Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dear HBrown and those who would argue with him
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 694

Dear HBrown and those who would argue with him

Jul 5, 2020, 12:54 PM

just some facts for you relative Black families, 2-parent households, the possible decline in Father influence, etc.

Politicfact and Pew Research suggest that in 1960 65% of Black children grew up in 2-parent monogamous households.

By 2018 that had dropped to 38%, though only 31% were actually married. Another 9% of that 31% were in their 2nd marriage, so only 22% were 2-parent families in their 1st marriage.

85% of Asian children are living in 2-parent homes; 11% of which are in 2nd marriages and 3% non-married.
77% of White children are in 2-parent homes; 19% of which are on 2nd marriages and 6% co-habitating.
66% of Hispanic children are living in 2-parent homes; of which 12% are in remarriage and 11% cohabitating.

Less than 20% of Black children were born to single Mothers in the 1950's , which rose to 72.3% by 2008.

Clearly neither Slavery, the Confederacy, nor Jim Crow caused this decline . These are stats from 1960 to 2010 effectively. Sadly, these stats are being mirrored in Whites as well, just not as pronounced - yet.

So what's to blame? Black attendance in colleges has only increased during this time; Medicare and Medicaid were introduced; HUD public housing; other programs like WIC and Welfare have blossomed; Affirmative-Action came and went.

So what's really to blame HBrown, et al?

Liberalism - Extremist Feminism - rise of the Drug culture - the LBGTQ message.

ALL of these have grown in leaps and bounds since the 1960's even as Black families have suffered evermore - even as those Black families are being told it is Whites that hold them down - even as those self-same Whites are slowly sinking to the same statistics in drug use, drug crime, and broken marriages.

Are Whites holding Blacks back - sure - Liberal Whites - Democrat Whites - people who have sent the same "hand-out" message to the Black community for 70 years. People like BLM who coin a catchy phrase only to pursue hidden agendas like the end of the Patriarchal and Western-style family structure.

I feel for you HBrown - I really do, and I would suggest that you contact Mr. Tim Scott or Mr. Trey Gowdy, so that they might give you another message than the one you have - a message given in love, understanding, and hope. #BlessedBeAllGod'schildren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2eFJIPDuU4

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody wants to talk about those numbers, better to blame

Jul 5, 2020, 12:59 PM

systemic boogeyman than the man in the mirror

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And you think these numbers

Jul 5, 2020, 3:35 PM

STRENGTHEN the argument that there aren't systemic issues? Interesting approach.

So are black people just lazy? Is that it? Tell us about it.

Can you point to a white man with a gun forcing them to

Jul 5, 2020, 4:08 PM

have children out of wedlock? That the father's rarely take care of? How has it gotten worse during the Civil Rights era?

this is a good post with lots of arguable points...

Jul 5, 2020, 1:02 PM

I don't have a problem with HBROWN's posts in content. My problem with HBROWN is he lays out these "soliloquies" and rarely to never engages in genuine dialogue.

We can't fix this problem until all parties come to the table and have a conversation. Simply stating an opinion, however correct it may be, will not help the problem.

If you're dying to be heard, be willing to listen.

Unfortunately, from what I have observed the last few months, HBROWN more than likely will not answer your post. Which is a shame.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm happy to engage in discussion, as soon as people

Jul 5, 2020, 1:38 PM

stop shouting viewpoints, and agree first on the Data.

Data is what it is....

How people f*ck it up from there, is purely on them and their egos.

which is the point of my yet unanswered question...

Jul 5, 2020, 1:46 PM

to HBROWN.

I get it, "all lives can't matter until black lives matter."

Yes, black lives matter, but ALL black lives matter. Which goes to the data. Let's look for solutions to make ALL black lives matter. Don't pick and choose which black lives matter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You said whites are holding blacks back. Please describe

Jul 5, 2020, 1:03 PM

the actual practices and systemic processes that physically hold black people back. I know you mentioned handouts, and I assume that means welfare, but keep in mind, staying dependent on the welfare system is a choice. Not only is welfare for people of all races, but no one is systematically pushed into using welfare as a means for survival. People (of all races) choose to utilize and stay on welfare as a matter of personal choice, not a systemic requirement.

start with the soft bigotry of lower expectations***

Jul 5, 2020, 1:32 PM

think that White Democrats deservedly take the blame

Jul 5, 2020, 1:35 PM [ in reply to You said whites are holding blacks back. Please describe ]

for holding the Black community back. Their continual manipulation is to tell underprivileged, undereducated, and vulnerable people that they are purely the "victims".

In a sense they ARE the victims. But just as with Eve in the garden, they've been deceived.

Satan double-spoke when he told Eve she was the victim of God. Eve could not see she was instead the victim of Satan himself.

The lessons of Evil ring true even today.

Re: Dear HBrown and those who would argue with him

Jul 5, 2020, 1:09 PM

https://www.tamerasgrove.com/blog/2018/7/7/how-the-democrats-destroyed-the-black-communityand-no-one-noticed

Re: Dear HBrown and those who would argue with him

Jul 5, 2020, 1:18 PM

Only whites are racists, didn't you know ? I once had a black boss that was very racist. There will be a T.V. show airing this week on racism. From the bits I saw, only white people were accused of being racist. Until this rhetoric changes, there will always be a problem in the white community, except for liberals and millennials.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 694
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic