How long before Chad Morris gets fired

[1]
Posted: Oct 20, 2019 8:57 AM

They stink

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg

Re: How long before Chad Morris gets fired

[1]
Posted: Oct 20, 2019 9:03 AM

My guess is that they won't keep him around long enough to change the program. Hope he doesn't wind up at FSU; he could pose a threat with the athletes that they have.

keeping him around 10 years or more waiting for him

[1]
Posted: Oct 20, 2019 9:11 AM

to change the program might not be a good idea. He has a horrible coaching record and doesn't appear to be a leader. He will be a coordinator soon.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 9:07 AM

I think he gets 2 more seasons. I think he needs a couple more seasons. He walked into a tough situation and it takes time. I bet they are a little better next season.

2019 white level member

SMU got a whole lot better after Morris left***

[2]
Posted: Oct 20, 2019 9:08 AM

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: SMU got a whole lot better after Morris left***

[1]
Posted: Oct 20, 2019 9:25 AM

I noticed that myself. Undefeated SMU. Crazy.

2019 white level member

His record at SMU

[1]
Posted: Oct 20, 2019 9:31 AM

2-10, 5-7, 7-5. The program was a disaster before he arrived, and he turned it around.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Didn't Jerry Jones, Arkie's biggest booster

say Chad would get the full 4 years to flip the roster?

Fatboy had turned Arkansas into a slowassssed BIG 10 team. Arkansas wasn't loaded like what Willie took over @ FSU

when were they GOOD before he got there

I mean , I can't remember

null

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 9:34 AM

The kind of change he is making, from power run to spread.. I think they knew it would not be a 2 year rebuild. BB left them in shambles. I would think you would want to show some progress next year or seat could get hot... not win the west or anything.. just get out of the basement.

He has through at least next season

[1]
Posted: Oct 20, 2019 9:34 AM

I will assume they go winless in SEC play this year. So effectively they will be starting from the bottom.

Just needs to have a few victories over other bottom dwelling SEC teams next year to to keep his job.

Basing this on no personal knowledge and zero familiarity with the Arkansas fan base - I would think they continue to give him time since Arkansas has not been relevant since Jerry Jones played for them (and that was pre-SEC).

They are the SCAR or the West but without dellusion.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 10:40 AM

Chad is not a good head coach. He should be fired today. Keeping him on is dumb.

I’m not really sure what he’s done that should signal improvement.

[1]
Posted: Oct 20, 2019 10:59 AM

I keep reading about what a bad situation he stepped into and how he deserves time to install his system, but if I were an Arkansas fan I would still expect to see some flashes of success or signs of improvement. I haven’t really seen that there, unless you want to hang your hat on what seems to be improved recruiting.

The reality is that Chad has yet to beat a power 5 team as a head coach. That goes for his time at SMU as well as at Arkansas thus far. What has he done as a head coach to suggest that he knows what he’s doing? I just don’t see it.

I hope he turns things around, but as you said, they are a bad team. I’m not sure he will be there beyond this season unless they show some real progress the last half of the season.

2019 white level member

Chad is the 2nd worst HC in power 5 football

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 11:02 AM

Taggart is 1st.

Replies: 13  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Wake Forest
FOR SALE: 4 tickets in section UN row Z. These seats are under overhand, so totally dry. I also have a lot 1...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1265 people have read this post