»
Topic: Looking at 2001 Clemson at Scar game. Question!!!
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jun 3, 2020 7:35 PM by: Clemson81to85
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

Looking at 2001 Clemson at Scar game. Question!!!

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 4:26 PM

Go to the last play by Clemson. Long pass by Dantzler with .07 left is incomplete and the game ends 20-15 SCar. But, there is a penalty- go to 2:18:30 on the link. Never heard any explanation of the flag. If it’s on Clemson then the game is over; however, if the penalty is against SCar then Clemson should get one more untimed play. Anyone know what the final penalty was?

https://youtu.be/YASUjxdRdvE

About all I remember about that game was that there

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 7:09 PM

was something said about a flag on the last play. It seems I do remember there was some grumbling about why there wasn't another play.

I just looked at the play again and my guess is that

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 7:12 PM

the flag was thrown for the South Carolina player interfering with the last Clemson player that had a chance to catch the ball. It was likely picked up and waved off because the ball had been tipped a few yards earlier. That's just my take after watching the play again.

Probably correct on the pass being tipped.

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 7:25 PM

Announcer says : “it’s tipped” right before he’s says there’s a penalty. Now if the penalty was for defensive holding, might have been a different outcome. Refs still should have still given some explanation of the “no penalty.”

Yes, the refs should have. I love the announcer saying

[2]
Posted: Jun 3, 2020 7:35 PM

"The chicken curse is dead". Although he was saying it tongue in cheek, funny to think that Clemson would win the next three visits to Columbia and the very next visit to Willy B would be 63-17. LOL, the rumors of the chicken curse death had been greatly exaggerated.

Replies: 4  
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1050 people have read this post