Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson students not standing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Clemson students not standing

Sep 28, 2017, 9:16 PM

Explain this Tiger Fans! Are we losing our values in Clemson???

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1551762638194493&id=203805062990264

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First post?

Sep 28, 2017, 9:17 PM

I've made the same mistake.

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=100

This ain't North Korea***

Sep 28, 2017, 9:18 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson students not standing

Sep 28, 2017, 9:31 PM

For those that don't stand for the pledge of allegiance......SHAME ON YOU!!!!! ....IF you are voted on by the students I recommend that members of the student body ask you wether you will stand or sit before they vote. CLARIFY YOUR POSITION TO THE VOTERS WITH NO DECEPTION.....IM ashamed of you and the ORGANIZERS that got to you and hope it wasn't a professor...

Sep 28, 2017, 9:54 PM

right, because the best way to bring people together and find common ground is to antagonize and shame them.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2017, 10:04 PM

No...rather not standing for the Pledge and disrupting student meetings, they should invite open student body forum debate at a location on campus where it's allowed ...let's say a SAFE AREA..

Sep 28, 2017, 10:52 PM

had they done only that, we would not be having this conversation now because it would not have made any headlines. That is kind of the whole point of a protest, to draw attention to it. And that still does not excuse those that use this as an opportunity attack and shame others for their beliefs, or in your case tell other people what to do, remember we live in a free country.

The hope is that people can have civil discussions and not launch personal attacks against people who share differing opinions and beliefs.

Sep 28, 2017, 11:30 PM

What I would want people to remember, is their faces bc, they wouldn't want to be in a fox hole with them fighting for our freedom bc, they would be sitting down in the fox hole and not fighting for the same freedoms they freely abuse!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2017, 11:34 PM

I doubt anyone wants to be in a fox hole, and disappointing that you would respond to a post about not shaming people, by going out of your way to shame people.

Sep 28, 2017, 9:55 PM

And further more..PLEASE INCLUDE THIS IN YOUR PROFILE WHEN JOB HUNTING....so your potential employer will understand how dedicated you will be to them...if they don't meet your work environment criteria.....DO NOT HIDE IT...

Sep 28, 2017, 9:56 PM

Not surprised at all... Clemson has become like most institutions being permeated by academic thought regarding PC principles. Even during my time in the early 80's you could easily assess which professors had an agenda. I was excited when both my boys chose to attend The Citadel because I did assume the overall atmosphere would be conservative. Even there, liberal thinking was present.

I am extremely conservative and I don't really agree with any liberal thinking however, I wouldn't care to silence liberal thought because I know all of us are created with individual thought and circumstances in life. I do have problems with dishonoring a country where men, women of all race have served and sacrificed for the country and flag. You will notice very few liberals standing up for the country and all it represents. If you know of one, please advise.

Very sorry to hear your boys

Sep 28, 2017, 10:01 PM

Couldn't find a place with 100% homogenous thought.

Re: Very sorry to hear your boys

Sep 28, 2017, 10:05 PM

Yep,,, me too... at least they did and will stand for the flag... I guess that makes them evil...

maybe the grandkids can try Pyongyang

Sep 28, 2017, 10:07 PM

They are big fans of 1 way thought

Re: maybe the grandkids can try Pyongyang

Sep 28, 2017, 10:14 PM

OK,,, standing and honoring the flag is one way thought? I always thought it was being proud of your country and willing to defend it's principles... I assume you are equating America to North Korea?

I never advocated shooting anyone because they don't stand to honor the flag. You must have misinterpreted what I said.

Your post wasn't simply about the flag

Sep 28, 2017, 10:25 PM

it was about "PC thought" infiltrating American universities, as if that was the work thing imaginable.

PC thought isn't the worst thing imaginable.

Sep 28, 2017, 10:29 PM

Just very close to it. ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Very sorry to hear your boys

Sep 29, 2017, 2:46 AM [ in reply to Very sorry to hear your boys ]

GET THE CITADEL CRAP OUT OF HERE.

You can drop and give me 20 son !***

Sep 29, 2017, 1:45 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seedman is right, but I'm thankful Clemson

Sep 28, 2017, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson students not standing ]

is no where near UC Berkeley or UC Riverside.

I think you'll see these individuals not re-elected.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2017, 7:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson students not standing ]

Academia has a duty to promote logical, rational and factual ideas.

That's why you see the "liberal" bias.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Prejudice & self righteous? Both liberals & conservatives ..

Sep 29, 2017, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson students not standing ]

are equally patriotic. Extreme categorization and even subtle innuendo are intentionally divisive and a threat to our Country.

For example, it would be equally wrong and divisive to say every conservative is a racist Nazi KKK member who wants to exterminate all Jews and Blacks and to establish a White Supremacist state. The above statement inappropriately assigns labels and intent to all Conservatives. The terminology and visuals employed in today's political propaganda are intended to trigger an emotional response.

Patriotic Americans need to be vigilant regarding thought and media that polarize versus unite. Perhaps the US should be put into MAGA .... as in United States.

Somehow tolerance and compromise are viewed as weakness. However in a very large and diverse country, tolerance and compromise are key ingredients of Democracy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2017, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson students not standing ]

> Not surprised at all... Clemson has become like most
> institutions being permeated by academic thought
> regarding PC principles. Even during my time in the
> early 80's you could easily assess which professors
> had an agenda. I was excited when both my boys chose
> to attend The Citadel because I did assume the
> overall atmosphere would be conservative. Even
> there, liberal thinking was present.
>
> I am extremely conservative and I don't really agree
> with any liberal thinking however, I wouldn't care to
> silence liberal thought because I know all of us are
> created with individual thought and circumstances in
> life. I do have problems with dishonoring a country
> where men, women of all race have served and
> sacrificed for the country and flag. You will notice
> very few liberals standing up for the country and all
> it represents. If you know of one, please advise.

Isn't shaming people for speaking their minds a sort of PC enforcement?

I am a liberal and I love my country because it is free.

I'm always stunned by people that think being patriotic includes shaming those they disagree with.

They seem to think that 'freedom' means towing the patriotic line. It's baffling to me.

I think it an incredible example of intellectual calisthenics to portray the protests about police abuse as somehow a slight against the flag. It's an easy way to not deal with the issue that they're raising.

Total and Utter BS....Liberals who served:

Sep 29, 2017, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson students not standing ]

Former VP Al Gore enlisted in the military when he could have avoided it and volunteered for a tour of Vietnam to prevent some poor kid from going in his place. He did this even though his father was one of the most prominent anti-Vietnam war senators at the time.

Former Sen. Minority Leader Tom Daschle was a Lt. in the U.S. Air Force from 1969-1972.

Sen. Daniel Inouye (D-HI) a very high ranking Democrat, served in the U.S. Army when his family was interred in U.S. concentration camps for citizens of Japanese ancestry. He lost an arm and earned the Medal of Honor.

Sen. John Kerry (D-MA), presidential candidate in ’04 (although not my first choice), was a Lt. in the U.S. Navy from 1966 to 1970, going to Vietnam and earning 3 Purple Hearts, a bronze star with combat V and a silver star for valor. Then, and in my view, this was just as courageous and patriotic if not more so, he testified before Congress in the Winter Soldier hearings, helping to end the Vietnam War and helping to create Vietnam Veterans Against the War. (It’s too bad that he was so hawkish in his ’04 campaign.) Chickenhawks smeared his record in the ’04 campaign.

Former Sen. Max Cleland (D-GA), lost both legs and one arm serving in Vietnam. He lost reelection when Republican Chickenhawks, led by former Christian Coalition leader Ralph Reed, smeared his record and tried to claim that he was unpatriotic. !!!

Former Presidential Candidate (and still a political activist) General Wesley Clark: Had a 38 year career of public service in the Army culminating in being the Supreme Commander of NATO. (He was a prominent critic of the Iraq invasion and occupation.)

Former Democratic President John F. Kennedy was highly decorated during WWII. As was former Sen. and presidential candidate Bobby Kennedy. Whatever else one could say about Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-MA), served in the Army in 1951-1953 and was in the Korean War.

Former Pres. Jimmy Carter, a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis, was commissioned an Ensign in 1947 just as WWII ended. He spent 7 years in the Navy helping to create the nuclear submarine fleet and becoming a nuclear engineer.

Former VP Walter Mondale, served in the U.S. Army from 1951-1953, including a tour in the Korean war.

Former Sen. and Presidential candidate, George McGovern, a famous liberal politician, was in the Army Air Force in WWII and earned the Silver Star for valor.

And then we have Conservatives who DID NOT:
Vice President Richard B. Cheney had several deferments, none for medical reasons such as his later poor health. He infamously said that he “had other priorities.”

Former Atty. Gen. John Ashcroft did not serve–received 7 deferments to teach business ed. at Southwest Missouri State University.

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush did not serve, receiving a deferment during Vietnam.

“Bush’s Brain” Karl Rove, did not serve, receiving several deferments so that he could plan future wars and GOP “permanent majority.”

Former Sen. Phil Gramm, did not serve, received several deferments.

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich did not serve, avoided the draft with several deferments.

Former U.S. President Ronald Reagan, a major hawk, avoided combat during World War II by making training films for the army while remaining in California. Later, he seemed several times to have confused his movie role as a tailgunner with the real thing.

President George W. Bush used his father’s influence to get into the Air National Guard in order to avoid going to Vietnam, though he loudly proposed using nuclear weapons on the North Vietnamese. He was failed to finish his 6 year term in the Air National Guard, serving only 4 years. For some reason, “W” still insists that he “has seen war.” Maybe on TV, but that’s all.

And the Conservatives who DID:

Not all big-league Republicans have been chickenhawks, of course. Former Sen. Bob Dole, one time Pres. candidate, for instance, served honorably in WWII. Dole was permanently injured and earned several medals. Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-NB), earned two purple hearts and a bronze star in Vietnam. Sen. John McCain (R-UT), was, of course captured in Vietnam and spent several years as a prisoner of war. In the 2000 presidential race, the Bush campaign smeared McCain’s reputation (was this practice for the later hatchet jobs to be done on Democrats Max Cleland, John Kerry, and others?) by claiming that he did dishonorable things in Vietnam, but he was defended by several prominent Democrats.

P+R board is that way ------------------->

Sep 28, 2017, 10:14 PM

It's not hard to find, folks.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when you created an account for the sole purpose of

Sep 28, 2017, 10:15 PM

Posting this. And i'm not even gon a click on your link. How does that make you feel?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

This Thread makes my head hurt***

Sep 28, 2017, 10:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This Thread makes my head hurt***

Sep 28, 2017, 10:23 PM

Me too... time to go to bed... Work tomorrow.

Wow your first post ...

Sep 28, 2017, 10:55 PM

I smell a coot.

Sep 29, 2017, 12:03 AM

Is it possible these students aren't American citizens? That's the only valid excuse I can come up with. Even then, they should remain standing out of respect.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gee, a peaceful protest...

Sep 29, 2017, 11:30 AM

a bunch of students sitting instead of threatening people and damaging property to so their opinions. What a horrible idea! Let's have them riot like Ferguson or Charlottesville instead!

Re: Gee, a peaceful protest...

Sep 29, 2017, 8:44 PM

Let them sit on Bowman field in private...why disrupt a government meeting of the student Senate...????

Sep 29, 2017, 1:39 PM

It's the ME generation.

They want communism...they think its a dreamy

Message was edited by: MackDaddy®

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Thank you Demitri

Sep 29, 2017, 2:20 PM

we appreciate your concerns for our society.

Still can't get the hang of that 'freedom' thing, eh?

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic