Topic: Jim McQueen Illustration
Replies: 9   Last Post: Dec 4, 2020, 4:12 PM by: Rocky the Tiger®
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

Jim McQueen Illustration

[1]
Posted: Dec 3, 2020, 11:31 PM

Curious to see if anyone on here knows anything about this illustration. Someone recently gave it to me and I can't find any background or history on it. It came with a pamphlet that includes info on each person in the illustration and the 1981 athletic staff, roster, coaching staff, schedule, etc. It's 20x24.

Re: Jim McQueen Illustration

Posted: Dec 4, 2020, 12:10 AM

it looks like it's from one of the football media guides-circa the 80's.i've got them all,but can't search them right now.will tomorrow and t-mail,if i find anything that matches.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

[1]
Posted: Dec 4, 2020, 12:20 AM

went back and looked a little closer and i think the guys below danny look like:perry tuttle,terry kinard,jeff davis,lee nanney,and jeff bryant.lower right corner are homer and jeff mccall from the '81 natty,so my educated guess is that it's probably dated from '82.

Posted: Dec 4, 2020, 10:05 AM

It's fairly large, 20x24. You are correct on who is included and it's signed "Jim Mcqueen '82". From my research McQueen was a prominent golf illustrator and I was surprised that I cant find another one on the internet.

Posted: Dec 4, 2020, 3:53 PM

the same illustration wasn't on the '82 nd '83 media guides,but there were others signed by mcqueen.

Posted: Dec 4, 2020, 10:05 AM

It's fairly large, 20x24. You are correct on who is included and it's signed "Jim Mcqueen '82". From my research McQueen was a prominent golf illustrator and I was surprised that I cant find another one on the internet.

Are you selling it?***

Posted: Dec 4, 2020, 7:20 AM

Re: Are you selling it?***

Posted: Dec 4, 2020, 8:06 AM

Interesting that a similar rendition today would feature the Paw more prominently. You probably wouldn’t include the Tiger at all. It’s before my Clemson time, so curious to ask. In the 70’s and 80’s was the Paw mostly limited to the football uniforms? Did they produce a lot of sweatshirts, t-shirts, and ballcaps promoting the Paw?

Re: Are you selling it?***

Posted: Dec 4, 2020, 10:06 AM

Not interested in selling right now. Just trying to find out more information.

It was sold as 1981 National Championship memorabilia....

Posted: Dec 4, 2020, 4:09 PM

if I remember correctly, it was offered in The Orange & White.

It was a commemorative piece to celebrate the team.

I think you could buy basic prints or signed & numbered prints.

There was all kinda stuff like this offered in The Orange & White and at places like Knickerbocker, etc.

That's what I remember. I have definitely seen it and know what you are talking about.

It was not part of the media guide or anything Clemson sponsored, that I recall. It was a private individual or similar offering it.

Maybe email the folks at Allen's Creations (if they are still around) - the frame shop in Clemson. I'm sure they would know about it or have seen it.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: (4) Section J row S...$3600. Email if interested. Go Tigers!!

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1800 people have read this post