»
Topic: How will all these returners affect scholarships for 2021?
Replies: 7   Last Post: Jan 18, 2021, 1:07 PM by: Joe21®
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

How will all these returners affect scholarships for 2021?

Posted: Jan 18, 2021, 11:44 AM

Is there something in the NCAA's rules with this extra year of eligibility to address that? You get 5-10 guys who take advantage of their extra year that you thought would be gone this time a year ago, and boom, there goes your scholly balance.

There's GOT to be some fine print about that, right? Anybody know the specifics?

2021 white level member link

I could be wrong, but it seems like I read last fall........

[3]
Posted: Jan 18, 2021, 11:47 AM

when they announced the COVID extra year that they said returning players would not count against scholarship quotas - but I'm not positive about this.

link

No effect for one year.

[4]
Posted: Jan 18, 2021, 11:52 AM

per what I have read.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg link

Does that you mean you could sign 100 freshmen?

Posted: Jan 18, 2021, 11:58 AM

Obviously not, but are they going off your pre-COVID 'ship numbers? What determines how many ships you have for freshmen this year?

2021 white level member link

The guys taking an extra year don’t count

[1]
Posted: Jan 18, 2021, 12:00 PM

5th year or redshirt 6th year guys.

If Trevor had stayed I think he would have counted because it would be his 4th year.

2021 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg link

“When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”
John Maynard Keynes
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

No. It means any scholarship player that would have lost a

[1]
Posted: Jan 18, 2021, 12:01 PM

year of eligibility and therefore would not have had a scholarship in the next year, gets one extra year.

From what I have read.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg link

Similar Question!

Posted: Jan 18, 2021, 12:37 PM

I have read the responses so far for this question. And, they all seem to be about what I would expect.

My question is: "How will having all these players affect development"? We only have so many coaches! So much time! Everybody getting a shot at amenities and things within the program is usually taken care of with natural attrition via graduation or loss of eligibility.
Any worries that it will take a toll on getting everyone quality reps?

link

Re: How will all these returners affect scholarships for 2021?

Posted: Jan 18, 2021, 1:07 PM

I have heard conflicting reports how it will affect scholarship numbers but what I've been able to decipher is that it will not be a problem. Apparently, the coaches know how this is being handled and I've not heard or seen any evidence that would indicate their dissatisfaction with the NCAA plans. It does appear to require each school to maintain a complete record of each player who was on the 2020 rosters.

2021 orange level memberbadge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg link

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4 best seats in WZC, Sec 108, Front row splitting the goal post. We had first priority in picking ou...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1304 people have read this post