Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you think TL breaks the single season TD record...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,512

Do you think TL breaks the single season TD record...

Feb 19, 2019, 2:10 PM

before he leaves Clemson? The record is 58. Only 6 players have gone over 50. I think he goes over 50 this year and next year. Clemson may play 15 games. Seems he could go over 60 possibly.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/leaders/pass-td-player-season.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No

Feb 19, 2019, 2:14 PM

He likely won't play much time during the 4th quarter this year and thus won't be able to pad his stats. Our RBs are also likely to score a ton of points over the next couple of years due to the strength of the OL being run-blocking.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Do you think TL breaks the single season TD record...

Feb 19, 2019, 2:18 PM

No. This is because we don't need him to score 58 TDs. If our defense was shaky or we didn't have a heavy dose of ETN and Feaster in the backfield then yes. Absolutely he's talented enough and has the weapons to make it happen but I would definitely bet money that he didn't instead of that he does.

Probably not. Two of the guys in front of him averaged

Feb 19, 2019, 2:47 PM

55 and 58 attempts per game (Symons and Klingler, respectively) and Brennan averaged 40 pass attempts per game. These were "pass first" teams.

I think CDS focuses on balanced playcalling and we wont see that many pass attempts week in and week out. Plus, I agree with the point about the OL's strength in run blocking.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Probably not. Two of the guys in front of him averaged

Feb 19, 2019, 3:26 PM

He won't need to throw as much as they needed to get as many TD's, plus he may have more games. I bet he has a couple 6 TD games this year too. That said, you are probably correct. He won't get enough opportunity.

While Dabo may call the "Cats" off early . . .

Feb 19, 2019, 4:35 PM

I'm not ready to concede that breaking the record isn't a possibility . . . because . . . our receiving corps have the ability to "house" virtually every pass thrown their way!!!

Let's just sit back and see what happens!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our WRs and QB will come out early if they start throwing...

Feb 19, 2019, 8:27 PM

a bunch of TD passes which put us ahead on the scoreboard. Before that backup linemen, running backs learning to block rushers and other things will precede Trevor getting record breaking attempts.

I hope no one gets me wrong because I'd love to see Trevor break all the NCAA records this year then up the numbers next year but Dabo's goal for Clemson involves a lot more any individual's accolades.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think all the pieces are in place to have him do it...

Feb 19, 2019, 3:27 PM

I'm not sure Dabo will sacrifice what it takes to facilitate this. Our first sacrifice would be at the expense of backup QB experience and not stretching the RB corp to the max. The next issue is running up the score by throwing the ball which cuts into the experience of the Oline to run block.

Imo, the most detrimental factor would be not putting all our players in a position to do or die, that is to say that they need to spend a lot of time on the field when the game isn't decided or that the outcome is dependent upon their focus, performance and execution of duty.

I believe those factors kept Watson from bringing the Heisman home. It seemed evident that Saban did not have the same opinion about Tua last season. He'd run up the score on an opponent and never allow his kids to experience the time when they could lose. It was obvious they didn't know how to behave during and after the 44-16 curbstomping.

It just doesn't seem like the goal would be of ultimate benefit to us but sometimes I spend too much time thinking and not enough time enjoying such speculations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2019, 5:48 PM

No. I think like 43 this year and 47 next year.

Feb 19, 2019, 8:30 PM

I think DW4 had a 40+ TD season here . I think it's doable but there would be a need to throw the ball a ton and we have such nice balance now ... I think 40-45 is realistic though .
50 would be incredible .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,512
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic