Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Myself included, ESPN's SEC bias has always
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Myself included, ESPN's SEC bias has always

Aug 20, 2017, 11:09 PM

Driven me crazy, but this 24 hour ode to Clemson has been awsome. Although I don't think it just happened to take place right after they signed on to start the ACC network. To take it a step further, do you would think you would have heard the narrative that the ACC was the best conference in 2016 if they had not agreed to the ACC network.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think so

Aug 21, 2017, 12:25 AM

I've always felt that those Clemson fans who disliked or criticized those people who say what they considered to be "negative" opinions aren't paying attention or they're biased themselves (toward Clemson or the ACC).

I've told some of those fans to take off their orange-colored glasses (or ACC glasses) and look at things objectively.

What have we done lately?

It several years before we won an ACC title until our recent run, and it's been decades since we won the national title. So what have we exactly done.

What has the ACC done?

Not much to speak of, especially if you take the accomplishments of Free Shoes University, except for an occasional aberration.

In 2016, however, it was a different story.

Now we need to sustain that.

Some people just seem to want respect instead of earning it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think so

Aug 21, 2017, 5:57 AM

Uhhh we had a pretty good 2015 too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2017, 6:32 AM [ in reply to I think so ]

I don't think it's about having to "earn" the respect. It is the unmerited disrespect, combined with the consistent SEC jock sniffing.

Do you recall "Clemsoning?" Never did understand how we were singled out when there were many other teams that have underperformed and lost games that they should not have lost. I've never heard them say "FSUing," "Notre Daming," "USCing," "Ohio Stating," "Oklahomaing." Have you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2017, 6:33 AM

C l e m s o n i n g is blocked?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has been, always will be

Aug 21, 2017, 7:27 AM

right here in Clemson SC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Aug 21, 2017, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Re: I think so ]

Big loyal fan base so tweak them to get clicks and reaction

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic