Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Memorial Day - Normandy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Memorial Day - Normandy

May 26, 2018, 5:16 PM

This weekend makes me think of when I went to Normandy this past summer of 2017 - went to the American Cemetery you see in Saving Private Ryan.

To see all those Crosses/Stars of David in perfect order across that open field in moving to say the very least. We forget what we have because these and so many others gave their all for us - throughout our history as a nation.

I also include the Confederate soldiers who gave their all as I have family who fits in this area as well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Memorial Day - Normandy

May 26, 2018, 5:20 PM

yep an amazing thing. cemetaries like that are very moving. BTW the D-Day Musuem in New Orleans is really wirth a visit if you are ever there. To see Ikes letter blaming himslef (should the invasion have failed) shows how close the margin was. The more I learn about this era the more fascinating it is. I researched my dads B-24 crew and found the squadron website. Amazingaf

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My father had a picture of his brother's marker there

May 26, 2018, 5:44 PM

He really missed him and I never got to meet him since I wasn't born yet. Had a really hard time watching the beach scenes of that movie knowing my uncle was killed there at that time.

Message was edited by: clover65®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Memorial Day - Normandy

May 26, 2018, 6:17 PM

I will be going to England in July and one of my favorite stops has always been the American Military Cemetery at Cambridge. On a clear day, looking North, one can see the steeple on the cathedral at Ely. The cemetery is maintained to perfection, a fitting tribute to those buried there. My first act is always a salute to a group of true heroes.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic