Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is this true? We offered the local kid from Greenville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Is this true? We offered the local kid from Greenville

Dec 18, 2018, 9:15 PM

A few days ago, to pull the offer for another 3 Star kid from South Florida who was going to FAU?? If so, that's not good!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is this true? We offered the local kid from Greenville

Dec 18, 2018, 9:20 PM

We probably put out offers to both and the Fort Lauderdale kid was smart enough to know he should accept it. When he accepted the spot was gone.

You snooze you lose.

This happens all the time, and we should not hold up our recruiting for a project player.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2018, 9:21 PM

Very good point!

Also Boateng is ranked much higher

Dec 18, 2018, 9:29 PM

Why is this hard to understand?

Dec 18, 2018, 9:23 PM

There were 2 offers for one slot. Boateng was the one that jumped on it. I would be willing to bet that was communicated to each of them.

There should still be a spot for him or Putnam

Dec 18, 2018, 9:52 PM

Can we please stop referring to people by stars?

Dec 18, 2018, 9:23 PM

It's so annoying and worthless.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is fairly easy

Dec 18, 2018, 9:30 PM

It's like selling a car.

Scenario:
I say : "I'll sell you this car for this price"
You say : "Hmm, let me think about it"
I say : "OK, but I'm not holding it for you"
-- two weeks pass --
You say : "OK, I'll buy that car"
I say : "Sorry, sold it yesterday"

No one gets upset, expectations are known.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is fairly easy

Dec 18, 2018, 9:35 PM

I’m intrigued. Tell me more about this car you have for sale. I’m really looking for a 1980’s conversion van with a plush interior.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pic***

Dec 18, 2018, 10:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are you stalking me and my van?

Dec 18, 2018, 10:40 PM

BTW, it runs good and I'm asking $3500, but I'm willing to discuss a trade for an 82 Camaro (NO FIREBIRDS!)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fritszche Will Be Good! SC- H.S. Football Is Good!

Dec 18, 2018, 11:02 PM

To the poster talking about the kid having faced better competition in SFL - all I have to say is: "not so fast my friend"!
Take a look at the leading WR's this past week in the NFL. #1 is from SC #2 is from SC. Per Capita we rank behind only Florida and Texas! Tied with Georgia per capita not #'s understand!

But, I think this kid being 6'7 and 255 LBS. having been a TE( meaning he is athletic enough ) could be really good for us. He would have to come in and redshirt his first year with no questions, ifs or buts. However, from looking at the film on this kid; I think he would be worth it. He plays with an edge. Many big guys you have to make them angry before they play like that; this kid seems to "get it" and unless the clips I saw were after a butt chewing; "he plays with an edge"! He isn't a 5* OL because he does not have the weight right now! But, imagine a year with our strength and conditioning and nutrition program.
We would have a kid with the ideal reach for a LT or at worst RT. I think he is athletic enough and mean enough to eventually be a solid LT.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pic***

Dec 19, 2018, 7:24 AM [ in reply to Pic*** ]

I can’t see the far side in this pic. Are there 4 full size tires or is she running with a “maypop” on the other side?

The local kid has also played TE, not just OL..

Dec 18, 2018, 9:35 PM

and needed to pack on 40-50 lbs. Boateng already has the size, just needs to refine his technique. Also Boateng plays against much better competition in SFL. He's a good late pickup in what was looking bleak for OL recruiting.

IF we can land Putnam (obviously still up in the air and announces Thursday), it's not a bad haul with Rayburn and Boateng. A high 4*, a high 3* and a mid range 3*. That's about average for us on the OL and next year we will load up with some serious talent mostly compromised of high 4* with 2 already in the fold...

Dec 18, 2018, 10:03 PM

Agree - Boateng would be a nice pickup. Just would also like to sign Jimmy Fritzsche as he looks like a good person as well as s good player!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

It's really not that complicated...

Dec 18, 2018, 10:27 PM

Coaches make decisions based on firm commitments. Fritzsche wasn't prepared to make a firm commitment which is fine but in a few more weeks when he is ready to make a firm commitment, there are no guarantees that Nebraska or Clemson will still have a spot available for him.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic