»
Topic: Great D by the Tigers BB team BUT....
Replies: 12   Last Post: Nov 27, 2020, 10:23 AM by: 74TIGER
[ Tiger Boards - Basketball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 12  

Great D by the Tigers BB team BUT....

Posted: Nov 27, 2020, 8:04 AM

how does a D1 basketball team shoot like 5-7 AIRBALLS from 3 point range like they did vs. Purdue?

If you can't hit the rim on a miss you likely should have made a pass to someone that can.

Re: Great D by the Tigers BB team BUT....

Posted: Nov 27, 2020, 8:08 AM

Hunter Tyson drains a 3 then shoots 3 airballs. You'd think we could have practiced shooting in 8 months. Lol

We certainly did appear to be feast or famine from trey last

[1]
Posted: Nov 27, 2020, 8:10 AM

night.

Either we made it, or the ball did not come down in the same zip code as the rim. Some truly uglee misses, to be sure. But, liked what I saw overall. Team plays tough D, and at least does not appear to be afraid to shoot like some past teams.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Nov 27, 2020, 8:16 AM

We have seldom had consistent 3 point shooters,but you need to launch them when you have the chance.I have also seen Clemson make to many passes trying to get an open jump shot.

[1]
Posted: Nov 27, 2020, 8:24 AM

As good as we looked, you are complaining about this? Smh

Most teams will put up a few air balls during a game. Also it’s still way early in the season. It will get better.

Posted: Nov 27, 2020, 8:47 AM

Gripers gonna gripe.

[1]
Posted: Nov 27, 2020, 9:06 AM

We kill a Purdue team that had a huge size advantage and people are complaining about missing some shots. When will this stupidly ever end with our basketball program. If Trevor over throws a couple receivers, do you get on TigerNet and say he should be replaced. This team is fun to watch and I think they will have a good season.

Posted: Nov 27, 2020, 9:11 AM

They shot 49% from the field and made almost all of their foul shots. Let’s not complain.

Posted: Nov 27, 2020, 9:22 AM

Lighten up Francis. Inconsistency in shooting is a fair critique. No reason to be apoplectic. Lol

Well, we shot 49% from the field last night.

[2]
Posted: Nov 27, 2020, 9:13 AM

I’ll take that all day.

You don’t get points for “good misses.”

2021 white level member

Brad Brownell: all-time winningest coach in Clemson men's basketball history, and only coach to beat North Carolina in Chapel Hill.

Re: Well, we shot 49% from the field last night.

[2]
Posted: Nov 27, 2020, 9:19 AM

49% from the field and making free throws gives you a chance to win a lot of games. I think this Clemson team is picked to finish around 8 or 9. I said they would finish top 5 in the ACC and I’m now even more convinced.

Welcome to basketball 2020! This was a great win for us

[1]
Posted: Nov 27, 2020, 9:33 AM

no doubt, but in todays world where offense means only two things: shooting the 3 or driving to the basket, you're likely to get a lot of ugly, even if you win.

2021 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Posted: Nov 27, 2020, 10:23 AM

yeah that is perplexing. our shot clock violation we misseed the rim on 2 straight 3's and had the clock freeze to mess us up. When you are relatively open for a catch and shoot you should at least be able to hit the rim.

nullbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg

Replies: 12  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: When is IPTAY due , I don’t want to forget this coming year. Th...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Basketball ]
Start New Topic
1389 people have read this post