Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My $0.02... Playing Possum
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,139

My $0.02... Playing Possum

Sep 10, 2016, 10:32 PM

After lowering my blood pressure with some unnamed stress relieving activity, I have come to the conclusion that we were truly playing possum in BOTH the Troy and Auburn games. It was clearly evident today with some... I will conservitavely say "interesting" personnel packages. Not to mention the vanilla play calling on offense. The clear intent early in both games to not run Deshaun unless the game was in doubt.
I believe Dabo was determined to try out multiple (or questionable depending how you look at it) personnel combinations regardless of the current status of the game. Notably D Line and more obvious the O line configurations. Even when it was clear a personnel group needed to be 'corrected' back to its 1st team status, he stuck with said 'sub' in favor of getting them experience in the heat of a game when it counted.
That is the only way I can rationalize what has transpired in these first two games.
We have not shown our hand to anyone. Therefore, we are clearly saving our best for when it counts the most.
Anyways, that's my two cents, and we can't play much worse so it's only onward and upward from here.

Go Tigers.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My $0.02... Playing Possum

Sep 10, 2016, 10:34 PM

I disagree. I think we are legitimately struggling on Offense. One think I've noticed is Watson isn't running nearly as much as he has in the past and I think that's hurting the passing game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This happens every year and people still can't seem to see

Sep 10, 2016, 10:49 PM

We are way too conservative early in the year. We pulled this ##### against Louisville and nearly lost the game because of it last year. Our offense is fine. I hate it but that's what we're doing and we've been doing it the past few years and unfortunately it's going to get us beat one year. We pulled that crap with Cole stoudt at Georgia and ended up screwing around too long and got demolished in the 4th. We have no rythym when we run this vanilla no hurry and avoid rushing the QB offense. When we pull the same crap next year I want you to come back to this post and tell me I'm wrong. It's unbelievably frustrating to know how good your offense is then watch the team go through the motions like it was an intramural game against the chess team. Happy for the wins but I really wish we would just come out and blow someone out instead of playing to win with the least amount of offense and risk possible.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2016, 10:43 PM

My $ 0.01 ...
We need to be playing our best now,not when it counts the most because
I can assure you our opponents are going to play their best.
Saw that today.

Sep 10, 2016, 10:44 PM

Sandbagging will explain playcalling. It won't explain dropped passes and getting blown off the LOS. Our execution is poor and we look slow. I think we will right the ship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2016, 10:50 PM

Nothing to be gained by that. Team and individual stats tank. We look like crap and lose respect and DW'S Heisman chances go out the window.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,139
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic