Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cooper vs Johnson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,265

Cooper vs Johnson

Oct 14, 2017, 9:20 AM

I know it's easy to pile on and finger point right now, so I'm trying not to. We got beat by a more motivated team, and our coaches make great decisions 90% of the time. The only thing I can't figure out is how practice or whatever else they are evaluating outside Saturday negates Coopers inability to complete anything down field under the lights in a game we had to pass to come back. HJ may not have gotten it done but last week and most of Coopers throws this week should have equaled an opportunity for Johnson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cooper vs Johnson

Oct 14, 2017, 9:24 AM

Cooper is a deer in headlights...HJ is CLEARLY the more GAME Qb

You’d be a deer in headlights too...

Oct 14, 2017, 9:36 AM

With two or three unblocked defenders coming at you every play.

Losing sucks, but I’m not at the practices so I don’t see what the coaches see every day. We have only seen these two during mop up time against 3rd string defenses. So I have to trust what they see.

Now Cooper didn’t look like Tom Brady out there, but his play alone didn’t cost us the game. No one on that field last night, except maybe Renfrow, played like they gave a rat’s fuzzy butt wheather we won or lost.

Re: You’d be a deer in headlights too...

Oct 14, 2017, 9:48 AM

Cooper's play cost us the game. It's his job to throw the ball to the receiver not 10 feet over his head. He should also read the blits at the line.

He can't read a D yet as well as not

Oct 14, 2017, 11:29 AM [ in reply to You’d be a deer in headlights too... ]

Being able to throw more than 8 yards accurately.

How do we know that? HJ just had that one good series.

Oct 14, 2017, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Cooper vs Johnson ]

It was a such a small sample size. I would think he must be better too, but how is it so clear considered he has barely played.

Oct 14, 2017, 9:28 AM

I understand bringing in ZC if the coaches believe he is the better player but I don’t understand not giving HJ a shot after ZC prooved ineffective. HJ scored against WF when ZC could not so why not give HJ a chance?

Oct 14, 2017, 9:31 AM

It is easier than that for me I know what I saw last week. I saw a kid come in and go right down the field making the correct read and the ball was out on time every time. C Smith was the second read on the TD and like every other throw and read dead on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 9:29 AM

It is perplexing to me after watching the difference in Cooper and Johnson in the Wake Forest game that anyone could think that Cooper should be ahead of Johnson. Then again, thinking back, I recall the coaches saying Cole Stoudt gives us the best chance to win instead of freshman Deshaun Watson. Seems like there may be misplaced deference to guys who have spent more time in the program.

Oct 14, 2017, 9:45 AM

yeah me too. But we have seen so little of Johnson. I'm sure the coaches have a rationale for this but looks like 4th quarter he'd have gotten a shot. I keep hearing Coopers arm but he throws some that just look really bad at times.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 9:32 AM

We're all scratching out heads with you....baffling.

Reminds of Cole Stoudt starting over Deshuan in the UGA game.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 12:11 PM

It reminds everyone of the Stoudt and Watson debacle. But look at what happened at the beginning of the year with the RB situation. Coaches were adamant about playing Fuller and Choice instead of ETN and Feaster. That decision proved to be wrong and look who's starting now.

Cooper vs KB

Oct 14, 2017, 9:54 AM

I think we win if Cooper starts over KB. KB had no business playing in that game. Johnson does not know as much playbook but is clearly better. Seems the coaches could have adjusted the playbook for one game while KB recovered.

Re: Cooper vs KB

Oct 14, 2017, 10:21 AM

I think Hunter knows the playbook pretty well. And he knows how to read defenses. Last week Dabo even said that 3 of Hunters completions last week were run/pass options that Hunter checked into the right call.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 9:59 AM

I haven't been there for practices over the year but I can say the players seem too. When HJ came in the WRs seemed to respond and get excited. There was just a lot more energy on the field.

Tee Higgins became a major target that got the ball more than all year one one drive and the tightends were utilized. The offense looked like a Clemson offense.

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,265
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic