Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let me start by saying I am an old geezer, so be gentle.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Let me start by saying I am an old geezer, so be gentle.

Aug 18, 2019, 5:57 AM

Lightening took out a router at the end of a daisy wheel HTC set up. Their router is in the house. My router was in the garage--now the dead one. I bought an Orbi router because it has two nodes with it and could get away from the Daisy wheel thing. Well, a t.v. cable comes into the back of the HTC router. There is no such thing on the ORBI--just USB in from HTC modem and several outs. One my computer and printer are directly connected in. When I unhook the cable from the router all the televisions go stiff. Any ideas? Just give up and call HTC?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

you sound more like a 25 year old computer science nerd

Aug 18, 2019, 6:01 AM

than you do an old geezer, but it sounds like your flux capacitor needs changing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you sound more like a 25 year old computer science nerd

Aug 18, 2019, 7:28 AM

By nodes I take it you have 2 boxes. See if other box has a coax connection, if not you need a cable modem to convert coax i-net to eithernet Cat 5.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Might be the fitzer valve***

Aug 18, 2019, 8:44 AM [ in reply to you sound more like a 25 year old computer science nerd ]

Re: Might be the fitzer valve***

Aug 18, 2019, 10:13 AM

And wash those windows. They’ve got filth and muck on them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let me start by saying I am an old geezer, so be gentle.

Aug 18, 2019, 7:25 AM

Okay, I'm an ol' geezer too, but I'm gonna try to clear up a couple of things that sound confusing to me.

The device that connects to the incoming cable wire (Coaxial cable) is typically called a "modem" (modulate/demodulate). Some ISP's (Internet Service Providers) have a single device which is a modem and a router combined, so you do not have a separate router like I think you have. I think your modem (which you call "my router") is in the garage.

Typically, modems and routers might have USB's, but usually have RJ-45 connectors (which look like RJ-25 landline phone connectors on steroids).

Now it gets confusing because you mention and HTC modem and an HTC router, but you say "their router is in the house".

3 questions.
1. Which device (house or garage) did you replace?
2. Which "router" are you disconnecting a cable from to make the TV's stop working?
3. Can you confirm that the ORBI router only has a USB inbound?

Aug 18, 2019, 10:41 AM

The garage router died. The HTC one the receives everything us ok. Bought the Orbi to end the Dsisy chain and want to replace the HTC one with it, but there is no place to attach the cable to the Orbi. Only has USB ports.

Tiger/Terrier

Aug 18, 2019, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Let me start by saying I am an old geezer, so be gentle. ]

The garage router died. The HTC one the receives everything us ok. Bought the Orbi to end the Dsisy chain and want to replace the HTC one with it, but there is no place to attach the cable to the Orbi. Only has USB ports.

Tiger/Terrier

Aug 18, 2019, 10:20 AM

It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads, and I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State.

Aug 18, 2019, 10:27 AM

He just gives you that look...

Ah, Gordo, down here, the bypass line is down here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2019, 11:15 AM

Perhaps you could tell us your orbi model number? If you buy an orbi with built-in cable modem, this would be the first device coming from outside via cable. If HTC charges modem fee, this would save a little money. Normal wifi hub would still connect to your internet via an ethernet cable from the cable modem provided by HTC.

i'd move***

Aug 18, 2019, 3:35 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2019, 1:03 AM

Its a ### n shame all the kids have to post stuff that is totally nonsense. Isn't there something else they can do that troll serious questions. Sorry.

Aug 28, 2019, 12:28 PM

I also bought the Orbi router because its WiFi system provides the strongest WiFi signal. I want to that how can I replace my existing cable modem with Orbi Router Modem.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic