»
Topic: I know Beer is supposed to be our best hitter...
Replies: 6   Last Post: Apr 21, 2018 11:48 AM by: smillsap1
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

I know Beer is supposed to be our best hitter...

Posted: Apr 20, 2018 6:43 PM

But I would guess he is less than 20% at getting a runner home from third with less than 2 outs. All he has to do is put the ball in play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: I know Beer is supposed to be our best hitter...

Posted: Apr 20, 2018 6:46 PM

Unless things change he will have a short pro career

Posted: Apr 20, 2018 6:50 PM

I agree. His fielding is average at best. Good arm but slow movement. Other than his freshman year he has been disappointing. His power is good, but he cannot help his team by putting the ball in play when necessary.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Apr 20, 2018 6:54 PM

Supposed can’t miss pro prospects don’t fail to hit 300 for 2 seasons in college.

Posted: Apr 20, 2018 6:52 PM

This whole team has got to stop watching strike 3. They would rather try to get a walk then put bat on ball

2018 student level member

Posted: Apr 21, 2018 11:30 AM

Amen on striking out less , quit looking at strike three , without swinging the bat .

Message was edited by: lexington72®

2018 orange level member

Posted: Apr 21, 2018 11:48 AM

It seems like Beer will struggle to make it up to the majors. Maybe similar to Kyle Parker. Overall he doesn’t seem very athletic (ie slow), so 1st base and DH are the likely spots on a team, but he never got playing time at 1st to improve. He would have improved his chances if he would have learned to hit to the opposite field. He’s got a good eye at the plate and a natural swing so there was potential to work with. A dead pull hitter in the era of data analytics / fielding shifts looks like a 250 hitter at the MLB level.

Replies: 6  
Clemson Gear
Clemson Gear

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: Selling four season tickets in section L, lower level, north stands. Asking $1,100 each OBO. Willing...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball ]
Start New Topic
513 people have read this post