Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nebraska Men’s Basketball Coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Nebraska Men’s Basketball Coach

Feb 22, 2019, 4:28 PM

Tim Miles stated Sunday in cornhuskers’ podcast after losing 7 in a row with team near bottom of the Big Ten: “if they fire me, they’re still going to pay me — I’m still a millionaire.” Miles’ words will have resonance in Clemson soon and somehow some folks have empathy for multi-millionaire pampered coaches. Just don’t get it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nebraska Men’s Basketball Coach

Feb 22, 2019, 4:33 PM

And your point is?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2019, 4:47 PM

Brownell will enjoy his millions, and he’s a fortunate son of a gun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The point is

Feb 22, 2019, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Nebraska Men’s Basketball Coach ]

we've extended and re-extended the contract on mediocrity here at Clemson. Time to give someone else a chance. We have the facilities. Clemson is a GREAT place to be. We have plenty of $$$. Time to spend enough to get a real Power-5 coach.

Let's face it - last season was the outlier for Brownell. Not making the Field of 64 is the norm. He's been here long enough to become fabulously wealthy. He's a young man who never has to work again if he doesn't want to. Time to move on. Not sorry.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This coach BEAT Brownell....

Feb 22, 2019, 4:50 PM

Sad

man i bet they love him even more now...***

Feb 22, 2019, 5:00 PM

Feb 22, 2019, 5:08 PM

and how do you feel about the OTHER 12 or so folks on the basketball staff who probably would be swept out with him? yes, the asst coaches make pretty good money, but in most cases they have a one year contract. and those contracts expire in the spring, so they get 'severance" only to the end of the contract. the "support staff" makes good money, but not near what the assts make. a coaching change changes the lives of a lot of people. coaching changes are necessary, its part of the biz. but let's don't forget not every one involved has the golden parachute

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do I feel?

Feb 22, 2019, 6:35 PM

I feel like asst. coaches know that they are hitching their wagon to the head coach's success. These guys knew what they were doing and no one held a gun to their heads.

Time to go. Not sorry.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a c rap thread

Feb 22, 2019, 7:08 PM

Having glee over folks losing their jobs is disgusting. Period.

I bet every coach in the land would love to harangue an accountant...a floor salesperson...a plant manager...a seamstress...a bank manager...a grocery clerk...a hamburger flipper (Oops...never mind...Scoks).

Come on, guys. Be better than this. You're in positive denial of Clemson's hoops history. You're ignoring the obstacles Brownell had to deal with once he took the job. Get off your high horses...you know nothing more about hoops than he does...and you sure as heck can't do better.

Can Clemson compete...sure. Will they? I believe so. Will it be Brad...it's my hope. Most of all, I'm willing to be realistic about what can be. I don't hitch any other sport at Clemson to what has happened in football..there's simply no comparison. None...zilch...nada. Disagree...I don't care. It's reality...to date...and there plenty...PLENTY...of Tiger supporters who know that as well.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ I found Judge Keller ^^^***

Feb 22, 2019, 7:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^ I found Judge Keller ^^^***

Feb 22, 2019, 8:59 PM

Now...ask me how I feel in three years! But, for now... ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nebraska has an even worse basketball history than Clemson

Feb 22, 2019, 7:36 PM

I beleive they are the only power conference program to have never won an NCAA tournament game

I don’t see how Nebraska can keep him now.***

Feb 22, 2019, 8:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 23, 2019, 1:29 PM

wow, his chances for a next job took a hit with that!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic