Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NFL Draft As Important as Anything To CU Football continued
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

NFL Draft As Important as Anything To CU Football continued

Apr 17, 2019, 6:57 PM

Agree? Or disagree w/me?

To me knowing the perception Bamer and Nikki Satan have as being "where you go to almost guarantee an NFL future" means the Tigers who get drafted are still paying dividends to the school.
Once a H.S. kid starts getting recruited hard and they know they have special "next level talent" the dream comes. That dream of starring in the NFL. We all know the stats on that; but elite players don't think like that. They believe in themselves and their ability. Side note: that's how they all stack up on one or three to 5 teams. They all think they will be the one who goes and starts at the school with all the 5 star and 4 star talent! "Because they are different"! A good confidence to have on the field.
The most serious of these players since Satan has been at Bamer have gone to the baby elephants. Not all; but a high number!
Enter Clemson - a place where you don't have to play for satan. Get treated like a machine. Or anything else funny like that! Clemson can put players in the NFL coming from a fun/family environment. Where the HC could probably tell a player his kid brothers name and age b/c he cares! Genuine care as a person not just as a football player!
Plus, Clemson wins! Including beating the emotionless machine! Why not go to a school that's going to care about training you as a person 1st as well as a football player?
The more Clemson Tigers get drafted - the more that strong hold of: "gasp, you better go to X school if you are serious about trying to make it into the league"!
All the Tigers in this years draft/last years and next years will all go toward changing that whole perception.
Also, the perception it has to be an SEC school! It doesn't.

To me - the players drafted ( H.S. kids and their coaches will be looking) are as important as anything else you can name to the "CONSISTENT SUCCESS" of the program!
As well as low coaching turnover, family environment, winning games to include NC! It's on par with all that - agree? Disagree?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, you hit it!

Apr 17, 2019, 7:27 PM

Remember, even several years ago, when a 4-5* recruit visited us & showed us a little love but disappointed us shortly thereafter..

and we learned it was primarily b/c of the SEC lore (NFL included) vs the lowly ACC.

44-16 & 15-0 will change that already outdated & changing logic even more..and as you stated, getting more of our better players drafted & then their succeeding (Nuk, DW4, Grady, etc) will put Clemson up there with Bama.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep, you hit it!

Apr 17, 2019, 8:34 PM

+1 lightbulbbill® You said it better than me and in far less words! Yep!

**Add in the fact, Nikki seems to treat those kids more like "assets" than like "his sons"! The narrative is quickly changing that you have to be "dang near robotic" in your approach to be successful! A big Thank You to William Christopher Swinney and the amazing Clemson coaching and training staff for that!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic