Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
QB situation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

QB situation

Jan 22, 2018, 12:14 PM

I know I’m going to get a lot of hate for this but, I had a friend who played for Louisville a few years ago, one Summer Charlie Strong told them that there will be a new starter and his name is Teddy Bridgewater who was an incoming freshman at the time and gave his players the opportunity to transfer for their benefit. Could we be in that same situation now?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: QB situation

Jan 22, 2018, 12:16 PM

I think it's pretty obvious that this is the case... even if it's not for this upcoming season, ZC and ti were never going to play.

The guys transfering were already third string or deeper.

Jan 22, 2018, 12:16 PM

That is before TL takes his place on the depth chart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2018, 12:20 PM

Both transferring QBs have been on campus and understand they have guys like Bryant & Johnson in front of them. Now you have a potentially more talented players right behind you. I don't think Dabo is announcing anything, but he is happy to have those conversations. Every player has the opportunity to finish their 4 years at Clemson, but Dabo cares for them like his own kids and isn't going to steer them wrong regardless of its effect on the program.

null

No***

Jan 22, 2018, 12:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

No. These transfers were expected.

Jan 22, 2018, 12:28 PM

They make sense for the players who left, if they wanted more playing time. Once Johnson overtook Cooper, it was very likely Cooper would transfer if he wanted to be better than second string. Both he and Israel are old enough where they didn't have a ton of time to change things.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2018, 12:29 PM

The real competition is between Johnson and Lawrence.

If Johnson wins, Brice will transfer. If Lawrence wins, Johnson will transfer. (Brice would still have eligibility if Lawrence only stays 3 years.)

Then what happens with the senior QB who is arguably the best athlete, not the best passer, 12-1 in games he has started and finished, has his degree, and is free to transfer and play immediately?

I'm not so sure about the transfers happening next year

Jan 22, 2018, 12:32 PM

We've got them separated where Johnson could take over as starter in 2019 before Lawrence, with Brice and Lawrence battling it out for backup in 2019. That's if Johnson doesn't win the starting position next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2018, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Re: QB situation ]

I disagree. I think Brice is every bit in this competition. I think if KB doesn't remain the starter then he either transfers or changes positions.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2018, 4:21 PM

I don’t think Israel would play this year and ZC shot was slim.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic