Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If a 13-0 Clemson missed the playoffs (not gonna happen but let’s say it did)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

If a 13-0 Clemson missed the playoffs (not gonna happen but let’s say it did)

Oct 13, 2019, 5:12 PM

1.Lsu
2.oklahoma
3.ohio st
4. Alabama only lost to LSU
5. Clemson undefeated

Not gonna happen but if it did. Would Clemson still hold a National championship parade and celebrate another national championship I hope that we would. Because if we are undefeated we are national champions i don’t care what the experts say.

But let me say this again a 13-0 Clemson team will be in the playoffs. I would be shocked if they wasn’t

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If a 13-0 Clemson missed the playoffs (not gonna happen but let’s say it did)

Oct 13, 2019, 5:15 PM

I’m not so sure we will be, the way things are going!

Just how are things going ?

Oct 13, 2019, 5:33 PM

Before you,or anyone else mention the MEDIA or Sportswriter's Poll,they have nothing to do with the PLAYOFF.

We have no idea what the Committee thinks.

Re: Just how are things going ?

Oct 13, 2019, 5:43 PM

Exactly right! The AP is made up of sports writers. Sports writers who would love nothing more than to write up articles leading up to the "game of the century between LSU and Bama"! There is a bye week between the game too! Man - it would make great TV.

The CFPC isn't tasked with boosting ratings! The whole reason you have a: "POWER 5" is because it was agreed upon that a champion from one of these conferences would basically have 1st rights. Unless a champion is not highly ranked or has multiple losses. See Ohio St. a couple years ago so Bama got in. If we are undefeated: we are in! If not, the CFPC will be done after this season!

Even teams with no team in it would have a problem with it. Like Pac 12 schools for example. The narrative would be from the outside looking in that they bent over backwards and went against what was agreed on to get two SEC teams in.
Think back to the BCS when only two teams were considered. A 1 loss team even named LSU or Bama would not get in over an undefeated Clemson. A program the last time each faced Clemson "LOST TO"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just how are things going ?

Oct 13, 2019, 6:11 PM

LSU Bama will already be played. One of those teams is going to win, and that team will go to the championship. The committee is not going to rehash that game in a semi-final. If Clemson finishes undefeated, we will be in. The committee is not going to take an undefeated defending champion and leave them out of the playoffs. The amount of hail that would rain down on them, especially if the replacement gets pulverized, would probably break the system.

Tell 'em u5c coot

Oct 13, 2019, 5:15 PM

f5u too now

Re: Tell 'em u5c coot

Oct 13, 2019, 5:18 PM

f5u too now

Clemson gonna beat the coots I can not wait. So not sure what your talking about.

Tell 'em u5c coot

Oct 13, 2019, 5:30 PM

You fool no one, but hey it took 4 turnovers and a normally

Oct 13, 2019, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Tell 'em u5c coot ]

reliable UGa kicker missed two FG's which he would normally hit.

The only thing yesterday did was give SCAR a decent chance of finishing 6-6.

As for the CFP, watch how the committee addresses the rankings. You will never see an undefeated defending CFP Champion not make the CFP this year. I also think if undefeated Clemson will be the #1 seed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

-1 Jussie***

Oct 13, 2019, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Tell 'em u5c coot ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If a 13-0 Clemson missed the playoffs (not gonna happen but let’s say it did)

Oct 13, 2019, 6:04 PM

Okay scooter....if we continue to play reserves at the sacrifice of a dominating crushing of at least 1team we will be the deepest, most well rested Undefeated ACC Champion playing somebody in the Orange Bowl, I don’t care what you people think about me or my opinion, this year is shaping up to be very different. We can be left out.

This******

Oct 13, 2019, 8:47 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An undefeated Clemson team will NOT be left out.

Oct 13, 2019, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Re: If a 13-0 Clemson missed the playoffs (not gonna happen but let’s say it did) ]

Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

This year looks exactly the same as just about every other year. OSU and OK look like world beaters coming out of September coupled with blah blah multiple SEC teams in the playoff so Clemson will be left out. When will you ever learn?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your cootishness is really getting old around here.

Oct 13, 2019, 8:52 PM

I figured you’d be clacking and clucking on the chicken bored with the rest of the dirtpeckers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic