Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you make less than 75k, trump's tax plan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

If you make less than 75k, trump's tax plan

Nov 17, 2017, 5:57 PM

will help you very little, and can hurt you by 2028 when costs are offset under 3 different scenarios. If you make over 100k, you do extremely well either way.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you make less than 75k, trump's tax plan

Nov 17, 2017, 6:13 PM

I just need to pick up about 13,000 more lbs. of cans and I'll be okay.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know what I read?

Nov 17, 2017, 6:48 PM

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You know what I read?

Nov 17, 2017, 7:22 PM

> Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

What's it like being so convicted by ideology and hatred for a political party that you'd vote against your own interests?

The sound you hear isn't Waaaaa, it's Baaaa baaaa.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Related:

Nov 17, 2017, 6:51 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

40%+ of US taxpayers pay NO income tax

Nov 17, 2017, 7:37 PM

https://nypost.com/2016/02/24/45-percent-of-americans-pay-no-federal-income-tax/amp/

This is correct. There have been years when I paid zero.***

Nov 17, 2017, 8:07 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

No taxation without representation

Nov 18, 2017, 11:13 AM

Pretty sure that should also work in reverse.

No representation without taxation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just about smack in the middle, and I'll get a decent

Nov 17, 2017, 8:05 PM

cut as far as I can tell. I think this graphic is #####.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

dont tell these libbies facts***

Nov 17, 2017, 9:03 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Liar***

Nov 17, 2017, 9:02 PM

I love you too

Nov 17, 2017, 9:09 PM

Crash!

you are lying...no one pays more in taxes***

Nov 17, 2017, 9:33 PM

capt'n reach aRound !

Nov 17, 2017, 9:52 PM

null

Message was edited by: Tigerbalm1®

I will. Can't speak for anyone else,

Nov 20, 2017, 7:50 AM [ in reply to you are lying...no one pays more in taxes*** ]

but I've run the numbers on me. I'm not mad about it, and I'm not against the tax plan. But I know at least 2 people (me and my wife) who will see an increase in taxes under the proposed plan.

are these the facts Crash was talking about?***

Nov 20, 2017, 8:38 AM

This is one of the stupidest graphs ever!

Nov 17, 2017, 9:13 PM

Focus on the fine print.

This is result IF you take the FAKE lack of funds received by the govt and make EVERYONE pay them off equally!

So take the above post into context- 40% of tax payers pay no income taxes at all.

As it stands- the top 10% of income earners is less than 1% of the population.
The top 20% pay about 85% of all income taxes.
And the bottom 50% of income earners pays less than 3% of all federal taxes.

So how in the world would you all of a sudden tax everyone equally???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good catch.***

Nov 19, 2017, 9:58 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

My household makes a hair over 75k...

Nov 20, 2017, 7:34 AM

and according to my calculations, I'll pay just a hair more taxes under the proposed tax bill than I do under the current law (like a difference of $100 bucks or so).

It really will depend on the individual circumstances of each family. If you're a family who doesn't itemize, you should pay less taxes, if you make around the same amount of money we do, anyway.

FWIW- no one trusts your calculations because

Nov 20, 2017, 8:03 AM

Of your fooseball rankings.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL!***

Nov 20, 2017, 8:10 AM

Where do you go to get all the info

Nov 20, 2017, 9:39 AM [ in reply to My household makes a hair over 75k... ]

for the calculations?

I'd like to try it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I don't remember where I got it, but one site

Nov 20, 2017, 10:17 AM

had the proposed tax rates and the differences in deductions between currently law and the proposed law.

The key, for me, was that the personal exemptions went away. Under current law, I would take the personal exemptions and itemize deductions, since my deductions would be more than the standard.

Under the new law, the standard deduction is increased significantly, so I would no longer itemize. But, the (person exemptions + itemized deductions) under current law is a little more than the standard deduction under the new law, for me. So my taxable income is somewhat higher under the new law. The rate is reduced some, but still, the total tax is just a little north of where I am under current law.

If I weren't a tither, I would benefit under the new law. If I had kids, I would probably benefit (they are increasing the child tax credit, I believe). That's what I mean about how it gets really specific for individual families. I may be threading the needle somewhat with my situation.

Thanks.***

Nov 20, 2017, 10:20 AM

- Jonathan Swift

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic