Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cue the TigerNet Outrage Machine
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Cue the TigerNet Outrage Machine

Jul 30, 2020, 12:57 PM

"The NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel approved rules to allow student-athletes in all sports to wear patches on their uniforms for commemorative and memorial purposes, as well as to support social justice issues."

I'll hang up and listen now.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/prop-expands-opportunities-social-justice-statements-uniforms

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Can't wait for all the people who said they punched out on

Jul 30, 2020, 1:23 PM

pro football/basketball to suddenly change their tune now that the Tigers will be doing it

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't wait for all the people who said they punched out on

Jul 30, 2020, 1:39 PM

Or the other extreme and dont watch college. I'm not into politics. Sports though has become less and less of an escape than it once was. You at least had college sports but with this measure and the payment for use of likeness coming college becomes just a another league. I can see the interest of some folks falling off as a result.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will have to say that the black lives matter patches on

Jul 30, 2020, 3:10 PM

the soccer uniforms has not bothered me one bit! Nor has the 20-second group kneel/moment of silence. Not sure why the pro football players feel they need to do it during the national anthem. It could be done sans-anthem as a moment of silence before the game and they could not possibly be offending folks for the various reasons doing it during the anthem is inappropriate.

The sole mission of kneeling during the anthem is to offend,

Jul 30, 2020, 3:21 PM

if there is no anthem being played, they wouldn't be offensive and that is counter productive to their actual goal...It's quite simple really

Re: Can't wait for all the people who said they punched out on

Jul 30, 2020, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Can't wait for all the people who said they punched out on ]

I must admit I do not like this and I hope it happens on a limited basis.

I have lost all interest in pro sports. Sports IMO is supposed to be a way to get away from life's daily struggles. Pro sports have been ruined by the infiltration of politics. I do not want to hear a pro athlete or Hollywood actor complain about things.

It is said that if you do not like it you do not have to watch it. So I choose not to watch.

I have absolutely nothing against people voicing their opinion on matters. I do however, have a problem when my opinion no longer matters and I am viewed as insensitive on some matters because I do not agree with someone.

I will always be a Tiger and proud of it. I will never stop watching the Tigers because Clemson being a part of my life means more than any stupid pro team because Clemson helped make me who I am today at 49 years of age. I love Clemson!

I do hope politics stay out of college athletics, but I know it will not as this is not the world we live in today.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sweet. Football players will look like nascar drivers

Jul 30, 2020, 1:48 PM

Awesome

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic