»
Topic: Oh the humanity! Covid-19 now killing sea turtles!
Replies: 9   Last Post: May 27, 2020 8:31 AM by: tabbyplague®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

Oh the humanity! Covid-19 now killing sea turtles!

[4]
Posted: May 26, 2020 7:57 PM

https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2020/05/22/california-environmentalists-fear-plastic-tableware-will-become-dining-norm-1285630

Re: Oh the humanity! Covid-19 now killing sea turtles!

[7]
Posted: May 26, 2020 8:14 PM

when they have a vaccine, we could release orange balloons covered with vaccine because sea turtles can't stop themselves from eating balloons.

oh, never mind. they don't get covid, they just can't stop themselves from eating plastic forks either.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

At least you're thinkin'.

[8]
Posted: May 26, 2020 8:18 PM

Unlike most people.

You do realize, people aren't thinking

[4]
Posted: May 26, 2020 8:59 PM

Because, no toilet paper! Right? Cause...and effect!?!

Re: You do realize, people aren't thinking

[3]
Posted: May 26, 2020 9:32 PM

You misspelled "stinkin'."

Re: At least you're thinkin'.

[4]
Posted: May 26, 2020 9:15 PM

I was surprised to read an article the other day posted on some national media site (ergo, it must be true...!) that after extensive testing and analysis, the CDC itself has determined that the odds of contracting the virus (not the disease) off a surface of virtually any material you handle are less than, or equal to, your odds of winning the mega lottery. Now, if you might scratch your eye, pick your nose, or pull a hair out of your teeth - all bets are off. The virus lasts less than a day on s'stl and hard plastics, but up to three days on cardboard and paper surfaces. Apparently, it likes porous materials better (no surprise), but even so, contraction through the skin via osmosis is virtually "impossible". The greatest deterrent is washing your hands as frequently and often as possible (and I'll leave any political references out of that one.) Sorry for the rant, I'm just relating what I heard/read and expressing a personal opinion. Now, back to my scotch, and

GO TIGERS!!!

[3]
Posted: May 26, 2020 11:12 PM

The CDC, which supposedly can not be wrong, also estimates the most likely Corvid mortality rate to be less than 0.4% overall now.

And only 0.05% for those aged 0-49. Whoops.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/planning-scenarios.html

[1]
Posted: May 27, 2020 8:31 AM

That 0.4% fatality rate is the CDC's estimate for symptomatic cases of COVID-19. If you consider the CDC also estimates that around 35% of all infectious are asymptomatic, the total infection fatality rate under the CDC's "best estimate" scenario drops further to around 0.26%. That can still add up to a lot of fatalities (about double that of the flu) if we have a lot of infections but this thing is not nearly as deadly as put forth by the early modeling and the agenda driven fear mongering media.

[5]
Posted: May 26, 2020 9:21 PM

~JKB

Pig

[4]
Posted: May 26, 2020 9:22 PM

Lol!!!

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: I have CFP jackets and vests. fully authentic. text me 864-372-6518

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1343 people have read this post