Topic: For those of you on here who like to demonize and blame young people
Replies: 9   Last Post: Aug 11, 2020 7:59 AM by: Tropical
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

For those of you on here who like to demonize and blame young people

emoji_events [8]
Posted: Aug 10, 2020 9:05 PM

For everything wrong with the world (You know who you are).

What do you think About this drive to save the college football season being led almost exclusively by 18-22 year olds while the 50-somethings plus in charge have basically sat on their hands and kicked the can down the road to infinity?

Re: For those of you on here who like to demonize and blame young people

[1]
Posted: Aug 10, 2020 9:35 PM

Well I would say I would expect 18-22 year old football players to take an interest in saving the football season.

[2]
Posted: Aug 10, 2020 9:41 PM

It's called M-O-N-E-Y. The 50 somethings got it. The 18-20s want it.

[4]
Posted: Aug 10, 2020 10:06 PM

I do my part. I vote Republican. Its the Dems trying to shut down everything.

Posted: Aug 10, 2020 10:44 PM

https://youtu.be/1ncAUFgTDq8

I'd say this graph probably tells a lot of the story...

[1]
Posted: Aug 10, 2020 10:53 PM

You don't actually believe that to be real, do you...?

[1]
Posted: Aug 11, 2020 2:24 AM

I didn't bother with sorting the age groups, but from 7/25-8/1 there were over 300 deaths in SC alone.

That graph is total BS.

2020 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

My young, great Friend, I just turned 73 last

emoji_events [5]
Posted: Aug 11, 2020 7:03 AM

Wednesday, and frankly, I actually blame my own age group for the abysmal lack of leadership in our nation.

If I had my way, I'd put all of them...and I mean ALL of them out to pasture...and let our next generation take the leadership reins, while praying they do better.

Our present leadership across all the spectra of our lives has been practicing politics rather than statesmanship. Hence, I am embarrassed and insulted that our younger generations are having to endure this inexcusable failure for the American people.

My prejudice is not political: I roundly despise all of those currently in power...the Trumps, Bidens, Pelosis, McConnells, Schumers, Faucis, Gates etc., etc., etc....all of them, and rue the fact that both political parties failed to present better options for our people, while those in the medical, scientific and technological fields have engaged in politics (in my opinion.)

Message was edited by: hartins®

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Pretty obtuse

[2]
Posted: Aug 11, 2020 7:38 AM

The 50yr olds will get sued
Trevor will not
Tne media will turn on the 50 yr old
The media will just say trevor was a young, naive kid just trying to play football. It eqad up to the 50yr olds to do the right thing.

It is easy to talk when you have no accountability... that is why we have so many ESPN experts. Talk is cheap.

2020 white level member

TU with a caveat. Both perspectives have merit. Every ...

Posted: Aug 11, 2020 7:59 AM

individual has a different risk tolerance that should be respected. It’s inappropriate and likely ineffective to try to force a change in risk tolerance upon a person. Advocating in a calm, rationale mode will be more productive.

As a 60 year old Boomer, I say let them play with absolutely the best precautions. I have suggested for several months this is the safest option for the players. I also recognize that there’s increased risk for coaches and support personnel _ but these folks are getting paid.

Conditions may change and require reassessment. For now, SPOT the BALL.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Virginia
FOR SALE: 2 LOWER DECK TICKETS FOR THE VIRGINIA GAME - SECTION B ROW MM - $200 EACH OBO - CALL OR TEXT

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1141 people have read this post