Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Former Ohio St QB Tate Martell will transfer to Miami
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,867

Former Ohio St QB Tate Martell will transfer to Miami

Jan 16, 2019, 7:20 AM

Per Twitter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Former Ohio St QB Tate Martell will transfer to Miami

Jan 16, 2019, 7:28 AM

Good fit. I thought Jalen Hurts might end up there, but I assume Martell was promised that that wouldn’t happen.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 7:50 AM

Hurts will probably end up at Miami also. Hurts will be a senior last year of eligibility and Martell will have to sit one year so it works out great for both.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tate Martell HAD TO witness the urban lying

Jan 16, 2019, 8:43 AM

Scandal and backlash. He doesn't feel safe at OSU and HAS to transfer. Hardship granted.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 16, 2019, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Former Ohio St QB Tate Martell will transfer to Miami ]

Although the OC went there from BAMA and it was said that he was responsible for Hurts passing progression, I heard later that Hurts does not like him at all.

Miami should’ve taken Hurts

Jan 16, 2019, 7:40 AM

If you’ve watched the first season of that Netflix doc, kid is a total ######. Which I guess should be expected when your name is Tathan. Couple a bad personality with being tiny, and he’s not going to have much impact.

Agree on all points***

Jan 16, 2019, 8:47 AM

Agreed. Locker room cancer!***

Jan 16, 2019, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Miami should’ve taken Hurts ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Miami should’ve taken Hurts

Jan 16, 2019, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Miami should’ve taken Hurts ]

what’s the name of the show on Netflix?

Called QB1

Jan 16, 2019, 10:02 AM

1st season is Martell, Fromm, and a kid who went to Wake. 2nd season is Fields, Hartman the Wake QB from this year, and a guy who loses his job to DJU halfway through the year. Pretty good if you’re looking for a new show.

Jan 16, 2019, 8:35 AM

TM leaving makes you wonder when he should be the heir apparent at OH St. If Fields doesnt get the waiver the Buckeyes may not have any experience at qb. Drama, drama

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 8:40 AM

And even if Fields does get the waiver there's no guarantee he's going to step into an entirely new system and team and be an impact player. Guy could hardly get on the field at UGA.

That is true but

Jan 16, 2019, 9:00 AM

Fromm is really good so i was never surprised by the lack of playing time for Fields. I never expected him to beat out Fromm as a true freshman or even next year as a sophomore. That was why it was so surprising he chose Georgia to begin with.

The Georgia staff really mismanaged Fields. It was like they were trying to placate him by giving him some meaningful, non-garbage-time snaps, but they would literally never let him throw in those situations. They just put him in there to run read option, QB draw, etc and everyone knew what was coming. Then they would pull him off the field and put Fromm back in there for 2nd and 9 or 10. It was a disaster.

By the end of the season it seemed like Fields was kind of broken. I think a fresh start is exactly what he needs. It still seems a little comical that some scouts were completely convinced that he was better than Trevor Lawrence, but, even if he's not quite on that level, you know he still has a lot of talent and potential. If he didn't he would've never been in those conversations last year.

Re: That is true but

Jan 16, 2019, 9:29 AM

I strongly agree with most that you said, but I think the verdict is still out on Fields. Until I see him consistently be able to throw the deep ball, he is just an average QB that is too one dimensional against any team that has a decent D. UGA screwed him over big time, and they quickly saw that they had recruited a bust. I see him going to OSU possibly, where he will fail repeatedly. He will go down in history as the biggest bust at the QB position IMO.

Yeah I'm just saying i think the talent and potential are

Jan 16, 2019, 9:36 AM

there. He still has to develop and actually become that player. He has all of the physical tools though and he showed that he can throw the ball at an elite level at the camps, but doing it at camps and doing it in real games are two entirely different things. The areas that are tough to scout are how well a guy is going to be able to learn an offense, process the game, make the right checks and reads on the field, take hits, handle pressure, etc.

Jan 16, 2019, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Former Ohio St QB Tate Martell will transfer to Miami ]

delusional OSU fans now think Fields is their saviour

Jan 16, 2019, 8:44 AM

He sucks.

I'm not real big on Martell

Jan 16, 2019, 8:47 AM

From a performance or character point of view.

Ha! I guess that "100% I'm the Ohio State starter if Haskins

Jan 16, 2019, 9:18 AM

turns pro" didn't last very long when Fields transferred in. This transfer rule is crap. We now have a musical chairs situation at quarterback at a bunch of schools. Someone will now be transferring out of Miami, if they have not already. And on, and on, and on......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know it's only going to get worse but this QB transfer

Jan 16, 2019, 9:49 AM

trend is getting bad.

Martell crossed?

Jan 16, 2019, 10:34 AM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,867
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic