Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does any of you guys use the no contract method with your cell phones?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Does any of you guys use the no contract method with your cell phones?

Feb 19, 2018, 11:04 PM

Trying to find a good alternative for Verizon, at&t, etc. looking for good quality cell service but without the contract and high prices.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does any of you guys use the no contract method with your cell phones?

Feb 19, 2018, 11:11 PM

I despised Verizon and switched to TMobile. My bill went from 195 (that was with a 20% employer discount) to 128. No contract.

In cities it works just fine. Coverage is definitely sketchier in the sticks.

I have been with Consumer Cellular for five years.

Feb 19, 2018, 11:18 PM

They operate on AT&T network, no contract, I have three phones on my plan, unlimited talk and test, with 5 Gb of data, for $82 per month, tax and all. You can get phones from them, or just get their sim card and put it in your own phone.

I have been very pleased with their customer service, also. They speak English.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2018, 12:21 AM

You should check out Republic Wireless .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2018, 10:12 AM

I and my family have been on Rebublic Wireless for four years (four phones). No contract. I use mine mainly for texting with the grandkids. Unlimited use for $18.00 per month. We live on the edge of the sticks and service is OK most of the time...Perfect in town. There is not a bettter deal that I know of.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we do the straightalk iphones, works fine

Feb 20, 2018, 12:28 AM

have 2, about $100/mo after tax

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do

Feb 20, 2018, 2:36 AM

I'm currently using Ting for phone service. Prices are based on what and how much you use. They operate on the Sprint network, which for me works fine. My bill is usually $35-40/month, no contract.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2018, 7:42 AM

If the Sprint network has coverage for you, Boost has the best deal. $45 for unlimited data, slowed to 3G after 20 GB or so except for streaming, 10 GB hotspot. Phone contracts are a scam.

Pageplus or Simple Mobile.

Feb 20, 2018, 8:11 AM

You won't go wrong with either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T-Mobile senior plan

Feb 20, 2018, 8:24 AM

2 lines $60 total

No contract

55 and older

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2018, 8:53 AM

We use cricket for ours. Bill is $70 after all fees and tax for 2 phones, unlimited talk and text, and 5GB each of wireless data.

Cricket uses the AT&T network so as long as you have AT&T signal where you live you will be fine. I have heard some people complain about network issues but we have never had any.

The only real negative with pay as you go contracts like these are the cost of the phones. You don't get the big discounts on phones for signing a year long contract. If you just have to have the newest I-Phone then expect to pay $600-$700 for it. If you don't care about the newest phone on the market then there are good alternatives for less than $100.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2018, 9:28 AM

I'll say again, you should at least check out Republic Wireless..not trying to sell anything . I have one phone, somewhere around $23--$25 per month and no contract. It works off of the web or towers. If I can use it in the hills of Vermont , it must be a pretty good system . I learned about it years ago now when my son was at Clemson and he continues to use it now ( an engineer). Good luck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PAGEPLUS all the way!!!!

Feb 20, 2018, 10:14 AM

40 bucks unlimited all. Verizon Towers and Signal. I never drop calls from the mountains to the lakes. Its bring your own phone and bring your own phone number too. No hassell I have had them for years.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2018, 10:15 AM

bought my phone used off amazon and have a no contract account with sprint

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2018, 11:06 AM

Check out the T-Mobile coverage maps and ask around. Then go to MintSim.com. They buy wholesale time from T-Mobile. You can get unlimited calls and texts, plus 2GB data for $15 per month. More data plans are available, if you stream video. I left Verizon long ago, and now ditching AT&T. You will need to buy a compatible GSM phone, but I buy all my unlocked phones new on various web sites. Porting an existing number over to MintSim is very easy. Just make sure you know your Verizon account # and the account pin #.

Feb 20, 2018, 11:17 AM

T-Mobile Senior plan

2 lines unlimited call text and data

$60.00 per month no contract

Account holder must be 55 or older

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic