Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Guys, i know EBO being gone sucks but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Guys, i know EBO being gone sucks but

May 19, 2015, 11:29 AM

this is why we recruit like we do...I mean I thought he looked good in the spring game but we have recruited well on the DL and I fully anticipate one of these younger guys to step up and make a splash now...we are fine. Hate to lose him for sure but losing EBO doesn't drop our Def down like some are acting...we still have a dominant secondary and we all know they go hand in hand. A great secondary helps the DL and the other way around...in the past we had great DLs but not so great secondaries so we will be fine...still ALOT of talent at the end positions, someone is just gonna have to grow up and contribute a little quicker.

Honestly Dodd was going to prob be the starter anyways so its not like we are losing one of the key playmakers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's Dabo's #### on the line.

May 19, 2015, 11:36 AM

If he thinks this is best for the team, I support him.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: It's Dabo's #### on the line.

May 19, 2015, 11:42 AM

Exactly, I mean I doubt it was over nothing...the coaches know what they are doing...ppl were upset about the whole Kelly deal and how it was handled because it put us in a bind last year but look where we will be this year because of it...Watson is ready now. And we have plenty of talent there to fill that gap.

Its one of those things and I respect Dabo and this staff for running this program like they do, its one of the things we all love about Clemson...if you are not on board see ya.

Re: It's Dabo's #### on the line.

May 19, 2015, 11:51 AM

I agree with Dabo. Keep your nose clean or hit the road Jack.

it is a huge loss

May 19, 2015, 12:44 PM

He was clearly the #3 de and was cross-training to relieve Lawson and Dodd. We are very, very weak at de in terms of quality or experienced depth. No one has any idea if these other young players are going to perform but I assure you BV is none too happy. Our secondary is not going to be elite, although Mack clearly is and Kearse has the potential to be great. Our LBs will drop off noticeably from last year so to think the loss of our third best de is not significant is irrational.

I believe BV to be one of the best DCs in the country but he really has his back to the wall this year. That doesn't mean his dismissal is not warranted or supported but the offense better be really, really good this year. R

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The sky is falling, the sky is falling

May 19, 2015, 12:49 PM

are you a coot or just a chicken little?

Re: The sky is falling, the sky is falling

May 19, 2015, 2:20 PM

Are you an idiot or just an idiot?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2001***

May 19, 2015, 12:57 PM [ in reply to it is a huge loss ]

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

It is a big loss but

May 19, 2015, 1:03 PM [ in reply to it is a huge loss ]

our secondary is exceptional, the strength of the defense. Experience/depth will hurt. Gotta have rules though.

Bull... sorry, but I disagree. The secondary will be fine

May 19, 2015, 1:05 PM [ in reply to it is a huge loss ]

and are projected as one of the best in the ACC. Boulware and Goodson had plenty of snaps last year and there's a bunch of guys waiting their chance. Reader, Watson and Lawson had plenty of time, also... It's not good to lose a guy at a position like DE that's somewhat lacking in experience but there are several options to make it work. Venables/Brooks/Hobby/Reed... they'll handle it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bull back at ya

May 19, 2015, 2:29 PM

We have very, very little depth with any PROVEN capabilities. You guys act like losing 80% of our production on the defense and losing our number three DE is not an issue. It is a big loss and you don't just overcome it because we have "talent" or great coaches. Keep in mind, all the GREAT players that had us #1 in the country last year did not create a dominating defense the year before. It takes good players, coaches and experience - we lack the latter this year. That is the point I was trying to make and yet the village idiots that rule Tigernet are saying it doesn't matter. We shall see.

Re: bull back at ya

May 19, 2015, 2:53 PM

I love how you are ptting everything on the word "proven". Proven doesn't mean squat once they hit the playing field...Mackenzie at one time wasn't proven....Watson at one time wasn't proven (as he stepped on the field for the first time vs UGA)...Sammy at one time wasn't proven. You're just speculating until we see it. Doesn't mean that they are incapable. Have some faith.

We have a pretty good idea how every position

May 19, 2015, 1:09 PM [ in reply to it is a huge loss ]

was going to play out since we've seen these guys play.

The only blind spot was SSDE. We have zero idea how this position will play out. We're going to be relying on True Freshman to fill the #2 spot now.

Blind Faith....only in religion and college football.

Venables is not "blind faith".... not hardly.***

May 19, 2015, 1:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nope, he's not. i like our chances with our 3, front seven

May 19, 2015, 1:14 PM

coaches, but their jobs just got harder.

maybe that's why they're paid the big bucks?

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huh? Our secondary is very good...

May 19, 2015, 1:18 PM [ in reply to it is a huge loss ]

I mean not many college teams have ELITE secondaries...its hard to have all of those guys at that level but this is one of the best secondaries we have had here in a while and that takes the pressure off of the Dline for sure...and I think you are off on the LBs as well...yea Anthony is a huge loss but IMO I think we will be more athletic this year...BB is a beast and we have PLENTY of talent on LB...Steward was a very good LB but injuries kept him from living up to the hype...we have LBs that can easily step in his role...all I have been hearing is Register could be the next great one so just hope he moves along a little quicker.

I never said it didn't matter I was just making a point that we have plenty of talent there and I think some of these younger guys will prove that this year...secondary is very very good and LBs IMO will be pretty good as well.

Re: Huh? Our secondary is very good...

May 19, 2015, 2:34 PM

Secondary will be decent but not great or top 20. Hopefully Fields is as real a deal as Mack and if so, then we have a shot at being very very good.
We lack experience / depth everywhere on defense. BB is a quality lb but is not Anthony athletically. Stewart brought exceptional athleticism to the position as well as experience.
This year's defense is in no way the caliber of last year's. You have to understand talent is wonderful but experience is huge, which we are low on.

Re: Huh? Our secondary is very good...

May 19, 2015, 3:10 PM

Can I be honest and say you seem like the type of person that expects #1 or you think we suck?

Interesting how you look at our defense this past year and the year prior. You state they weren't a dominating defense the year before...sitting at #24 in the country in total defense...that's just so abysmal...
http://www.cfbstats.com/2013/leader/national/team/defense/split01/category10/sort01.html

Re: it is a huge loss

May 19, 2015, 2:40 PM [ in reply to it is a huge loss ]

please do not come here and make rational thoughts and especially ones that are not positive.

Rational?***

May 19, 2015, 2:51 PM

Re: it is a huge loss

May 19, 2015, 2:48 PM [ in reply to it is a huge loss ]

you mean like this drop off of a LB?
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/clemson/2014/12/30/flashback-clemsons-ben-boulware-rediscovered-inner-return-man-romp/21052791/

Just saying....

How good was the 2012 defense?

May 19, 2015, 3:29 PM

Not at all.

12-2 that year. This offense could be better than that one.

It's a shame we lose a pass rusher b/c teams will be throwing it alot when they find themselves down 21 in the first half.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How good was the 2012 defense?

May 19, 2015, 3:35 PM

I agree with what you are saying but we haven't won 12 games since 81.
Just saying

I understand the concerns; however, my attitude (and I'm

May 19, 2015, 3:41 PM

certain you'd agree) is if Dabo Swinney believes a man to be detrimental to our team and takes the extreme step of dismissal, then that's good enough for me...despite concerns about position losses.

In fact were we to face a grab bag full of serious problems with personnel which result in despicable losses of integrity, I'd shut the program down. With Coach Swinney at the helm I don't believe we'll ever have to cross that line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic