Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football talk. Come in peace
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Football talk. Come in peace

Oct 23, 2017, 9:20 AM

Hey guys. Hope all is well. Do you all see a rematch in the conference title game? I hope you guys destroy NC state and FSU. Hope we can get by miami and not stumble the week after at GT. Always hate playing them after a big game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football talk. Come in peace

Oct 23, 2017, 9:22 AM

I think Virginia Tech can beat Miami. They’ve been scraping by most of the year and that will eventually catch up to them.

Personally I would want to see Miami get in just because it’s hard to beat a team twice in one year

Oct 23, 2017, 9:24 AM

yeah, i agree on miami and also on beating same team twice. I still believe Clemson and VT are the face of the ACC right now. I think Miami is a fraud that is getting love because who they are....just like every other year.

I also hope that Auburn or SC beats UGA because you know they will want to put 2 in the playoff from SEC if at all possible.

Auburn can beat UGA because they can throw & in Auburn.

Oct 23, 2017, 12:29 PM

SCAR defense has no chance of stopping UGA running game and UGA d-line will decimate SCAR o-line.

Re: Auburn can beat UGA because they can throw & in Auburn.

Oct 23, 2017, 1:07 PM

you may be right about UGA run game, but the SC defense has been playing well even with subpar offense by the gamecocks. Skai moore being back this year has been huge for them.

I think the better question is....

Oct 23, 2017, 9:23 AM

do Hokie fans really want a rematch with Clemson.

I don't think you do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I think the better question is....

Oct 23, 2017, 9:25 AM

i do want a rematch. I believe the coaches will be able to see where they messed up in playcalling the first matchup. Not saying we would win against yall the rematch, but I still want to see it. To be the best, you got to beat the best

Oct 23, 2017, 9:37 AM

After last week I can see why Tech would want a rematch. I think we would be favored because lets face it for us to win the conference we would be on a pretty good roll but then again tech would be on a good roll. You guys finish with 3 games on the road and all three of those teams have played well enough at times to beat Tech. I am not saying they will but it is possible. I think out of our 3 left in our division the good thing for us is 2 are at home. The state game will be a battle and I am just hoping it is a defensive battle and not a shoot out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2017, 9:43 AM

yeah, road is always tough, but at virginia is gonna be close to a 70-30 VT crowd. Virginia is fools gold and it showed against BC. we got vs duke, at miami, at gt, vs pitt, and at uva

If...

Oct 23, 2017, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: I think the better question is.... ]

Clemson can get past GT and NC State and VT can pick-up road wins at at Miami or GT, you will get your wish.

Still a lot of football to play first.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: If...

Oct 23, 2017, 9:51 AM

yeah. gotta play if sometimes to get through the week. lol. a lot of football to be played.

^^^reminds me of Vandy wanting Bama***

Oct 23, 2017, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: I think the better question is.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^reminds me of Vandy wanting Bama***

Oct 23, 2017, 10:00 AM

not quite. nowhere near comparison

Re: Football talk. Come in peace-tough to say now but

Oct 23, 2017, 9:41 AM

congrats on what you did to UNC. I saw a good bit of that and it was fun to see them pummeled

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football talk. Come in peace-tough to say now but

Oct 23, 2017, 9:44 AM

thanks, i was hoping Fuente would leave the starters in and score at least 80 on them. took offensive starters out with 8:20 left in 3rd.

VT and CU are the two best teams but the best teams don’t always win ((see last Friday as an example)

Oct 23, 2017, 9:45 AM

yeah. spot on with that. even at home, i am kind of worried about the lowly blue devils this weekend because next week is miami. young team may would overlook to next week. hope not, but never know what can happen. why college football is so good

Right now I'm only concerned with GT....

The last time we played, well, everyone knows. Until I see this team come out and prove the Syracuse game was a "weird night", I will feel some unrest. We have looked dominant at times and "###" at times. I know we have the players and the coaches to be an elite team this year. But until I see it on a routine basis, I will not overlook any opponent.

I think you guys will take care of Duke, but I'm afraid you may drop either the Miami or GT game since they are both on the road. The only constant I know about college football is that it is hard to win a lot of games. Do the Hokies have the talent to win out and get to Charlotte? Definitely. Will they, who knows. Heck, weird weather or ball bounces and it could be NCST playing GT or Miami in ACCCG. I bet they may actually sell like 30K tickets for one of those games.

Personally, if Clemson can run the table, I'd rather play an undefeated Miami to improve our chances of getting in the playoff in case there are several 1-loss contenders. Nothing against VT, just looking out for Clemson first.

Re: Right now I'm only concerned with GT....

Oct 23, 2017, 9:47 AM

definitely hope the best for your team first. i see what you mean for playoff stuff, but if either clemson or VT win out, the ACC will be in playoff. meat of the schedule now for sure. November 4th is a loaded day of good games.

Now, one way I would love to play VT in Charlotte is if

Oct 23, 2017, 9:51 AM

you guys throttle Miami. Then Miami turns around and beats ND by 10+. If VT can climb up in to the Top 10 with winning out, then I'm all for the rematch.

I agree that Clemson and VT are the best teams in the ACC, and I have a lot of respect for your program and love Fuente as HC.

Oct 23, 2017, 9:42 AM

I think you guys beat Miami and I think we win out to set up the rematch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you getting a little ahead of the chains?

Oct 23, 2017, 9:46 AM

Hokies aren't even half way through their ACC schedule yet. Further, we're both sitting in second place with no room for error. Your two toughest games are on the road. Our starting QB is a question mark and we don't have a reliable FG kicker. It's more likely than not than one of us stumbles, but good luck with the rest of your games. Personally, I've got nothing but respect for your program and school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Are you getting a little ahead of the chains?

Oct 23, 2017, 9:48 AM

agree. hell, our kicker that has been so dependable over the years seems like he lost all his knowhow on how to kick a fg through the posts. seems to be worrying about weight room over accuracy. hope he gets it together though. missed another one saturday.

Oct 23, 2017, 10:04 AM

Assuming both teams play to their potential every game I see a rematch in Charlotte, but that isn't always the case with 18-22 year olds and upsets happen.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Oct 23, 2017, 10:35 AM

yep. never know if they will keep composure and such. also injuries happen and never know. but if everyone is healthy and play to potential, i see a rematch

Oct 23, 2017, 10:45 AM

Miami has been REALLY lucky but they have made plays when they have to

another one this past weekend

but they are not playing at home so I give VT the edge

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2017, 10:48 AM

yeah, VT is playing in miami at the aluminum jungle. will be a less than hostile crowd.

We need ND to beat NCSU and y'all need to beat Miami

Oct 23, 2017, 1:15 PM

As long as those things happen, we good.

hth

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic