Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Clemson looks to continue tradition of high-round D-linemen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,692

Football Player Update: Clemson looks to continue tradition of high-round D-linemen

Mar 4, 2012, 12:45 PM

Clemson looks to continue tradition of high-round D-linemen

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reading stories like this actually upset me just a bit.

Mar 4, 2012, 12:55 PM

Just imagine what a better defensive scheme last season could've accomplished with clutch players like Branch, Thompson, and Sensabaugh.

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Re: Reading stories like this actually upset me just a bit.

Mar 4, 2012, 1:05 PM

Scheme doesn't help when the other team is better conditioned, especially in the trenches. Scheme won't get the fat off our linemen or put muscle on our dbs. But dabo the great doesn't think we have a problem. Of course, he thinks 70-33 is no big deal either. Or losing every year to usuck.

If I were a coach who kept getting my butt whipped by my rival, I'd take a look at what they were doing; try to eliminate whatever advantages they had. dabo just makes speeches. He thinks if he says the words "tough and physical" over and over, that his team will magically become alabama. And all the while, Clemson football sinks to depths it has not seen in nearly half a century. You wanna know the reason alabama is so "tough and physical?" Their coach is a mean son of a #####. Ours is pee wee herman.

"Sinks to depths it hasn't seen in nearly half a century" ?!

Mar 4, 2012, 4:18 PM

Did I miss something. Didn't we just win the ACC championship for the first time in 20 years or something like that. People like you give Clemson fans a bad name. Our strength and conditioning is not the problem. Batson is one of the most respected in the industry.

If you really want to know why our players are perceived as not tough or whatever you want to call it, just look at the type of players we get. The type of person that usually wants to come to clemson and play football on a full scholarship is more than likely going to be a little different than the type of player that wants to play at schools like Alabama and South Carolina. Not saying that this is a bad thing it just the facts. We get Football players that actually put the time in to look at a school and what it has to offer. Want to know why Clemson's football players are rarely in the news for doing bad things...exactly the reason I stated before. Clemson attracts a different type of student athlete.

Why don't you go pull for Bama then???

Mar 4, 2012, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Reading stories like this actually upset me just a bit. ]

We really won't miss you!!

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,692
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic