Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Defenses have found out how to stop our scheme this year.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Defenses have found out how to stop our scheme this year.

Oct 19, 2017, 10:19 AM

In doing so Syracuse, Wake, and BC left a huge swath of the field wide open and dared us to attack it. It's worked, except for BC wearing out. The plan is to contain the run and deep ball while giving up about a 20 yard space in the middle. It's wide open every play. Safeties are just playing outfield waiting on overthrows. The worst part is that we rarely even attempt these throws and have just conceded the entire middle. At least try.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Defenses have found out how to stop our scheme this year.

Oct 19, 2017, 10:26 AM

I have noticed the same thing. Middle of the field is wide open the majority of the time. It seems as if the coaches may not trust Bryants arm completely..

Oct 19, 2017, 10:30 AM

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Agreed...

Oct 19, 2017, 10:47 AM

It worked...

Except we beat BC 34-7, were up on WF 28-0 midway through the 4th quarter, and we lost our starting kicker and QB for the Syracuse game. Aside from that, we have been figured out and it's going to be a long rest of the season.

:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Agreed...

Oct 19, 2017, 12:50 PM

Dude if you can't see that since the Louisville game the O has struggled, you need to take off those dark Orange glasses .
Take away the 4-5 TDs the D has scored and it even looks worse.

Oct 19, 2017, 2:12 PM

He has no clue what’s actually happening on the football field.

But can you name me the other defensive tds we’ve scored other than the O’Daniel pick sixes?

Oct 19, 2017, 2:46 PM

I think he's mostly referring the offense only scoring 17 points against Cuse

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well if the didnt before, they do now. Thanks a lot for telling everyone.***

Oct 19, 2017, 10:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

How bad are we missing Legette this year? The TE position is

Oct 19, 2017, 11:09 AM

sorely lacking this year.

^^^ This ^^^

Oct 19, 2017, 2:28 PM

Many times this year I've thought that Leggett and Hunter Renfrow would be tearing up this void in coverage.
Obviously JL is gone and Renfrow is no longer a secret weapon, he's usually bumped hard at the line by the OLB and often doubled up.
It appears this exploit is exaggerated because the OC doesn't have much confidence in our RB's ability to bump, run, catch the ball and then hang on to it after the hit.
Maybe way off base but that's the impression that I get.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What we need are some coaches that know how to make

Oct 19, 2017, 11:21 AM

it to a championship of some kind!!

If we had Championship coaches, they'd figure it out and Internetians wouldn't have to point out all our ills.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: What we need are some coaches that know how to make

Oct 19, 2017, 12:01 PM

Are you saying our TE play is up to last years level? It's not criticism, it's fact. Look no further than our 3rd down conversion rate. Pointing out a weakness does not make someone less of a fan and you more of one with the "how dare you question" attitude.

+1 for the proper use of "Internetians"

Oct 19, 2017, 12:36 PM [ in reply to What we need are some coaches that know how to make ]

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What we need are some coaches that know how to make

Oct 19, 2017, 12:52 PM [ in reply to What we need are some coaches that know how to make ]

No what we need is some Coaches to figure out how to score points without DW on the field

Which is why we need to get players like ETN the ball

Oct 19, 2017, 12:45 PM

in space.

We have too much speed to not be taking advantage of it.

It's not that hard to figure out

Oct 20, 2017, 1:03 AM

Our coaches act like they can't even spell slant, post or dig.

Oct 20, 2017, 1:37 AM

I think that after DW4, they just don't trust anyone very much and are scheming to avoid costly TOs. The short stuff is pretty safe and the deep stuff is like a punt and the momentum of the interceptor is usually deeper into their territory and is usually in contact with the intended receiver.

Hopefully, now that we've had a loss and may now need some style points to go along with wins to assure a spot in the playoffs, they'll open the playbook a little wider. Not holding my breath though- I'm afraid that won't happen until we lose another.

Our QBs are fine and our WRs are excellent- no reason apart from cowardice not to be putting up huge numbers. Other teams can't really even scheme against it because they'd better stack the box a bit for our two breakaway RBs.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic