»
Topic: Is there an "official ACC plan" on makeup games?
Replies: 7   Last Post: Sep 24, 2020 4:15 PM by: 76er®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

Is there an "official ACC plan" on makeup games?

Posted: Sep 24, 2020 11:03 AM

You would think that with a number of teams losing games, that they could find another team in a similar position & try to match up dates. I read that UNC tried to get a fill in game when their Charlotte game got cancelled. IDK if it would have to be in state or in conference; I mean The Citadel only has 4 games, you would think they might want to add another.

Re: Is there an "official ACC plan" on makeup games?

Posted: Sep 24, 2020 11:09 AM

I saw it reported that UNC offered several schools $500,000 to schedule a game at the last minute. Apparently all of their options OOC wanted close to $1 million. That's a big gap to negotiate.

I think what is going to happen is that the ACC is being casual about how they are rescheduling games now, and I think as games pile up they will wish they had pushed more games to the front of the schedule for more flexibility.

ND and WF had a common bye week on 10/3.

Posted: Sep 24, 2020 11:16 AM

Would have made a ton of sense to schedule that game for then. I know WF has since moved up their game with Campbell to that week, but that is a missed opportunity. If either has a postponement from this point forward (say ND and Clemson), there is now no date for that game to be made up.

A cool Mil wouldn't have been a problem if normal crowds and

Posted: Sep 24, 2020 4:15 PM

concessions were being allowed. Unfortunately, without the game day revenue coming in, everything is affected.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Sep 24, 2020 11:13 AM

They probably have one but with testing and all whatever the plan it gets changed in the blink of an eye with a new developments

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

[1]
Posted: Sep 24, 2020 11:43 AM

It appears to me that Dec. 15 is the only date available where games could be played unless a bye week is available for the teams in question. The Tigers have one more bye weekend after the ND game. I guess that date could be used if the opposing team also had that day open. That would be unlikely I would think.

It will be a miracle if everyone plays the same number of games.

Posted: Sep 24, 2020 11:57 AM

coachmac said:

You would think that with a number of teams losing games, that they could find another team in a similar position & try to match up dates. I read that UNC tried to get a fill in game when their Charlotte game got cancelled. IDK if it would have to be in state or in conference; I mean The Citadel only has 4 games, you would think they might want to add another.

The Citadel can only play a maximum of 4 games as mandated by the Southern Conference. So, they are out.

Missed that part about SoCon...thx***

Posted: Sep 24, 2020 3:22 PM

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: SEASON TICKETS FOR 2021 Lower Deck Section T, row 18, seats 5 & 7, plus a parking pass. $1900

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
761 people have read this post