Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
D1 baseball doesn't have us hosting as of now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

D1 baseball doesn't have us hosting as of now

May 11, 2016, 2:01 PM

How? We're#8 rpi with some really good wins.

I still think if we win the acc tournament we could not only host a regional.....but be a national seed.

No team I the country has as many top 50 rpi wins as us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How dew yew come up with some many great factoids?

May 11, 2016, 2:05 PM

I ham amazed

Re: D1 baseball doesn't have us hosting as of now

May 11, 2016, 2:07 PM

It doesn't appear that the RPI is as much of a factor as in our conference record is. If we can sweep this weekend and take the Notre Dame series we will have a .500 conference record. I think we would need one or two wins in the ACC tournament to be on that discussion to host. But it just depends on who you look at. Other sites have us hosting. These last set of games are so crucial and we certainly need to win out in non conference also.

Regardless, I like our chances in a regional if we can have Barnes and Krall going in the first two games.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if we sweep ND wouldn't we be 16-14 in ACC play?***

May 11, 2016, 3:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Yes

May 11, 2016, 3:27 PM

but he said sweep this weekend and take the ND series, which would mean sweeping Ga Southern and going 2-1 against ND to end up 15-15 in conference.

sweeping this weekend has nothing to do with the ACC so

May 11, 2016, 3:44 PM

I thought he must mean sweeping ND. but OK.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I don't think even winning the conference can get a national seeding.***

May 11, 2016, 2:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I don't think even winning the conference can get a national seeding.***

May 11, 2016, 2:13 PM

Totally disagree.

Acc is the #1 conference rpi

You win the conference tournament and have a rpi inside the top 5...which we will.....we will be a national seed.

May 11, 2016, 2:10 PM

Think it's gonna take 37-38 wins and .500 or better in conference play to host

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

May 11, 2016, 2:52 PM

if I am looking at this correctly from D1 Baseball this is the way I see it now.

Being that the overall 1 seed (the top 1 seed) will play the lowest 2 seed (Florida, GT) and the lowest 1 seed will play the highest 2 seed (Michigan, TCU) we only look to be 2 spots behind being the lowest 1 seed because we are the 2 seed in the second lowest 1 seeds (Ole Miss) regional. So I would definitely think that we are in the hunt to host a regional, super regional not so much, which is bogus considering we have as many wins as FSU and we won that series.

They also try to put everyone relatively close to home

May 11, 2016, 3:32 PM

it doesn't always work out and some eastern teams always end up on the west coast and vice versa, but the NCAA generally does a decent job of minimizing the travel burden.

The NCAA only seeds the 1st 8 teams

May 11, 2016, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: D1 baseball doesn't have us hosting as of now ]

hosting a regional can be generally assumed that you were one of the top teams, but it has nothing to do with future matchups. Regionals are filled based on geography and their rules on conference rematches etc.

You can't read the matchups as if you are seeding the full 64. The 4th place team in the #1 seed regional is not the 64th seed.

The top 16 teams aren't going to host this year

May 11, 2016, 2:55 PM

The top teams are so concentrated in the southeast this year that they'll throw a couple of midwest/pacific coast teams a regional just to pick up those markets.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The top 16 teams aren't going to host this year

May 11, 2016, 3:40 PM

Yeah teams like Michigan, Arizona, Creighton, and Oregon State might get 1 seeds they don't deserve just to spread the regionals out some.

On the other hand, I expect all of the national seeds to be from south of the Mason Dixon and east of the Brazos river.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic