Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mixed Feelings About Last Night's Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,348

Mixed Feelings About Last Night's Game

Aug 25, 2019, 2:37 PM

Many of you are aware that I obtained my first degree from the University of Florida, as did my late wife. Even before I received my degree from Clemson, both of us had became die hard Tiger fans and had the Tigers been playing theGators over the years, we would be rooting for the Tigers

Miami has been known as a thug school for a long time and, unfortunately, the Gators seem to have adopted the same reputation. However, that put me just a tad on the Gator side. Then there is the biased idea that the SEC is God's gift to the football world and the ACC belongs in the minor leagues. Now, old Joe21, being a sensitive sort re football matters, hopes any ACC can beat the snot out of their SEC opponent, including the Gators. Can you now see the problem that I was facing?

Last night's game showed us the good, bad and ugly with the bad and ugly outshining the good about 10 to 1. Part of that can be blamed on the first game, part can be blamed on the animosity between the two schools and large part can be blamed on the culture of the two teams. Florida is extremely over rated, probably have been given a large dose of SEC bias in the polls. Miami has potential but will never reach that potential until they get rid of the chain and brass knuckles, perfect symbols for a thug school. Maybe the next prize swill be a loaded Colt45 for the player who returns an interception for a TD.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mixed Feelings About Last Night's Game- Joe as someone

Aug 25, 2019, 2:42 PM

asked yesterday (if you answered I didnt see it)- Did you know Mr 2 Bits fro Fla?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joe21, I can readily tell you had some emotions going when posting above since..

Aug 25, 2019, 2:47 PM

you edited it Twice!

LoL and get ready for some really good football just a mile or so from your cozy house. Oh, who lives closer to DV..you or Dabo.

I say you!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joe21, I can readily tell you had some emotions going when posting above since..

Aug 25, 2019, 3:44 PM

Bill--- I have an unusual keyboard. Sometimes the keys are not located where my fingers decide to land. I've tried Hadicol, Geritol, Carter's Little Liver Pills, Uncle Wally's Cod Liver Oil and several other sure-fire guaranteed remedies but nothing seems to work. I use the Columbus Typing System exclusively. Their motto is "Find a Key and Land on It"

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mixed Feelings About Last Night's Game- Joe as someone

Aug 25, 2019, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Mixed Feelings About Last Night's Game- Joe as someone ]

No, I didn't know Mr. 2 Bits personally. I graduated in the spring of 1949 and remained in grad school until my wife got her degree at the end of the 1949 summer session. 2 Bits started his "cheerleading" that fall. I did attended several games after returning from Korea and before moving to Clemson and saw him in action. The Gators needing a lot of cheerleading during that time because the team was worse than the Gamecocks.

Key word - "culture". A lot of schools are starting to

Aug 25, 2019, 6:12 PM

catch on and are trying to emulate what Dabo has done in that regard. Recruit "good" kids, and do things the right way. Amazing how many are still oblivious. Bodes well for us, though.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,348
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic