Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is this FIXABLE???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Is this FIXABLE???

Oct 20, 2013, 8:44 AM

Where do we go from here? I realize that we had big wins against LSU, and what appears to be a very overrated UGA team, but after last night, we fell right back into cliché mode.

How was this win any different than the orange bowl loss? In my opinion, it was many times worse. we weren't ready to play last night, it was obvious from the lack of emotions leaving the locker room and the bus ride to the hill. There was no fire in this team at all. very few on this board would have had there heads down if we could have kept this game close, but once again, we are the brunt of jokes and deservedly so.

We had everything in place to make it a super special season. We had a Heisman candidate, a first round WR, a top OC, and a defense that has performed at a high national level. Yet, we could finish the regular season with 1 or 2 losses and produce one of the most disappointing seasons in recent history. The Orange Bowl resulted in an immediate firing, but I'm sure that isn't the case with this loss. We were out prepared, outcoached, and outplayed in EVERY portion of this game. The offense, defense, and special teams all looked like #### and there's no way that they were that much more talented or deep. Is FSU a good football team? Hell yes, but that loss was as much about us laying down and them performing.

This loss falls directly at the top. Yeah I know the 2 quick turnovers were huge, but we had many opportunities to either make a big stop or actually put points on the board. It was a catastrophic failure across the board for this staff and team. I'm not advocating a massive shakeup to try to correct this issue, but I truly don't know if this Dabo led staff will ever be able to run the table. Yes it's one loss, and I'm sure that dozens of teams and fans would gladly trade places with us. Yet this was the year when the stars were going to be aligned and all the pieces fell together, and in slipped another high profile humiliating loss.

Once again, a hard fought loss to a highly ranked team is almost acceptable, but to bend over on the first play of the game, and then repeatedly get throttled for the entire game is a farce. I truly don't know if Dabo can EVER rid himself of the "###" albatross that is hanging around his neck. emotions have more than one side, and keeping 18-22 old's emotions in check for an entire season through highs and lows is almost impossible. When you also have a head coach that is also extremely emotional and passionate, you've now made that weekly challenge even more difficult, if not impossible.

Am I alone in thinking this? Is Dabo Swinney capable of putting together a full season without a "###" game? I don't expect to run the table every year, I just want a season of without the embarrassment of nationally televised debacle. We took what was possibly the biggest game in our conference history, and in front of 80K+, we turned right back into the cliché that was named after us. that's pathetic.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is a very good coach but he's no where near

Oct 20, 2013, 8:50 AM

The level of a Nick Saban,Urban Meyer, Les Miles type
Those guys don't allow their teams to get WAXED in big games

Re: Dabo is a very good coach but he's no where near

Oct 20, 2013, 8:52 AM

True

Not more than once, anyway

Oct 20, 2013, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Dabo is a very good coach but he's no where near ]

Can this be a turning point for Dabo? To become more of a no excuses what did you do for me today kind of coach? Dunno.....

Re: Is this FIXABLE???

Oct 20, 2013, 8:53 AM

the fumbles started last week.don't know why after playing great ball before then

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2013, 8:54 AM

I can guarantee you that Nick Saban will never be blown out. Had his athletes quit on him like that, he would have pulled scholarships and kicked people off the team.

Oct 20, 2013, 11:03 AM

losing is one thing, and it happens to everyone.

that's not our problem, and if we would have lost a heartbreaker last night, then I wouldn't be asking this question or having these concerns.

but the ### games seem to follow us around, just when you think they're gone, then along comes last night.

Dabo is a great recruiter, and a good man, but I truly don't think he has a clue as to how to prevent or correct the games in which we simple don't show up against quality teams. the adjustments and pep talks have yet to produce results, and the team seems to fall deeper into the abyss as the game progresses.

that could have easily been 17-14 last night, and we were right back in it. yet, the snowball kept on rolling, and Dabo seems oblivious on how to stop it.

Oct 20, 2013, 9:14 AM

I agree with you 100%. No sunshine pumping out of me.

Could easily be the biggest loss in our history

Oct 20, 2013, 9:23 AM

I truly think it blows away the Orange Bowl debacle.

1. at the Valley
2. possibly the biggest ACC matchup ever
3. highest ranking in decades
4 BCS hopes

we were outcoached, outplayed, outschemed, and dominated in physicality both in the trenches and at the skill positions. horrible effort, horrible adjustments and a eye opening outcome. This program has major deficiencies that i'm not sure can be solved without some major changes and i'm not sure that will ever be addressed.

Re: Could easily be the biggest loss in our history

Oct 20, 2013, 11:11 AM

Looked to me that when Boyd got punched in the mouth in that first quarter he was done and his teammates sensed this too...camera kept showing the 3 QB's off to the side and not with the rest of the team so not sure what that was all about???
Win out and a great bowl game is still ours...just beat SC they are the hardest team we have left!

Oct 20, 2013, 11:07 AM

Dabo jinxed us with his tweet to the GOV "This is our time" really put his foot in it again...damm it!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic