Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Owen Pappoe
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Owen Pappoe

Sep 19, 2017, 10:51 PM

Pulled the following from a Buckeyes page...

COULDN'T GET ON THE SAME PAGE
There was hope this spring that Loganville, Georgia, Grayson five-star linebacker Owen Pappoe would eventually make a decision similar to Mitchell and spurn long-time favorite Florida State for Ohio State. But after three failed attempts to get him on campus, it looks as if the 6-foot, 207-pounder is moving on without the Buckeyes.

“I’m getting ready to commit after the season,” Pappoe told SEC Country last week. “I’m already down to three schools, so once the season is over I’m going to commit.”

Which three schools? Pappoe — the nation's top-rated linebacker and No. 5 prospect overall for the Class of 2019 — for some reason wouldn't tell. But it's rather easy to assume, given he's regularly visited Clemson, Florida State and Georgia for the past three years.

“Ever since the eighth grade, all three of those schools have recruited me the hardest,” he explained. “I have a good time there all the time. I love everything outside of football — the campus and the people there — and I fit well into their defensive schemes.”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Owen Pappoe

Sep 19, 2017, 11:04 PM

He's a must get. Incredibly explosive, hits like a truck, and can cover in space. One of the top LB prospects I've ever seen. I believe he won MVP at Ray Lewis' LB camp earlier this year.

Hopefully he'll see that only Venables is the one who can

Sep 19, 2017, 11:22 PM

get the most out of him.

Really an easy choice.

Sep 19, 2017, 11:24 PM

He would be another Dorian O'Daniel. Can tackle in space, cover, stop run and just be an overall good athlete making plays. He would be utilized perfectly in BVs system.

Sep 25, 2017, 7:38 PM

Owen is loving him some CKS right now......Nolan Smith on him hard to join him in Athens.

Sep 25, 2017, 7:48 PM

Gonna hurt you when Smith de commits to come to Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2017, 7:50 AM

> Gonna hurt you when Smith de commits to come to
> Clemson.

I think you've been misinformed.....NS is recruiting like a mad man for Kirby.

Sep 25, 2017, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Owen Pappoe ]

Rumblings that Nolan Smith will flip to Clemson to play with XT .
Pappoe talked about family and atmosphere , that says Clemson to me .

We will have to see how this all goes down . I know Kirby gonna Kirby , but he's too close to Dabo's World to really get things done.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 25, 2017, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Owen Pappoe ]

Is every piece of sporting news ever released somehow related to Georgia football in your eyes? You just assume this cause he visited there over the weekend while you beat an overrated team at home? Congrats?

UGA and FSU are our main competition for Pappoe. HTH***

Sep 25, 2017, 10:26 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2017, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Owen Pappoe ]

Lolololol of all the bs ideas you could come up with, Nolan Smith recruiting Pappoe to UGA is the best one? Nobody thinks Smith will even go to UGA and there's a good reason for that.

Sep 29, 2017, 7:52 AM

> Lolololol of all the bs ideas you could come up with,
> Nolan Smith recruiting Pappoe to UGA is the best one?
> Nobody thinks Smith will even go to UGA and there's a
> good reason for that.

Link? Is clemson hiring Kirby? Dabo might have a chance then.

Sep 29, 2017, 7:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Owen Pappoe ]

“There’s nobody who can compare to Coach [Kirby] Smart, including his attitude and the way he was at Alabama," Smith said. "We talk at IMG about ‘bringing the juice’, and Coach Smart brought that every day. Coach [Mel] Tucker is his own coach and has his own theories. He’s laid back and supports the players, and I really love that about him.”

In fact, when asked if fans should worry about where things stand, Smith, the No. 39 prospect in the nation, had this to say:

"A lot of people don’t know what we have coming or which guys are really considering coming to Georgia. They just need to know that they’ll find out soon."
— Nolan Smith

https://uga.rivals.com/news/2019-uga-standout-commit-no-one-that-can-compare-to-coach-smart-

What would he play in Kirby's defense?

Sep 25, 2017, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Owen Pappoe ]

Doesn't seem a fit at OLB in a 3-4. Does Kirby want him to slide inside or back to the secondary?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic