Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Offensive play calls
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,053

Offensive play calls

Oct 11, 2018, 10:23 PM

Show me something that I'm not expecting.It's amazing how often I can guess the play call, because we can be so predictable. I'm not talking about starting to do trick plays or gimmicks, or 50 yard bombs.(Ok, the occasional 50 yd bomb). I want to see crossing routes, 10-15 yard posts,more plays using roll outs and throwing to tight ends. Trevor can make all of those throws, whether there is safety help or not. Granted, he needs to learn to make quicker decisions and not hold onto the ball too long, but I expect he will improve with that as the season progresses.

I posted earlier this week about screen passes and received alot of good reasons and the benefits. I think a well executed screen game is great, and should be used, but not to the excessive amount that we did last week. Our offense was lethargic with the constant screen passes and then we were behind the chains on a lot of drives in the fist half. The running game looked awesome as the game progressed, but I think we have to be realistic about the depth that Wake Forest had on defense due to injuries and they are also Wake Forest.

We have a QB with a cannon and awesome Wr's. Hopefully , now with some time under his belt, they will trust Trevor and open up the playbook.

I'm tired of hearing, "well that was what the defense giving us". So, I guess the opposing team gets to decide what type of plays we are going to call? When you have better players, you don't have to be to do that. Just watch Alabama this year against inferior opponents. They just let their players do their thing and execute.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Offensive play calls

Oct 11, 2018, 10:34 PM

What do you have against a long WR screen to Higgins for a 1 yard loss? We are undefeated, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Ha ha hah

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,053
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic