Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't get this "motion offense" thing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 798

I don't get this "motion offense" thing

Mar 6, 2013, 12:41 PM

- Take last night's game for instance ... to my eye when they were playing "loose", taking the ball to the hoop, getting it inside, things were going good ...

Then when the carefully choreographed "dance around the key" started, the usual sequence of events started

Now, I know you have to have structure, but if your outside shooting is not reliable, then maybe the motion "O" is less then optimal.

Well, its late ... only thing we got left is the tournament, maybe for the tournament, try something different, ain't got nothing to lose

I say, take it to hoop! Give to Booker! Booker draws defenders! Other guys as a result are open, Booker passes to one of the open guys (if he clearly does not have a shot), the other guys hit SHORT jumpers, other guys skirt in for an easy layup, KJ does the spectacular slam dunk, Jennings gets hot! Victory

Lastly, do more full court pressing, do it off and on throughout the game, see VCU Basketball

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

David St Hubbins says "Hi"***

Mar 6, 2013, 1:09 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Always do whatever's next. -cuda

Hard to get transition baskets when you cannot

Mar 6, 2013, 1:36 PM

press and trap due to a lack of depth. Have to save energy at some point. Motion offense allows us to do that, but with limited offensive options, we see what we saw last night. Book double and triple teamed and no one to make a play. Next year, if our bigs can at least rebound, we'll see more transition with an offense based on the perimeter and better depth. That will lead to easier baskets. Hopefully, better shooting leads to better half court offense. That's the hope anyway

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well put !! *****

Mar 6, 2013, 2:19 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 798
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic