Topic: Quartney Davis vs Nolan Turner
Replies: 7   Last Post: Sep 11, 2019 7:41 PM by: HillRockTiger
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

Quartney Davis vs Nolan Turner

[18]
Posted: Sep 11, 2019 4:23 PM

I love everything about Clemson Football, but few things are more impressive than the culture that Dabo Swinney has created. We really need to appreciate the effort the team is putting in and the passion that they are playing with. The coaches are doing an excellent job molding these young men and the joy that we share watching their performance on the football field is just a single product of that. Dabo's recruiting philosophy is genius. The results speak for themselves, but here's a tidbit that I noticed while re-watching the game.

On the fumble recovered by Skalski, the fumble was caused by Nolan Turner who gave the effort to get off his block and lay a good hit. Who was supposed to be blocking him? TAMU WR Quartney Davis.

Quartney Davis- WR, 6-2, 200lbs, 4 star recruit ranked 128th nationally Class of 2016.
HE COMPLETELY LOAFED. ZERO EFFORT.

Nolan Turner- DB, 6-1, 195lbs, ZERO stars, not recruited or offered by anyone. Class of 2016.
GAVE EFFORT. DOMINATED.

When you hear recruits say "There's just something different about Clemson," it isn't just the people and the place, it's the culture that has been created and the standard that has been set... AND I LOVE IT!

Re: Quartney Davis vs Nolan Turner

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 4:34 PM

Very well said!

2019 orange level member

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 4:45 PM

Excellent!

'Zactly!***

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 6:09 PM

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 7:24 PM

Great point

[1]
Posted: Sep 11, 2019 7:34 PM

Just another example that defines our program. And remember we had some posters who questioned Dabo's offering Turner instead of a 4****. The "so-called" recruiting experts do not have the capability to grant stars for the heart. Turner has a 5***** heart.

military_donation.jpg

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 7:39 PM

Great post! TU!

2019 orange level member

[1]
Posted: Sep 11, 2019 7:41 PM

Good post!

Turner has been playing well every time he gets an opportunity. I like his game. He will be one of those guys sitting at the pro-bowl telling how he wasn't offered by anyone.
All he does is make plays! No amount of stars helps a player "actually make football plays during the game"!
Good signing by our coaching staff!

As you all have said already! Another thing that really can't be assimilated is "talent evaluation"!

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Charlotte
FOR SALE: *** LAST ROOM *** FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT HOTEL ROOM FOR CHARLOTTE IN SENECA. I have one hotel roo...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1663 people have read this post