Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Wake-up call: Tigers learning from adversity
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

New Story: Wake-up call: Tigers learning from adversity

Sep 24, 2017, 8:01 AM

Wake-up call: Tigers learning from adversity

Easy wins are great for the fans and great for morale, but in the face of adversity, you learn the most about your players and your team. What does Jeff Scott say he learned about his team Saturday? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Wake-up call: Tigers learning from adversity

Sep 24, 2017, 9:40 AM

Great job to the players and coaches hanging in there and sticking with the game plan for 4 quarters. As for the fans that booed the play calling and/or Kelly maybe they should learn to understand the plan and support the team or just stay home next time.

Sep 24, 2017, 9:49 AM

I disagree. Fans have a right to voice dissatisfaction as well sheer joy. Let's hear no more about staying home. Go Tigers

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 10:21 AM

And I'll say it again. If you are not going to positively support the team keep your sorry ### at home. The kids and coaches deserve respect and support!

Sep 24, 2017, 10:23 AM

Fortunately it's a very small group I'm addressing with these comments!

GO TIGERS!

Sep 24, 2017, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Wake-up call: Tigers learning from adversity ]

Totally agree. Nothing make you more nervous than jeers from ur peers. Let the players play and our best coaches in the country coach! We are Clemson Tigers not Coots. WE ARE CLEMSON! Rise above the fray and shut the person up next to u! Never boo our players for doing what they love to do. I promise, they want do well far more than any ba ndwagoner just wanting to have a good time! Go Tigers!!

Sep 24, 2017, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Wake-up call: Tigers learning from adversity ]

So let me get this straight. We can come to a message board but fans are not allowed to complain about play calling? LOL. You live in a dream world. This is college football. Get a lift and let people talk.

Sep 24, 2017, 4:33 PM

Talk all you want on the message boards. Don't boo the team live at the game.

Nice try.

Sep 24, 2017, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Wake-up call: Tigers learning from adversity ]

You should pay attention to what is said before responding. Keep trolling if it makes you feel better. We are going to stomp the gamecocks again this year.

Message was edited by: CootSmackdown16

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Wake-up call: Tigers learning from adversity ]

Funny thing is, these same fans have complained for years about how our coordinators "abandon the run game". Now they didn't abandon it, and they want to boo? 27 unanswered points because they stuck with the plan. Seems it ended up being the right move.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:15 AM

I really think our strength this year is going to be grinding the game out on the ground, wearing the other team's defense down and playing exceptional defense ourselves. When that's the plan it's not uncommon to see a low scoring first half and the stronger team taking control in the second half. Alabama has made a pretty good living doing that for years. It's not flashy and explosive but it is effective if you stick with the plan. Sure was yesterday!
GO TIGERS!!!

Sep 24, 2017, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Wake-up call: Tigers learning from adversity ]

I watched the coaches show (I believe it was Kendall joseph that spoke on the topic) and just read the tnet article from BV and the players definitely are aware of the negativity that comes from fans. They don't need any of that. They already know when things aren't going the way they want. They need support and building up. Go tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflakes tend to whine and give up early.***

Sep 24, 2017, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Wake-up call: Tigers learning from adversity ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2017, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Wake-up call: Tigers learning from adversity ]

Hey... Get off your soapbox! It was just last year at this time that the coaches were telling us that everything was alright when the team showed problems in the offense. We fans could tell that the body language revealed otherwise. So don't tell the fans to keep their mouths shut when they detect bad play-calling or lack of execution. Even coaches need a wakeup call from fans every now and then to what they see. So, get over yourself!

Sep 24, 2017, 9:46 AM

I agree with this characterization of the 4 Qtr play by the Tigers. I wish Scott had addressed some play calling issues. I would expect the different looks he mention to have been addressed over the 1st half. Not sure they were ever addressed. We just wore them out and ran the ball down their throat.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 10:22 AM

A very effective game plan!

Sep 24, 2017, 10:54 AM

...Apparently, A lot of the boo birds weren't around here back in the 90's. if so, they would've learned that this coaching staff has it under control, and we as a fan base should just enjoy THIS ride! THIS won't last forever, Y'all! Relax! It was a 27 point WIN!!! Go Tigers! 4-0!!!

The change in game was from ETN being handed the ball

Sep 24, 2017, 12:22 PM

So props to coaches for finally putting him in. I am hopeful Tiger coaches will start getting ETN ready to start and/or play a lot of downs with a lot of touches against Va Tech. Deshaun was a difference maker. ETN appears to have the "it factor" and is a difference maker. Not many more real difference makers on Offense, and KB and offensive coaches have shut down one key difference maker - Deon Cain. Being honest much of the adversity came from our quality coaches not playing and utilizing our best talent.

So work to do for Va Tech and Bud Foster who will blitz and try to confuse KB in front of 80,000 loud and hostile fans, much more so than BC. Learn from BC and go on. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lane Stadium

Sep 24, 2017, 6:32 PM

only seats about 67K when packed. Some folks will be cheering thw Tigers next week. They last rime I was there it wasn't very loud....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Folks I support Tigers 100% but will not limit my thoughts

Sep 24, 2017, 12:32 PM

Group think and political correctness is for cowards. No less an authority than Dabo Swinney said BC kicked our a$$es in the first half. Considering the immense talent differentials between the teams, it would be hard to disagree with Dabo. And our coaches responded by inserting ETN which opened up passing and running lanes for KB & the team, and changed the complexion of the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Folks I support Tigers 100% but will not limit my thoughts

Sep 24, 2017, 12:49 PM

Listen to the interviews. It's quite posssible the game plan all along was to have Fuller, Choice, and Feaster wear the BC defense down and then let the big play guy with fresh legs loose late in the game. I don't think the coaches had any great epiphany or got desperate in the 4 th quarter and decided to try Etienne. The coaches have known since at least the last scrimmage of fall practice what he can do. I believe this was the game plan all along. I trust our coaches and the game plan the whole game. Not just at the end when the plan comes together.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic