Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am not a coach but if I were I would do everything possible to keep HJ
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,225

I am not a coach but if I were I would do everything possible to keep HJ

Nov 18, 2017, 2:27 PM

at Clemson. He throws a beautiful ball accurately. He has every time he gets playing time. IMO he should be KB’s backup. But I don’t see him everyday so I have to trust the coaches for now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Accurate passing is overrated. Coach’s prefer QBs that can win. ***

Nov 18, 2017, 2:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Accurate passing is overrated. Coach’s prefer QBs that can win. ***

Nov 18, 2017, 2:32 PM

Well he done that in HS, and we will never know if he can at the college level if he isn't give the chance!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TD pass to Higgins! But TDs are no way to win games.

Nov 18, 2017, 2:33 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 18, 2017, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Accurate passing is overrated. Coach’s prefer QBs that can win. *** ]

How do you know he not a winner??? He has not been given the chance especially at Syracuse. Zerrick Cooper could not get it done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2017, 2:36 PM

Really accurate passing is overrated????

Hard to say though in the limited time we’ve seen

Nov 18, 2017, 2:31 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hard to say though in the limited time we’ve seen

Nov 18, 2017, 2:37 PM

I not anti-KB at all, however HJ is the ONLY QB today that has not underthrow the deep ball.

Re: I am not a coach but if I were I would do everything possible to keep HJ

Nov 18, 2017, 2:37 PM

Clemson does not have an OL that can keep the pocket from collapsing against a good rushing defense. They can't use Hunter Johnson because he is a pure pocket passer, and the OL would need to hold the pocket together long enough for the receivers to get open. Of course they can against the Citadel, but it would be a different story against Auburn or UGA.

Nov 18, 2017, 2:42 PM

sarge 12,

Then why did we recruit him? If he does not fit our offensive schemes and our O line capabilities?? Why let his his talents go to waste on our sidelines.

Nov 18, 2017, 3:23 PM

I don't think that his will go to waste, his parents has a lot of money invested in him to be wasted on the side lines at any school. Honestly, I believe that our future QB will be at Clemson after signing day in Trevor Lawrence.

Nov 18, 2017, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I am not a coach but if I were I would do everything possible to keep HJ ]

Ahhh, HJ has an excellent set wheels on him that are fast and good enough to buy time. HJ is not a pure pocket passer, he can scramble!!!

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,225
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic