Topic: I hope those that stole alcohol during the protests raise a
Replies: 13   Last Post: May 30, 2020 7:19 PM by: 76er®
[ General Boards - Politics & Religion ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 13  

I hope those that stole alcohol during the protests raise a

[1]
Posted: May 30, 2020 1:25 AM

glass to George Floyd when they drink it.

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

They just did it for the cause.***

Posted: May 30, 2020 1:51 AM

2020 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Well, alcohol is a performance enhancer for

Posted: May 30, 2020 12:22 PM

for perpetrating wanton destruction and mayhem.

George Floyd’s legacy:

Posted: May 30, 2020 2:01 AM

Free booze, free TVs and a bunch of tore up sh!t. Yep, I guess that’s how they want us to remember him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

No, I remember him as a black dude

Posted: May 30, 2020 2:30 PM

who got suffocated by a pussy cop while other pussy cops stood around and watched.

Always so eloquent***

Posted: May 30, 2020 2:36 PM

2020 orange level member

Am I wrong?***

Posted: May 30, 2020 2:42 PM

Re: Am I wrong?***

[1]
Posted: May 30, 2020 2:46 PM

I think almost everyone has made it clear what the cop did was wrong. I’ve yet to see one supporter. That’s likely why they arrested the guy that did it...which is what the protestors were originally demanding. It’s now devolved into rioting and looting, which only alienates people who would otherwise be sympathetic. I think most of it is coming from the likes of Antifa and other outside groups though. It’s a shame because it is only hurting the neighborhoods the original protestors actually live in.

2020 orange level member

There's nothing wrong with that

Posted: May 30, 2020 2:54 PM

If other people want to focus on the riots and the protests, that's fine. I just like to keep my eye on the prize. The "why" of the "protest" is just as important, if not more so, than the "how" to me.

You don't have to agree at all. But that won't mean that I'll lose sight of the fact that, time and time again, video evidence of these situations shows that MOST cops are total pussies who wouldn't know right from wrong if it kicked them in the cooter.

People dying for no reason is worse than people damaging property for a reason. That's my opinion. And we don't have to agree.

We don’t. Surprise.

Posted: May 30, 2020 3:01 PM

I hope you never need a cop in the future. You’re labeling all (or most) of them because of the actions of a few.

Also, right is right and wrong is wrong. Two wrongs don’t make a right, etc. It’s funny how these old sayings always ring true. Destroying property, looting, and committing violence doesn’t serve any purpose. I have zero problem with the original protestors and I’ll support their right to do so all day, everyday. I think people are growing tired of the Antifa types though and they are about to be met with overwhelming force. Long overdue.

2020 orange level member

Like they say, when seconds matter, a cop is only

Posted: May 30, 2020 4:46 PM

minutes away. I've never called a cop and don't ever plan to. Thanks for the opportunity for introspection on that. I'd say that I've only met 3 (maybe 4 or 5) in my entire life that I would trust to carry my groceries. I think the difference between you and me is that I recognize that cops in a functioning society should be an accessory and not a prominent feature or thing to be admired or worshipped.

Agree that rioting and looting isn't the best way to go about doing things, but it would seem that the methods of kneeling at NFL games, making backhanded comments at music and movie awards shows and other forms of mild, innocuous activism don't seem to be working. If I were black and angry, I wouldn't feel like I had any other choice either.

I mean, if I knew that I was going to be roasted for my actions no matter what actions I took, I would at least try to get my money's worth.

When did I say anything about worshiping?

Posted: May 30, 2020 5:12 PM

“I think the difference between you and me is that I recognize that cops in a functioning society should be an accessory and not a prominent feature or thing to be admired or worshipped.”

I do respect the work they do...just like the military. They put their lives on the line on a daily basis and often die at the hands of some pretty worthless individuals.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-officers-shot-ambush-sitting-car-jersey/story?id=57101704

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/11/21/ambush-killings-of-police-officers-has-hit-a-10-year-high/

Did you shed a tear over any of those?

Just for the record and to be clear, I’ll say this once again. Floyd did not deserve to die for a fake $20 bill. Everyone agrees with that. From what I’ve seen so far, the coroner’s report says that it was not strangulation and he may have had some underlying health issue. I welcome the family’s announced hiring of the forensic pathologist to make an independent report as the truth needs to come out.

So we can agree that it was terrible and it didn’t need to happen. I guess where we’re different is I’m for due process for everyone and letting the truth come out so we don’t jump to conclusions. I’m also not willing to accept mantras that are not supported by any statistics nor am I willing to throw all cops under the bus for the actions of a few. I also believe that rioting and violence are never justified and the people that do that need to be dealt with severely.

2020 orange level member

The anarchist rioters have hijacked George Floyd’s death.

[1]
Posted: May 30, 2020 3:06 PM

Wether you like it or not. It is surprising you can’t admit it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Too true. It is amazing how no matter where an incident

[1]
Posted: May 30, 2020 7:19 PM

happens, there are almost immediately out of state agitators on the scene to stir up lawlessness. You would almost think they were preorganized, loaded on buses, and just waiting ahead of time. Rioting, Looting, and mass destruction of personal property will never lead to a solution to these problems.

The four policemen involved in the death of George Floyd should all be arrested and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. That would be an actual start. There is no "gray area" in the video evidence of his death. One policeman chokes him to death while the other three stand, watch, and listen. That clearly makes them accessories.

That does NOT give any idiot in any city in any country the right to act like an uncaged animal in response. Period.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 13  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: I have CFP jackets and vests. fully authentic. text me 864-372-6518

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ General Boards - Politics & Religion ]
Start New Topic
819 people have read this post