobody ever wins in these situations. Not only were several people hurt but someone wrongfully lost their life. I'm not the judge of your heart to say if you see color or not. Although, we'll all have our day in front of the ultimate judge, Jesus Christ.

You're right, people likely wouldn't be talking about his

Jun 4, 2020, 9:28 PM

past if he were a white man senselessly killed by a black man.

People also likely wouldn't be protesting and rioting against racism and police brutality if that situation occurred.

Proverbs 16:18

You left off that both autopsies showed GF was drug

Jun 4, 2020, 4:53 PM [ in reply to George Floyd didn't deserve to die, but he wasn't ]

fueled at the time of his arrest and death.

He didn't deserve to die - but he did have a long rap sheet - and he had not left it behind him. He was not on his second chance; he was on his sixth chance.

Interesting person to choose for martyrdom.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

psych tasing of cops

Jun 4, 2020, 5:42 PM

Cops have a very tough job. I can't imagine having to deal with the crap they do every day. There are "dirty" cops out there, but they are overwhelmingly outnumbered by good cops. They are also overwhelmingly outnumbered by lawbreakers. It seems the good cops are always the ones who pay the ultimate price.
It is very rare that a non-law breaker is killed by a cop.
There have already been 53+ cops killed in the line of duty this year.
There needs to be some serious psychological testing going on to root out the bad, or broken, cops.
Hopefully all of these deaths over the last week will make for fewer criminals and fewer bad cops.

In LA all cops must be evaluated psych. I helped write the bill decades ago, since modified. Most states require this.

Psych eval is simply not good enuf to prevent eliminate bad actors. Some very good people get pushed past their limit, especially over time. Hopefully some of the many hundreds I evaluated included a few to be eliminated.

Re: You left off that both autopsies showed GF was drug

Jun 4, 2020, 9:57 PM [ in reply to You left off that both autopsies showed GF was drug ]

His rap sheet is totally irrelevant to what happened to him. It’s just excuses for the horrible outcome. No matter his past, potentially passing a fake $20 does not deserve a death penalty.

The protests aren’t just about this one guy.

I posted a story earlier about an unarmed white guy who begged for his life before a cop shot an killed him. One of the reasons he got off was that the guy he killed had been drinking. It baffles me how people can excuse these things.

Jun 4, 2020, 9:22 PM

God comfort his family and friends. May peace come to all.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic