Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here is how I see our offense going at them.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,018

Here is how I see our offense going at them.

Nov 24, 2017, 7:06 AM

We'll run and run and run to keep the ball away and wear them out. When their safeties start drifting toward the LOS (and they will) KB will hit WRs, TE and RBs in stride deep down the middle just to keep the secondary soft for our running game.

KB's arm is deadly when a receiver is stationary or moving away with a slight change in horizontal angle but he still seems to struggle a bit with quick horizontal routes. We'll see a few balls go over the heads and down field from the receivers but some will be within reach of our guys deep down the sidelines and I believe they will be a good hands crew this game.

IDK what's happening to our back shoulder pass lately. Perhaps we haven't used that page of the playbook much. I'd like to see a few of those if we can coax the safeties toward the middle of the field chasing rabbits.

If SC's defense plays above their abilities we'll see KB take to the highway a couple times and break their hearts with first down runs. All in all I doubt there are many defense that can hold up to the pressure our offense will show tomorrow. I'm looking for a true three ring circus in SC's defensive backfield, high flying trapeze artist WRs, beast of burden RBs and a ring master of a quarterback.

Nothing would make me happier than to have a curtain-call time out or two except having our pistol packing second string QB (HJ) come in and run any remnants of their remaining fans out of the stands.

Let go collect the dammmmed rent.

Chicken is the main course on the buffet and...

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is how I see our offense going at them.

Nov 24, 2017, 7:34 AM

I expect the coots will sell out to stop the runny loading the box. Much like NCSU game I expect us to use our passing game to open up the run

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course they will.

Nov 24, 2017, 7:53 AM

It's natural and normal to pack it in to stop a team that runs the ball as well as Clemson. Unless they bring their safeties to help fill gaps it won't help. UGA rushed for about 250yds on them and UGA is fairly one dimensional (that's why AU bounced their butts off the scoreboard).

Our rushing game is complemented by a fairly efficient passing attack. USuCk D won't know whether to chit or go blind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed i see it playing it out very similar to ncsu

Nov 24, 2017, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Here is how I see our offense going at them. ]

i think wonnum is actually pretty good, rest are placeholders for the next 3*

multiple short runs before eventually they stop stacking, will longterm open up bigger runs starting with kb

Nov 24, 2017, 7:42 AM

^^^early candidate potd

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2017, 8:39 AM

Don’t want to be a Debbie downer or negative Nancy but what you say is exactly what SHOULD happen but I haven’t seen this happen since September.

I think the D will have to give us some good field position but that’s something ususck has been pretty decent at doing this year and something I think you’ll see them do is shorten the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2017, 8:50 AM

We've suffered some damaging injuries. KB's ankle was the most damaging to our offense. Several players were injured on defense and most were kept off the field longer than they really needed to be to season some of the younger guys.

As a team we are nearing 100%. Couple that with the increased experience of our younger skilled players and backups to our D linemen and we are better than we've been all season. I predict a 42-12 game because I believe HJ will spend more plays working on his option than passing and our defense will continue to substitute liberally to get everyone ready for the long haul and thereby give up some late yardage resulting in a couple or few field goals for USuCk.

Well, maybe that's a dream but it's that time of the year for Tiger Fans. :)

Nov 24, 2017, 9:04 AM

Oh don’t get me wrong, I love the Dream too and have all the confidence in our D. Obviously we’ve been building towards our November run all year. Think I totally agreed with what you said in the original post.

Just won’t be convinced that KB is back until I see it. He wasn’t that sharp last week either but it was The Citadel . Fla St game we scored some points but all on 20-40 yrd drives.

I’m really hoping we can get a couple short fields real early... then blow it wide open.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2017, 9:06 AM

Sounds like a solid plan and I sure hope we get great results if we use it. I trust our coaches to know what plan to tun and our players to execute it.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KBs problem is he floats his balls

Nov 24, 2017, 9:24 AM

Gets way too much air under them. That is a killer on screen plays when you need to get the ball out quickly. Ball hangs in the air too long on his deep ball as well. If he ever adjusts that, watch out!

Re: KBs problem is he floats his balls

Nov 24, 2017, 10:16 AM

Yep. I’d like to see him roll out more and chunk it. He seems to throw it better when he does. If ZC ever got his accuracy consistent and timing right, he’d be killer on the screens. He can chunk it.

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,018
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic