Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson's QB situation far from settled, but Swinney pleased with talent on hand
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson's QB situation far from settled, but Swinney pleased with talent on hand

Apr 20, 2018, 12:01 PM

Clemson's QB situation far from settled, but Swinney pleased with talent on hand

While Clemson’s quarterback situation is far from settled, the Tigers are in a much better spot going into the offseason than they were a year ago. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson's QB situation far from settled, but Swinney pleased with talent on hand

Apr 20, 2018, 12:48 PM

Drives me crazy when I read "KB won a conference championship, 12 games, etc". The TEAM...in particular an OUTSTANDING defense was greatly instrumental in all those wins. Don't get me wrong. I like KB. I think he did a pretty good job at the position last year, but some of these accolades just don't fit.

Re: New Story: Clemson's QB situation far from settled, but Swinney pleased with talent on hand

Apr 20, 2018, 2:10 PM

I personally think this was one of Dabo's best, at least he is willing to acknowledge that we are in the best QB position that we have ever had. I feel like KB will be the starter in 2018, but I also feel good and believe that Dabo knows that he doesn't have to stick with any one QB if the starter isn't getting the job done. This leads me to be comfortable feeling that Dabo will have a short leash on any QB that isn't performing at a pace he believes should keep the chains moving in the right direction... I'm OK with what he said if it all wasn't just coach speak, and I believe he knows he can change QB's if and when needed, and win!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tigertommy46 gets it.

Apr 20, 2018, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson's QB situation far from settled, but Swinney pleased with talent on hand ]

+1

Apr 20, 2018, 12:53 PM

I think the title is amusing. Swinney is pleased with the talent on hand? Ah, yea, the best group of QBs in the country and it's not even close.

Apr 20, 2018, 1:09 PM

I have a feeling the coaches know who the starter will be but fear if they announce it now they are sure to get transfers before the start of the season.

Apr 20, 2018, 1:24 PM

They might have the answer and I agree that there is no reason to name the starter now. But traditionally for all the greatness the coaches and team have achieved we seem to struggle with QB selection and special teams (although special teams seems to have the right permanent fixes in place). Hunter John was number 2 for awhile last year and they kept giving Cooper as many justifications as they could (he's fantastic in practice). They said the new guys had to take the position away, if the difference in performance during spring didn't take it away then I doubt anything will.

Prediction: KB starts until we are behind in a game and then brings in next guy until too late for that game.Either way we make playoffs and win natty because our defense is just that much better than everyone else. If KB "doesn't" start regardless of his performance I will gladly cook up that crow, but based on how they repeatedly tried to feed him extra reps during spring game I feel pretty safe on this bet.

Apr 20, 2018, 2:33 PM

We won't beat Bama with their new QB. Not in the Natty.

I feel confident Usuck will not make the playoffs so you

Apr 21, 2018, 6:52 AM

have nothing to worry about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2018, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson's QB situation far from settled, but Swinney pleased with talent on hand ]

Says the coot!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

counting just the pass attempts

Apr 20, 2018, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson's QB situation far from settled, but Swinney pleased with talent on hand ]

KB had 15, HJ had 14, TL had 16 and CB had 19

CB had the most yards and was the only passer over 200 yards for the game, and actually ended up with the most snaps at 26 where as KB ended up with the fewest snaps at 19...

with this info, it appears that CB was the one being fed the extra reps not just with snaps and pass attempts but with longer pass attempts as well...

so, no set up for KB to be the starter in that theory...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: counting just the pass attempts

Apr 20, 2018, 8:11 PM

KB went three and out 7 out of 8 times.

Do the math

Apr 20, 2018, 9:52 PM

According to the report that you read that's still only 25 snaps, still less than his QB teammate CB... so where are all of the extra snaps that he was fed? Hand offs to Feaster and Rencher didn't get him any pass attempts.... so, what's your point?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2018, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: counting just the pass attempts ]

Says the coot, but correct!!!

WTH is wrong with Dabo? TNET had this settled last year!

Apr 20, 2018, 2:00 PM

There are at least 123 omnipotent football experts on here, none of whom have been to a practice, who can objectively make this decision now!

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Apr 20, 2018, 2:35 PM

"Obviously blah blah blah"

For the Coach to say that all four QBs are good is equal to him saying, he doesn't care how great TL is, he's starting KB.

The man is stubborn as a mule.

There never was going to be any QB competition.

Apr 20, 2018, 3:14 PM

Does no good to name a starter right now. Simmer down princess. The best player will play

Apr 20, 2018, 4:10 PM

Another element to factor in is injuries. Some bumps/bruises may hold one of these guys back. Hope no one gets hurt, but you always have to be prepared for that.

ESPN saying Jalen Hurts is too predetermined.

Apr 21, 2018, 2:31 PM

He needs to develop in that he needs to learn how to throw guys open. So far he looks like KB and CB. Too pre determined with his passes in the Alabama Spring game. Nothing but three and outs.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic