»
Topic: New Story: Freshman Report: Ray-Ray McCloud and Garrett Williams early standouts
Replies: 18   Last Post: Aug 17, 2015 2:19 AM by: oldschtiger70
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 18  

New Story: Freshman Report: Ray-Ray McCloud and Garrett Williams early standouts

Posted: Aug 14, 2015 5:30 PM

Freshman Report: Ray-Ray McCloud and Garrett Williams early standouts

Clemson’s highly-touted freshmen are getting a long look during the early days of fall camp, and it comes as no surprise to offensive coordinator Jeff Scott that wide receiver Ray-Ray McCloud and tight end Garrett Williams are leading the way. Full Story »

Maybe the competition from Williams will light a fire

[1]
Posted: Aug 14, 2015 6:01 PM

under our veteran TE's. If not, he'll earn some PT.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: Maybe the competition from Williams will light a fire

Posted: Aug 17, 2015 2:19 AM

These freshman have TRUELY come to Clemson to play. Somebody has and really doing their homework.

Re: New Story: Freshman Report: Ray-Ray McCloud and Garrett Williams early standouts

[1]
Posted: Aug 14, 2015 6:19 PM

I remember watching some of Ray Rays 7 on 7 when he was defending a 4 star TE and absolutely abused the kid all day. He was not only jamming him, but getting him off his feet, and he was very physical in coverage. he sounds like he will be an amazing player out of the box.

Re: New Story: Freshman Report: Ray-Ray McCloud and Garrett Williams early standouts

Posted: Aug 14, 2015 6:25 PM

I hope they put McCloud back there fielding punts . He is a one-miss and gone kind of guy in the open field .

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

DB23

Who would you play? A freshman getting high praise for his

Posted: Aug 15, 2015 7:42 AM

talent and work ethic, or a guy nicknamed "Lazy Legette"? I'd go the freshman route. 3-4 years into this and we've yet to see Jordan's full potential.

I'm confused

Posted: Aug 14, 2015 7:34 PM

Every article about THE standout receiver in fall camp has a different receiver. Hopefully it just mean they are all awesome.

2019 white level member

Re: I'm confused

[1]
Posted: Aug 14, 2015 7:46 PM

well, this one is the freshman report.

If Jeff Scott says that a wr is showing out I would say he

[1]
Posted: Aug 14, 2015 7:56 PM

Means it. I think we all expected Cain to be the man but when Ray Rays dad said his son was dynamic and could run or catch and he would contribute right away I expected him to do just that. Ray Rays dad has been running camps for a while so I knew we could expect him to know the ends and outs of the game. Being his size I thought he might struggle with blocking.

I hope Ray Ray and Garrett both contribute. I think we all know TE has been a position that we need guys to step up. I hope we start Garrett if he is the best all around TE. We have needed somebody to step up and take the TE position.

I hope and believe Cain will step up too. I can't see us redshirting him.

I can't wait to see how our freshmen play out.

Go Tigers!

2019 white level member

“Let’s make the others want to be like us” Dabo Swinney!!
We’ll make it 4 fingers and two thumbs over the U of s_c.???????
This team is ready to grow, get better & peak the 1st week of January 2020!!
We will win our 4th National Championship at 15-0 making it 3 Championships over the last 4 years!

Re: If Jeff Scott says that a wr is showing out I would say he

Posted: Aug 17, 2015 2:14 AM

Playing against Alex. Mac & Cory Tank., He'll be just find. This will only make him shine against weaker competition. TO BE THE BEST. YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE BEST. STRONGER COMPETITION LEADS TO A STRONGER ATHLETE MOST OF THE TIME. PS:Keep Grinding CAIN, It will only make your GAME BETTER.

Not the best pic... Show him gripping the ball...not bread.***

Posted: Aug 14, 2015 8:37 PM

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Based on my observations, Swinney is a little hesitant...

Posted: Aug 14, 2015 9:40 PM

To play freshmen. He tends to give priority to less talented players. Like Cole Stoudt over Watson. Not complaining... just sayin'

your observations are dead wrong

[1]
Posted: Aug 14, 2015 10:40 PM

so I wouldn't worry about it. As deep as we were last year at WR, artavis scott played in the first game against UGa as a true freshman

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Point -plus this year 2 warm up games to get freshman ready.***

Posted: Aug 15, 2015 8:31 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

You're dead wrong Neal

Posted: Aug 15, 2015 8:37 AM

Tiger Tim didn't say Dabo WOULDN'T play freshman, he said he was hesitant to play freshman. I think that characterization is fair and accurate. We all know Dabo will play freshman, but he is hesitant to do it and rightly so. That being said, I would have preferred to see more playing time from one player his freshman year - D. Watson (particularly in the UGA game), but I believe the coaches know way more about the intangibles of "readiness" than we do reading reports on line.

Re: Based on my observations, Swinney is a little hesitant...

Posted: Aug 15, 2015 2:14 AM

I'm with Tiger Tim on this one

Posted: Aug 15, 2015 7:18 AM

CJ Fuller, Chris Register, Adam Choice, Kurt Fleming...I'm with Neal. Whoever gives us the best chance to win the game.

Posted: Aug 15, 2015 1:05 PM

How can you say that when Sammy Watkins, Mackenzie Alexander, and Artavis Scott AND Deshaun Watson all started as freshmen???

Posted: Aug 15, 2015 4:42 PM

Walt Duptula's opinion is that if there is equal talent, the underclassmen should get the start. Right or wrong, Swinney seems to give priority to the upperclassmen when there is a doubt. Maybe Swinney views that as faithfulness to the older players. Not sure.

Replies: 18  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Boston College
FOR SALE: I have 4 tickets and a parking pass!!! The seats are LOWER BOWL section O row JJ on the 45 yard line...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
4399 people have read this post