Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m disappointed in the Gamecawk players cutting twigs off of the hedges in Athens
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

I’m disappointed in the Gamecawk players cutting twigs off of the hedges in Athens

Oct 14, 2019, 8:53 AM

They should’ve pulled them up by the roots.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m disappointed in the Gamecawk players cutting twigs off of the hedges in Athens

Oct 14, 2019, 9:06 AM

Have you looked at their team? There's no one on that team man enough to pull up a shrub!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plenty of room in the trophy case for the whole things!***

Oct 14, 2019, 9:23 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Salt the earth***

Oct 14, 2019, 9:39 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you’re going to do something do it right

Oct 14, 2019, 9:43 AM

And they wonder why they’ve sucked the vast majority of their pathetic 120 year history.

I guess I'm the odd man out, because I thought it was

Oct 14, 2019, 9:54 AM

classless and wrong. I hate UGA (thus my handle) but that's the equivalent of busting pieces off of our Rock. I realize the hedges grow back but the whole thing was part and parcel of that POS coaching the coots, Muschump. You think Dabo would've allowed that? I doubt it.

I didn’t see it and perhaps it was done inappropriately

Oct 14, 2019, 10:00 AM

but to just take a twig from the hedges doesn’t sound bad to me. It is not on the same planet as chipping the rock. They’re living plants. Presumably the are edged weekly and taking a few twigs won’t even be visible.

You don’t have to like the Gamecocks to understand how proud they probably are with a win in Athens. A few twigs is a nice souvenir I think.

null

It was bad enough that SCar apologized for it. Like the

Oct 14, 2019, 10:16 AM

poster below said, thugs who aren't used to winning pull crap like that.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/south-carolina-apologizes-hedges-damaging-uga-georgia

That really means nothing. UNC apologized for the fan cam

Oct 14, 2019, 10:31 AM

thing during our game, but it was harmless. Every organization has a form letter apology ready for the mass of the perpetually offended. Who has time to write the letter over and over again?

null

Re: That really means nothing. UNC apologized for the fan cam

Oct 14, 2019, 10:40 AM

I’m surprised these guys have time to post today when they’re out celebrating indigenous people day.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: It was bad enough that SCar apologized for it. Like the

Oct 14, 2019, 4:41 PM [ in reply to It was bad enough that SCar apologized for it. Like the ]

That’s ok for the coots to take a trophy but when they get pay from UGA next year I hope they take it like men and not whiners. Because UGA will remember Saturday for a long time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rocks don't grow back. As recent history shows. Apples and oranges if you will. .

Oct 14, 2019, 10:26 AM [ in reply to I guess I'm the odd man out, because I thought it was ]

The coots literally did what most anyone has done in their lifetime. They broke a few twigs off a living bush. Twigs will grow back. No if they poisoned them like that feller in Alabamy did years ago, that would be a different story.

Yeah, I acknowledged the hedges grow back. My point was

Oct 14, 2019, 10:32 AM

regarding the behavior and what the hedges mean to UGA. Honestly, I don't really care that much. I wish both teams could've lost and then got in an all-out brawl at midfield. THAT would've been entertaining.

I would sneak in at night and paint them all orange.

Oct 14, 2019, 10:01 AM

But I live too far away.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s a brilliant idea. They will blame it on a Tennessee fan***

Oct 14, 2019, 10:37 AM

Re: I’m disappointed in the Gamecawk players cutting twigs off of the hedges in Athens

Oct 14, 2019, 10:02 AM

Its common for teams that aren't used to winning to act like classless thugs. Even Lou Holtz told the fans to act like they have been there before when they tore down the goal posts after beating New Mexico State after that infamous 0-21 run. LOL Coots gonna coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2019, 10:26 AM

The key word was ACT like they have been there before. So in all fairness, they get so little practice in how to act after a win.

Oct 14, 2019, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: I’m disappointed in the Gamecawk players cutting twigs off of the hedges in Athens ]

But...many of them had not been there before! That was two winless seasons. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They had to have them to get credit for that Horticulture

Oct 14, 2019, 4:12 PM

Class.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The hedges are part of their campus and shouldn't be defaced

Oct 14, 2019, 4:20 PM
ugatailgate.jpg(206.6 K)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do they have any Rogers on their current roster?

Oct 14, 2019, 4:44 PM

I hear anyone named Roger is a good shrubber.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic