Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nixon's 2nd term
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 396

Nixon's 2nd term

Sep 20, 2018, 9:04 PM

I wasn't alive when he was elected for his 2nd term, but it is crazy with all of the turmoil at the time that he won 49 states to 1. Just surprises me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that was McGovern, SC Democrat

Sep 20, 2018, 9:19 PM

people found out he suffered from depression, which was highly stigmatized at the time, and the Nixon campaign feasted on it. And Nixon also had a strong ecomony which as history shows, makes it almost impossible to remove an incumbent.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that was McGovern, SC Democrat

Sep 20, 2018, 9:30 PM

Also, the vast majority of Americans hated the protestors. "Patriots" supported Nixon. People that hated America didn't. It got framed that way. As a matter of fact, most Americans thought the students killed at Kent State got what they deserved. Only 11% of American's polled thought the National Guard did anything wrong.

Sep 20, 2018, 9:39 PM

Nixon had already addressed this by making marijuana a schedule one. Most of his opposition came out of the 60's and "urban areas". He legislated their azzes out of existence.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2018, 9:45 PM

Hard to believe what a Dbag he was. Have you watched and listened to the Nixon tapes on HBO? He had so much in common with Trump. Different in plenty of ways, but so similar in so many others.

Re: Umm, wake up DC is full of Dbags

Sep 20, 2018, 11:06 PM

and its not a party thing, its just a politician thing.
Longer you live the more you see it cycle in and out regardless of party.

Re: Umm, wake up DC is full of Dbags

Sep 20, 2018, 11:19 PM

That would be great if all things were equal. There are the D*ags on boths sides without question. The Repubs just have more, more extreme, who elected the biggest one in many decades. There are more D8bag people that support Trump even outside of Washington. It's pretty lopsided actually, even if DC is rotten generally as we all can agree upon.

There's always one of these...

Sep 21, 2018, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Umm, wake up DC is full of Dbags ]

No, DC is not full of people like Trump. I thought that was the whole point for people who like him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is where the "silent majority" thing came from

Sep 21, 2018, 3:40 PM

Most people blamed the left for the turmoil and thought the left would only contribute to more of it. Nixon looked like the sane, pragmatic statesman compared to that. And, you could argue that Nixon's presidency was pretty successful policy-wise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 396
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic