»
Topic: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for
Replies: 227   Last Post: Oct 2, 2017 10:57 PM by: jerseytiger1980
[ Tiger Board(s) - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 227   Pages: 1  

Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for

[61]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:06 PM
    Reply

As you recall one of the Clemson Trustees asked Dabo during his interview if he could make Clemson like Michigan or Alabama, seen as elite programs. He said that instead he wanted everyone to want to be like Clemson.

Well folks I think Dabo has achieved another goal. I have seen so many posts on boards recently where they essentially are saying they wish they were like Clemson. Even the national media are beginning to realize we have cracked the code on Elite.

I for one am thankful and gladly attribute much of our success to Dabo being Dabo.


Herman mentioned being like Clemson

[6]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:29 PM
    Reply

in his first Texas presser


Would love to see that clip. Incredible.***

[2]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:33 PM
    Reply




Re: Herman mentioned being like Clemson

[2]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:05 PM
    Reply

Hermann and Meyer visited the year after losing to us in the Orange Bowl .
That's a classic model being ogled by the old girls they've replaced .

DB23


Re: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:33 PM
    Reply

Does Clemson win a trophy for being considered 'elite'.


no, we are considered elite because we win trophies

[32]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:35 PM
    Reply

you wouldn't understand


Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:36 PM
    Reply

You are missing the point. Some of you guys never stop talking about being considered elite and a'blueblood'. They only give trophies on a season basis and a program doesn't have to be considered elite to win it all.


Yep. The #### floppers are elite BECAUSE you have no trophies.

[5]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:37 PM
    Reply

Brilliant.

Photobucket is holding my sig pic hostage. Screw them.


Re: Yep. The #### floppers are elite BECAUSE you have no trophies.


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 8:55 PM
    Reply

Elite is as elite does.
- gump


Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:38 PM
    Reply

Clemson isn't considered "elite." Clemson IS elite because we win trophies on an annual basis. Major bowl games, conference titles, a national title. Every year.


Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:41 PM
    Reply

You obviously don't understand what 'every' means. Clemson has 1 natty since 1981 and 3 ACC titles since early 90s. That's not 'every' year, is it? I get you are a SuperFan but you obviously get carried away.


Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies

[3]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:42 PM
    Reply

I'd love to know which team you root for, because unless it's Alabama you don't have a leg to stand on.


Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies

[2]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:44 PM
    Reply

I am a Clemson grad. Most the people who attack me on here and assert that I am not a Clemson fan didn't even attend Clemson.


Clemvegas = Marlborocountycoot

[2]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:09 PM
    Reply

fno


Funny. I've never met many trolls on here who were not an alum.

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:38 PM
    Reply

Coincidence? I think not.


Re: Funny. I've never met many trolls on here who were not an alum.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:39 PM
    Reply

I think most of the obnoxious Clemson SuperFans on here did not actually attend Clemson. They are sidewalk fans who treat Clemson like a NFL team.


CU81 here...


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:31 PM
    Reply

.... let's see, rock defender, handfull of posts, pulse of 20.... hmmm.... if it acts like a chicken; clucks like a chicken; and smells like a chicken, it PROBABLY is a chicken... although, if it comes on tnet to troll a successful program, it's not a chicken - it's a coot.

hth

wwLBBd


Re: CU81 here...

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:39 PM
    Reply

most of that is I didn't support firing Brownell and the 'correct' opinion on this forum if Brownell should be fired. You think for yourself on here you won't have a high pulse.


Re: CU81 here...

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:40 PM
    Reply

Another part of it is I debated some liberals on some non-football topics and liberals like to downvote conservatives. #Triggered


The obnoxious Auburn fan sitting behind me durring that game


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:54 PM
    Reply

was a Clemson grad too. Being a graduate does not always equal being a fan. I am both. It appears that you are not.


Re: The obnoxious Auburn fan sitting behind me durring that game


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 5:38 PM
    Reply

Ok, so who made you the decider of who the real fans are.


Re: The obnoxious Auburn fan sitting behind me durring that game


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 5:38 PM
    Reply

I don't think people got to be like you , say things that you do, to be a Clemson fan.


Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:09 PM
    Reply

Chickens can't stand on only one leg , but I see seagulls do it all the time so I have to assume , based on my observations ...that even a fish gut slurping flying rat is stronger than a Coot .


It's science to me.

DB23


Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:12 PM
    Reply

I don't think people who say things like 'coot' know much about science.


I have RCT's published in science journals, coot

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:53 PM
    Reply

Present at 2-3 research symposiums per year. Just because I see you as a coot, it does not make me any less credible whenever it comes to the scientific method.


poor ruffled feathers #### fan.....***

[2]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:45 PM
    Reply



"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:43 PM
    Reply

Elite means you consistently win double digit games, recruit at a high level, win championships, win multiple major bowls and consistently finish high in the final rankings for a period of at least 3-5 years. Sorry coot but Clemson can check off all the boxes. Only about three other schools can currently be considered elite.


Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 8:51 PM
    Reply

Perhaps read what he wrote, coot. He said they win trophies every year. In each of the last six years they either won the conference, a bowl game (mostly major bowls), or National Championships. In the seventh year they are on pace to play for another National Championship.


Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 9:36 PM
    Reply

Another redneck sidewalk fan calling me, a Clemson alumni, a 'coot' because I said past trophies don't mean anything this season. Teams don't get a trophy this year for winning a trophy in past seasons.

Let me guess your response "You coot'.


Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies


Posted: Oct 2, 2017 5:55 AM
    Reply

LOL I'm from New Jersey, so no I'm not a redneck you DB coot. Also you said NOTHING about past trophies meaning anything this season. You questioned the guy on his premise that Clemson is elite because they win a conference, bowl, or national championship trophy every year. Your retort that Clemson has only won a single national championship and 3 conference titles is an obvious sign that not only are you a coot troll, but your not even good at trolling. Is there anything that you coots do well? Pump gas? Can you even handle that?


Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies

[1]
Posted: Oct 2, 2017 8:47 PM
    Reply

Jersey trash are some of the biggest rednecks in the country. lol

Clemson hasn't won a bowl, conference championship, or national championship 'every' year. You don't appear to understand what the word every means. History didn't start a few years ago.

'coot coot coot coot' redneck sidewalk fan who didn't attend Clemson


Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies


Posted: Oct 2, 2017 10:40 PM
    Reply

I have a BS and Masters from Clemson you hillbilly coot.

When calling out rednecks in the future perhaps reference this map. Notice that NJ ranks 50th in redneck population. Now get back to your single wide and practice your whittling and banjo playing before you go back to work for the early shift at the gas station.




He didn't say we win national or conference titles every


Posted: Oct 2, 2017 12:55 AM
    Reply

Year. He said we, as in Clemson, win trophies every year, which we do. I know your coots have already given up on winning anything 6 games into the season again, but why come on here and spew that nitpicking, trolling bs? Best of luck winning the worst conference half in the FBS.


Re: He didn't say we win national or conference titles every


Posted: Oct 2, 2017 8:49 PM
    Reply

coot coot coot coot

What is the difference b/t u and a 'coot' if you think about SC all the time.


Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:41 PM
    Reply

So what exactly is your point? Are you trying to say that best shouldn't be the standard, that we should do just enough to win but nothing more?


Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:47 PM
    Reply

I'm saying programs don't get trophies for being elite. I think MSU could win the natty this year and they aren't considered elite. The best teams change from season to season.

I also don't understand why you feel the need to repeat slogans like 'best is the standard'. lol


You really think MSU could win the natty??

[2]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:50 PM
    Reply

Why? Because they beat a once again overrated ls-who team??

LOLOL

your feathers are showing...

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: You really think MSU could win the natty??


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:51 PM
    Reply

So beating down LSU is proof that they can win the natty? If there is a chance they can get to the playoffs, then they can win it all.

Do you think there are any good teams in the country other than Clemson and I assume Alabama?


Re: You really think MSU could win the natty??


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:52 PM
    Reply

Meant to say, beatinng down LSU is proof that they can't win the natty?


I never said they had a chance....you did. and I can only


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:54 PM
    Reply

assume you're basing that on an unranked msu beating a hapless, overrated lsu this past weekend. Which is laughable.

I do think there are other good teams in the nation. But msu has a 0.000000000001% chance of getting past BAMA to make the playoffs.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: I never said they had a chance....you did. and I can only


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:56 PM
    Reply

That's what many people said about Clemson last year. You are only basing that on past history. That's my point, past seasons has no relevance to the current season.


Link to where I said past performance has anything to do


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:59 PM
    Reply

with this year?

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: Link to where I said past performance has anything to do


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:01 PM
    Reply

If you are talking about being an elite program, you are focused on past seasons.

Hard to believe you went to Clemson.


The convo about msu being a nc contender has nothing to

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:04 PM
    Reply

do with Clemson being an elite program.

Your reading comprehension skills suck.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: Link to where I said past performance has anything to do


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:05 PM
    Reply

Hard to believe you're a Clemson fan who is hating that others are saying we are elite.

Enjoy it.


Re: Link to where I said past performance has anything to do


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:07 PM
    Reply

My point is you guys don't seem to actually talk about football games, it is just this constant bragging about CLemson 'being elite'. I remember SC fans being the same way, and the dumb redneck LSU, AUburn, Florida, UGA fans on SEC rant always talking about how they elite even though they been mediocre in recent years.


Has Clemson been mediocre or have we been elite?***

[2]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:10 PM
    Reply



"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: Has Clemson been mediocre or have we been elite?***


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:12 PM
    Reply

So if Clemson struggles in future years, is it no longer elite? Let's say it has a great season, a bad season, a mediocre season the next 3 seasons. Is it elite? Or does it have great seasons, bad seasons, and mediocre seasons?


That didn't answer my question did it?

[2]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:15 PM
    Reply

Elite programs sustain success year after year(Like Clemson has).

Elite programs do not have consecutive bad/mediocre seasons. HTH

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: That didn't answer my question did it?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:16 PM
    Reply

Ok so if CLemson loses to Va tech and some other teams this year, how will you feel about all your posts about Clemson is elite? Again, you are focused on past seasons. DOesn't have anything to do with this season.


Re: That didn't answer my question did it?

[3]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:19 PM
    Reply

Clemson is elite, so it won't do what you're scenario presents.

Therefore, your question is invalid.

Edit: Also, by being elite over the recent years that has greatly helped our coaches to recruit higher talent (which is continuing this year) which increases the probability of successful seasons moving forward.

^^That is why people want their teams to be elite.

Message was edited by: tiggerz04®



Re: That didn't answer my question did it?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:22 PM
    Reply

I agree that Clemson has it going right now but do you really think Clemson is never going to have mediocre and bad seasons again? lol That's my point, every program has up and down periods so there is no point is labeling programs elite.


So you don't think there are tiers based on a programs

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:24 PM
    Reply

success or lack thereof?

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: That didn't answer my question did it?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:31 PM
    Reply

No, teams won't always have elite seasons, however, right now we are at the elite level. Florida was elite 10 years ago, but they've went down hill after a coach left. LSU was sort of elite back in the day when they had a monstrous defense.

Those programs sustained that success over a period of time that they were elite. We are currently at a period of time where we are an elite program. How long will the period last? No one knows, but I've got a pretty good feeling that as long as Dabo is our coach we will have something special here.

Another aspect that hasn't been mentioned: facilities. Right now we have elite level facilities, one of the tops in the nation. That also has helped in getting us where we are today. With that added in are you able to call Clemson elite as of right now?


Deer lowered......you still haven't answered my question....


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:20 PM
    Reply

Being an elite program plays into every season. Elite programs get elite players and elite facilities....again, it's not a hard concept to understand.

I don't think we'll lose this year. And the only legit chance of that happening would be in the playoffs to another great team.

Also, your lack of reading comprehension is shining bright yet again....feel free to re-read my previous post which answers your question...

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: Deer lowered......you still haven't answered my question....


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:24 PM
    Reply

It is spelled 'Dear'. Deer refers to the animal. Pretty sure a Clemson grad can spell dear correctly. Crazy how often I see that word misspelled on this website.


Thank you....***

[2]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:25 PM
    Reply





"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: Deer lowered......you still haven't answered my question....


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:30 PM
    Reply

You probably need to go back and edit your incorrect grammar before you speak about someone's spelling.


Re: Deer lowered......you still haven't answered my question....


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:35 PM
    Reply

Everybody has typos on forums like this but it is obvious numerous people on this forum don't know how to spell dear. That's not a typo. He claimed he went to Clemson and claims that I did not, despite no evidence of that.

It annoys me when fans of Alabama, LSU and other programs claim their program is elite. I remember how annoyed it made when 'coot' fans claimed their program was elite and how their program 'reloads' after losing good players. When I see people bragging about how elite their program is, I want to see that program lose games. Obviously that becomes a problem when it is Clemson fans bragging about my team. lol


Re: Deer lowered......you still haven't answered my question....

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:41 PM
    Reply

You're correct, it was not a typo. He intentionally spelled deer. I don't think you've been on here long enough to understand that, but take things with a grade of slaw so you don't get land blasted.


Re: Deer lowered......you still haven't answered my question....

[3]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:33 PM
    Reply

Key words on this site are intentionally misspelled to draw out the coots that correct them,
and you just took the bait, Coot!


Re: Link to where I said past performance has anything to do


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:11 PM
    Reply

Unlike the other teams in your list, Clemson is defending champions and have been to the last TWO championship games.


Re: Link to where I said past performance has anything to do


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:33 PM
    Reply

Going to the last two national championship games is something only two, dare I say it, elite programs can say.


he's just lashing out because his team just lost their

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:08 PM
    Reply

4th straight to a perennial bottom dweller.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: he's just lashing out because his team just lost their


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:11 PM
    Reply

Given you never stop talking about SC< you might as well be a 'coot' fan. Your whole world seems to revolve around SC athletics. Get a life.


link to my world revolving around the coots?

[4]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:12 PM
    Reply

I just call it as I see it and it's pretty clear that you love the ####(s).

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: link to my world revolving around the coots?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:14 PM
    Reply

Ok, why don't you quote me saying anything that indicates that I'm a Gamecock fan.

I've talked about things specific to Clemson that no Gamecock fan would have any interest in, like Clemson House being demolished.


Your hatred of Clemson being called 'Elite' is a pretty big


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:15 PM
    Reply

indicator....

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: Your hatred of Clemson being called 'Elite' is a pretty big


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:17 PM
    Reply

You are such a homer. My point, does Clemson get a trophy for being considered an elite program? If not, why do you guys constantly chant Clemson is elite? Why do you need to label programs blueblood or not?


I've answered your question coot. you just don't like the


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:18 PM
    Reply

answer.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: I've answered your question coot. you just don't like the


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:20 PM
    Reply

If you were not allowed to post the word coot on here or accuse people of being coots, you wouldn't have anything to post. I don't understand why anybody would be obsessed with SC.


You've shown your true colors. Just admit to it....***

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:22 PM
    Reply



"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: Your hatred of Clemson being called 'Elite' is a pretty big


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:19 PM
    Reply

Alabama is considered the Super BlueBlood and little ol Clemson beat them last year. So being the no. 1 blueblood didn't win Bama the game so what is the point in calling them a blueblood.


Re: Your hatred of Clemson being called 'Elite' is a pretty big

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:21 PM
    Reply

Did they win the year before? Are they ranked #1 now? Do they have yet another strong recruiting class coming in, helped by their program's status no doubt?


Re: I never said they had a chance....you did. and I can only

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:04 PM
    Reply

What? Who was saying that last year?

Because the majority of people were predicting a rematch between us and Bama to begin the year.

It honestly sounds like you're just arguing for arguments sake. Elite teams win championships. "Elite" may not carry over from season to season for most teams, but there aren't wild card teams that come out of no where to win. Look at the teams that have won in the playoff era so far: Ohio State, Alabama, and Clemson.

Two of those three teams are squarely on track to get back to the playoffs and if Ohio State beats Penn State and Michigan this year, wins the B1G then you can bet they will be back in. ####, they got in last year because they were thought to be "elite" by the majority of the country.

You're bringing a knife to a gun fight on this one.


Re: I never said they had a chance....you did. and I can only


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 11:35 AM
    Reply

Deer ClemVegas Still think miss st is a NC contender? LOLOLOLOL

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: I never said they had a chance....you did. and I can only


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 4:51 PM
    Reply

My opinions are based on what happens each week. Most seasons, dominating LSU like that would mean MSU is at least a darkhorse contender. Nobody could have predicted MSU would get blown out two weeks in a row after that.


bandwagoners gonna bandwagon LOLOLOLOL


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 6:38 PM
    Reply

You still think BAMA lost to LS-who before making the playoffs?

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: bandwagoners gonna bandwagon LOLOLOLOL


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 8:16 PM
    Reply

Why do you brown nose Alabama on here? I don't think that I ever said LSU is going to beat Bama. I said I think Bama could lose 2 games this year.

What is my bandwagon? You make a lot of dumb assertions.


Your reading comprehension is absolutely terrible....


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 9:04 PM
    Reply

Where did I say anything about the ls-who/BAMA game this year? I’m referring to this idiotic statement you made and then doubled down on.

“Bama shouldn't have made playoffs that year after losing to LSU and losing their division,”

You jumped on that MSU bandwagon. Try to keep up....

Oh and I don’t brown nose BAMA. I’ve been a BAMA fan since I was 3. That’s been stated on here many times....

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: Your reading comprehension is absolutely terrible....


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 9:33 PM
    Reply

YOu are so dumb. I was talking about the Alabama LSU title game season a few years ago, not this season.

I didn't jump on any bandwagon. I said MSU looks pretty good after the LSU beatdown.

I'd be ok if you just stuck with Alabama and checked out of the CLemson fanbase. You are an obnoxious homer.


oh I know which game you were referring to...and your lack


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:05 PM
    Reply

Of reading comprehension is shining through yet again....you can’t even comprehend what you, yourself wrote.

That game had absolutely zero to do with the playoffs....yet you doubled down when I called you out on it...

Keep telling yourself that, you jumped on that MSU bandwagon like a fat kid on a piece of cake....

As far as being a Clemson fan is concerned....I’m not just a fan, I’m an alum. I’ve got a vested interest in our fine university, do you? Based on what I’ve seen on here, I highly doubt it.

And BTW.....Clemson is “Elite” and keeps proving that every week.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: I never said they had a chance....you did. and I can only


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:56 PM
    Reply

Crazy how much you suck up to Alabama too. I think you might be a 'coot' given your Bama suckup.


LOL. I've been a BAMA fan since I was 3. I just happened to


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:58 PM
    Reply

choose to go to college at Clemson.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


When the best teams DON'T change from season to season, they are considered elite.***

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:58 PM
    Reply



null


Re: When the best teams DON'T change from season to season, they are considered elite.***


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:00 PM
    Reply

Clemson hasn't been the best team from season to season across the history of football, neither has Alabama orother programs you call elite. It changes from season to season.

I believe Pitt has like 5 trophies. G Tech has won at least won title.


Are you so dense that you can't discern that there's a

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:02 PM
    Reply

difference between an elite program and an elite season?

Teams that are at or near the top year after year are elite programs....it's not a hard concept to understand.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: Are you so dense that you can't discern that there's a


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:04 PM
    Reply

Ok, again, do teams get a trophy for being an 'elite program'?

You guys are always bragging about CLemson being an elite program, I'm just trying to understand what the payoff is.


Do you want to see the payoff....go look at the talent on

[3]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:05 PM
    Reply

your coots team and then compare that to Clemson.

Being an elite program year in and year out makes sure we maintain our place at/near the top.

If you don't understand that, then you are an idiot who doesn't understand collegiate sports....

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


I love how he/she/it decided to pass over this one....***

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:59 PM
    Reply



"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: I love how he/she/it decided to pass over this one....***

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:02 PM
    Reply

There are several replies that counter every argument "they" had that "they" did not respond to. Instead they said the same thing over and over again and continued to make no sense each time.


Re: I love how he/she/it decided to pass over this one....***


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:04 PM
    Reply

Says the hostile guy who thought that I meant a rules violation is illegal from a law standpoint. lol You are the logical one.


Re: I love how he/she/it decided to pass over this one....***


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:06 PM
    Reply

Says the guy who wants to win trophies but not if we have to build nice facilities and if the media has to talk nice about us.

You also said, and I quote, "It takes the magic away from it." In no way shape or form did us building the facilities take away from the night we won the National Championship.

I bet you want a really nice car, but don't want to pay for it as well right? It would take the magic away?


Re: Are you so dense that you can't discern that there's a

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:07 PM
    Reply

Well right now we are an elite program and we got a trophy last season, so, yeah?

With the start of the playoff format elite teams are invited to the playoffs more often than not as well.

The payoff of being an elite program is: more spotlight on your team so more recruits see, more talk in the national media so more recruits see, and an increased brand so that our university flourishes (and more recruits see).

Now that I've answered that, why, as a Clemson fan, are you so against us being considered elite?


God almighty.

[3]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:08 PM
    Reply

You are an obtuse Cockfan, or a total ######. I can't tell which.


Re: God almighty.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:09 PM
    Reply

Yes, I'm a 'coot' because I think it is dumb and pointless to label programs 'elite'.


Re: God almighty.

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:11 PM
    Reply

*Jealous that your team isn't elite.

FTFY this helps


That's a mighty strange thing argue with everyone about

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:13 PM
    Reply

...coot


I wouldnt say we are a Blue Blood yet


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:40 PM
    Reply

But I would say we are elite, absolutely.

I think to be a blue blood you have to have a few decades of sustained, elite success with a few championships and you can be considered a blue blood.

If we keep ourselves at this level for another 6-8 years and then after Dabo follow up with another consistent winner 20+ years from now the way Bama, OSU, FSU,USC, Notre Dame, etc have, I would say we are a blue blood.

My Image
Tiger Band Trumpets '16


Re: I wouldnt say we are a Blue Blood yet


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:46 PM
    Reply

A lot of the 'bluebloods' had most of their natties in the segregation era when black players couldnt play, and college football was completely different and had less competitive programs.


Re: I wouldnt say we are a Blue Blood yet


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:51 PM
    Reply

The good thing about playoffs is it makes it harder to win titles based on 'elite' status. For example, Bama shouldn't have made playoffs that year after losing to LSU and losing their division, but they were put in because Bama is 'elite'.


BAMA made the playoffs "after losing to LSU and losing their


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:09 PM
    Reply

division" ??????

I'd love to see evidence of this....

You just further showed, how little you actually know about college football.....

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: BAMA made the playoffs "after losing to LSU and losing their


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:15 PM
    Reply

Are you saying Bama won their division that year?


I can say with 100% certainty that BAMA has won their


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:17 PM
    Reply

division EVERY single year that they've made the playoffs.

But hey, keep showing your stupidity and lack of actual knowledge.

EDIT: I'm assuming he's probably realized how stupid he is and won't respond to this post either.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: I can say with 100% certainty that BAMA has won their


Posted: Oct 2, 2017 9:37 PM
    Reply

He's talking about the BCS. Dang I agree with him on that


Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:55 PM
    Reply

It helps with recruiting vs being a flash in the pan success then falling off the face of the earth...

In other words, you may not win trophies but you may win the commitment of a highly touted recruit. They in turn win you titles.


Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:15 PM
    Reply

You are correct if they are elite losers like USuC! Participation trophies are your only future.


Sorry coot but you would not understand “elite”. It is


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 5:10 PM
    Reply

not in the cootish universe nor should be in your vocabulary!


Re: Sorry coot but you would not understand “elite”. It is


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 5:17 PM
    Reply

I actually went to Clemson, unlike most of you hostile 'True Clemson Fans' on here always accusing me of being a 'coot' .


Re: no, we are considered elite because we win trophies


Posted: Oct 2, 2017 9:31 PM
    Reply

Yeah like a coot would know


How precious. A cocky loser.***

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:36 PM
    Reply



Photobucket is holding my sig pic hostage. Screw them.


Re: How precious. A cocky loser.***


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:39 PM
    Reply

I assume you are accusing me of being a 'coot' because I think it is silly to talk about a program being elite and a 'blueblood'. I remember many of the 'coot' fans talking the same way a few years ago and their program has struggled since then.

A lot of the programs referred to as bluebloods have struggled in recent years.


No, I was calling you a cocky loser.******

[2]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:47 PM
    Reply



Photobucket is holding my sig pic hostage. Screw them.


Re: How precious. A cocky loser.***


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:32 PM
    Reply

why be a fan at all if you don't want to talk about your team. Even exaggerate about it. Some of us are just pointing out that statements of other team wanting to model after Clemson may be the basis of an "elite" program.

Its your choice of being a Clemson fan and how that is defined, Just don't get bothered if others want to discuss elite.


1st clue——— Pulse!!***


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 5:15 PM
    Reply




Re: How precious. A cocky loser.***


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:34 PM
    Reply

why be a fan at all if you don't want to talk about your team. Even exaggerate about it. Some of us are just pointing out that statements of other team wanting to model after Clemson may be the basis of an "elite" program.

Its your choice of being a Clemson fan and how that is defined, Just don't get bothered if others want to discuss elite.


64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.

[3]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:56 PM
    Reply

2012 Atl Div Co-champs, 2012 Peach Bowl over LSU
2013 Orange Bowl Champs over Oh St
2014 Bowl win over Oklahoma
2015 ACC Champs, 2015 Orange Bowl Champs over Oklahoma, national runner up, #2 ranking.
2016 ACC Champs,, 2016 Fiesta Bowl champs with 31-0 dismantling of Oh St, 2016 National Champs

Wins over Bama, Oh St (2), Oklahoma (2), FSU, Lville, Notre Dame, LSU, Auburn and the consistency of winning over 5 yrs with no sign of slowing down inidcate an elite program.

Is it worth mentioning the "Palmetto Bowl?" Seems pretty insignificant, but theres a streak of wins there too.. That said, in all fairness, we won't play The Citadel til later this year.

null


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:58 PM
    Reply

Nobody is denying all of that is good. MY point is Clemson won't get a trophy for it. Teams only win trophies based on seasons, so why do you guys always talk about Clemson being 'elite'.

What if Clemson struggles and loses some games this year? Is the program still elite?


In that list is a shelf full of trophies. Seems like its not me that doesn't understand.***

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:02 PM
    Reply



null


Re: In that list is a shelf full of trophies. Seems like its not me that doesn't understand.***


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:06 PM
    Reply

I associate trophies with titles. You said Clemson wins trophies every year and obviously it has lost bowl games and not won conference titles and natties in many seasons.


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:03 PM
    Reply

Wont get a trophy but I'd bet it's easier to recruit top talent to elite teams, etc


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:22 PM
    Reply

The point is you don't need a trophy for it. But it will definitely help bring in more trophies. I don't get why you are so butt hurt that we enjoy calling Clemson Football an Elite Program which right now it is and isn't expected to change in the foreseeable future. It brings bragging rights. It helps with recruiting and national recognition and respect. Why wouldn't we want these things in our team? I do think you are arguing for arguments sake so that's probably why so many have tagged you as a coot in this thread. Because you are squaking like one. I don't get what your whining about. Because Clemson doesn't get a trophy for being considered and elite program so we shouldn't label us as that? That sounds like pretty stupid logic. There are many facts and achievements in this world that don't warrant a trophy. Doesn't mean you shouldn't strive to achieve it. Dabo has built an elite program and everyone knows it. It brings us pride to support it. Even logical coots (oxymoron haha) can see it so why are you so hellbent on avoiding the label?


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:26 PM
    Reply

You sound obnoxious constantly bragging about Clemson being elite.

I would say that you and other homers are whining because I"m trying to understand why you do this constant bragging about CLemson being elite because it doesn't win games or natties.


spoken like a true coot.

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:28 PM
    Reply

I believe it's called "empty case syndrome"

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:34 PM
    Reply

It's called being a fan. You should try it sometime. What else are fans supposed to do other than watch the game. Bragging about our team is part of being a fan. How do you not understand that and understand why then, we (like EVERYONE else) calls Clemson an elite program? What are you still not understanding?


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:37 PM
    Reply

You can be a fan without constantly chanting 'Clemson is elite, Clemson is elite'. That is just homer fanboyism.


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:43 PM
    Reply

You act like every Clemson fan just walks around all the time saying it or writing it which is far from the case. But anytime our program is compared to others it will always come up. The media does it every time. So do other coaches and fans of other programs. So why is it okay for them to do it but unacceptable when a fan of Clemson does it. Clemson is an elite program right now. It's a fact. Not because I say or believe but because everyone says and believes it. Since when does calling a duck a duck become an issue?


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:38 PM
    Reply

To add on to your valid points, it's not only our fans calling Clemson elite. It's the national media, major players in the college football game, etc.

When Etienne scored on Saturday night Kirk Herbstreit literally said "they have an embarrassment of riches, an embarrassment." The main commentator in the sport was/does brag on Clemson on the regular.

It goes beyond thinking we are elite. Everyone knows we are, this team knows they are, and recruits coming in want to continue to be an elite program.

Message was edited by: tiggerz04®



Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:41 PM
    Reply

Ok, I don't care what people say about Clemson. I just want to see Clemson win games and titles, it doesn't matter to me if somebody on tv praises Clemson or not.


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:43 PM
    Reply

My point is it seems like some of you care more about sports media adulation and other fanbase praise of Clemson than just watching Clemson football and who is next on Clemson's schedule.


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:46 PM
    Reply

Where in the #### are you getting that from? Also, we are playing BC next. We are going to run them off the #### field. The team will be focused on BC, and us as fans can talk about the programs status, etc.


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:22 PM
    Reply

So you want every thread on this board to be about BC, and nothing else? How boring is that?


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:43 PM
    Reply

Boring is 'Clemson is elite, Clemson is elite, Clemson is elite'.


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:45 PM
    Reply

Well people praising Clemson on TV gets in potential recruits ears. Understand that this is all interconnected.

We vastly improved our facilities, a few more recruits looked at Clemson. We won the ACC in 2011, more recruits saw us. We beat LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and more recruits saw Clemson. We had an elite team and more recruits saw Clemson.

If you want us to continue to win games and titles then you are essentially saying you want us to remain elite.

And for the record, no one goes around beating their chests saying we are elite all the time. That would be ridiculous.


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:50 PM
    Reply

lol you guys are bragging all the time. It is annoying me even though I'm a clemson fan.

Part of it is bragging about facilities. It makes me sick how much universities spend to lure recruits. We treat these atheletes like they are princes. The recruiting rules are weird because it is illegal for a coach to give a recruit a ride somewhere or a 5 dollar meal at Mcdonalds but it isn't illegal to build fancy facilities to entice recruits

When you learn that Clemson success and other 'elite' programs success have resulted from spending money on fancy facilities, that takes some of the magic away.


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:54 PM
    Reply

Ok, I'm done. You lost me there.

How about you log off Tigernet and live in you're own little bubble where you can be happy.

"I want Clemson to win games and trophies, but not if we have to build facilities."

First off it's not "illegal" for a coach to give a recruit a ride, it's a violation of the rules. Secondly, the reason it's not "illegal" (a violation) for a team to build fancy facilities is because every recruit that signs has access. So in this next class a 3* will have the same benefit from it as Trevor Lawrence will. Make sense?

Anyways, I'm done with this. Your logic is troubling.


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:58 PM
    Reply

It says a lot about you that you think my point was that it is illegal in a law sense, not illegal in a rules sense.

Fancy facilities is a type of bribe and it does make it difficult for universities with less money or less willing to thrown tons of money at football to win.


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:12 PM
    Reply

A lesson you should probably learn, life isn't fair. Some people are successful and some aren't, just the way it is.

You ever consider that some schools don't care about football? For instance, Duke's facilities are trash, however, they have good basketball facilities and are an elite (oops) basketball program.

Kansas, may be the worst team in the country, but they've got better basketball facilities and team than we do but you aren't complaining about that.

A type of bribe, life isn't fair, gtfo of here with that lol.


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:16 PM
    Reply

Duke's basketball arena actually is horrible. lol

If schools didn't care about football, they wouldn't spend any money on it and wouldn't have a program.

I'd think you and others would complain if Clemson didn't have the money to 'bribe' good players to come to Clemson. lol

My point was about you bragging about faciliites at Clemson and I think it is true that it takes the magic away from college football when it becomes about who has the better facilities. lol You are so much of a homer fanboy that you can't talk about football without your poms poms.


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:22 PM
    Reply

You sir, are a complete and utter idiot.

Duke's arena obviously isn't horrible to get talent to come in and play there in one of the mecca's of college basketball with an incredible atmosphere. Also, the arena isn't the only part of their facilities.

I did not "brag" about the facilities. I simply stated that we had elite facilities that entice elite recruits to come to Clemson because that's how college football works. That is called a true statement, nothing more and nothing less.

People did complain when we didn't have the facilities to compete with the elite programs and guess what, we ponied up the money and now we are elite.

We aren't "bribing" good players to come to Clemson. We are showing them what we have and if works out then great and if it doesn't then we will get another top prospect that wants to come to Clemson.

Now note, just because we are an elite program (you just hate that it's true don't you?) does not mean that we will win the national championship, the ACC, #### even our division every year because there are other elite programs. However, on those special years when it all comes together and we do win other titles, which I firmly believe we will due to the factors discussed, you can bet your little snowflake ### that it will be magical for everyone else except for you.


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:50 PM
    Reply

I have no problem with Clemson being good. My comments are about the bragging on here.


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:53 PM
    Reply

But no one is bragging. Saying we are elite is not bragging (or being obnoxious as you say as well), and you simply cannot brag to another Clemson fan.

"Hey man, my team is better than yours. Your team sucks!"

See, doesn't work, doesn't make sense, much like your posts.


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:16 PM
    Reply

lol Bragging is bragging, doesn't matter who the audience is.


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:17 PM
    Reply

To me the best thing about SC struggling the past few years is all the chestpuffing many of their fans did about their program being elite and 'reloading' when they lose good players. This is what makes sports fun, things can change fast.


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:18 PM
    Reply

Lol no it's not, and saying Clemson is elite is not bragging at all.


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:20 PM
    Reply

my original point is that why do people need to put programs into elite and non-elite buckets. It was actually more of a question.


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:21 PM
    Reply

Ok, then to answer your original question; some teams are elite and most are not.


Are you saying there aren't "tiers" of programs based on


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:22 PM
    Reply

recent success or lack thereof?

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


By your logic....why have polls that rank teams?***


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:24 PM
    Reply



"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


You misspelled poles - ywia***


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 5:30 PM
    Reply




Keep crying***


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:17 PM
    Reply




Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.


Posted: Oct 2, 2017 10:57 PM
    Reply

Hillbilly coot,

What is so hard to understand that being elite doesn't win you trophies, winning trophies makes you ELITE. It's no surprise that there is a handful of teams that are in contention just about every year. They may have a down year every now and then but the ELITE programs reload and are not down for long.


We do get trophies for being elite.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:54 PM
    Reply

Recruits like Trevor Lawrence, Xavier Thomas, Tee Higgins, Amari Rodgers, etc are the trophies. Being recognized as an elite program definitely has many perks to it. Dabo himself has been very open about his desire to make us an elite program, and keep that status for a long time.


Re: We do get trophies for being elite.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:59 PM
    Reply

Isn't every coach trying to win games and titles. I don't think Dabo invented that. He also didn't invent upgrading facilities. lol


Re: We do get trophies for being elite.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:02 PM
    Reply

It would be funny to see a program like NCSU or Wake come out of nowhere to win a natty.

All of the elite program deciders will have a cognitive meltdown.


Re: We do get trophies for being elite.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:08 PM
    Reply

Alas, it will never happen though. Because an elite team will beat the #### out of them at some point in the season.


Re: 64-9 since 2012 season, not including 3-0 with wins over 2 ranked teams this year.

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:41 PM
    Reply

Well, at least Vegas is well trained at......




^This is what matters.

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:50 PM
    Reply

Label it elite, don't label it elite. I don't care.

The OP was referring to Dabo's comment and vision in which he wanted to build a program and culture that exceeded current and historical models. He was not satisfied with being like other traditional blueblood programs, he desired more. I'm 100% aligned with that....call it what you want to. The results don't lie.

A loss or two isn't going to change that. That's what's different.


56-7***

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:07 PM
    Reply




Re: 56-7***


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:08 PM
    Reply

I went to CLemson unlike most of you sidewalk fans who constantly talk about SC. You seem more interested in bashing SC than football.


Re: 56-7 marlborocountycoot


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:10 PM
    Reply

smh


No But We Get Continue to Opress You Scumbag Kid Toucher


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 12:11 PM
    Reply

Coots...Enjoy it University #2


Re: No But We Get Continue to Opress You Scumbag Kid Toucher


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 4:53 PM
    Reply

So when Dabo says trophies are not won in September, he's not saying rhetoric about Clemson being elite is meaningless?


What exactly would you know about trophies?


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 6:11 PM
    Reply

?


Re: What exactly would you know about trophies?


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 6:19 PM
    Reply

What do you know about trophies, as a spectator?

It is funny how bitter and hostile some of you True Clemson fans are, despite Clemson winning a lot of games the past 6 years.


19% pulse on a CLEMSON fan site....I wonder who


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:10 PM
    Reply

The “TRUE” Clemson fan is....

There are confessed coots on here that are better received than you....

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: 19% pulse on a CLEMSON fan site....I wonder who


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:19 PM
    Reply

I don't think most Clemson alumni talk about the 'coot's 24-7 like you do. You probably can name the height, weight, hometown, etc every player on the 'coot' roster because you have no life and are obsessed with one program out of several that Clemson plays every year.

I don't think you went to Clemson. I think Clemson is your NFL team.


deer Lowered you’re delusional.....***


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:20 PM
    Reply

But hey, keep deflecting and not answering questions that you know will make you look even more dumb than you already do.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: 19% pulse on a CLEMSON fan site....I wonder who


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:21 PM
    Reply

I'm not a fan of MSU. I simply said they looked good against LSU, and that's not something anybody disagreed with that weekend, even a redneck like you.

You are an Alabama fanboy and got butthurt that I said MSU might have a shot at winning that division and my opinion that Bama could lose two games this season and not make the playoffs.


Re: 19% pulse on a CLEMSON fan site....I wonder who


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:24 PM
    Reply

I also point out the season isn't over with and Alabama hasn't played anybody.

It is funny that you act like MSU sucks simply because they lost bad at UGA and at Auburn, two teams with top 5 defenses and very good RBs this year.


link to where I said MSU sucks?***


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:26 PM
    Reply



"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


actually I said it wasn’t impressive because because


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:25 PM
    Reply

I knew LSU was yet again overrated.

Why would I be butthurt when they don’t stand a chance agains BAMA? Do you even think about what you’re typing?

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: actually I said it wasn’t impressive because because


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:27 PM
    Reply

You brown nose that Bama, fanboy. It is funny that you keep accusing me of being a 'coot' when you are a Bama fanboy.


I’m a BAMA fan, not a fanboy. Again, that’s been said


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:29 PM
    Reply

MANY times on here....keep deflecting....

And link to me brown nosing BAMA?

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: I’m a BAMA fan, not a fanboy. Again, that’s been said


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:32 PM
    Reply

It is funny an Alabama fan is accusing me of being bandwagon for....MSU That is the program with the most bandwagon fans.

The only bandwagon I'm on is Clemson and anybody but Alabama or FSU at this point.


Re: I’m a BAMA fan, not a fanboy. Again, that’s been said


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:34 PM
    Reply

“The only bandwagon I'm on is Clemson and anybody but Alabama or FSU at this point”

So you do admit that you’re a bandwagon fan.....

I grew up going to BAMA games due to family member playing there. I’ve stuck with them through the good and bad. Not a bandwagon fan like yourself.

GO TIGERS and ROLL TIDE!!!!

And before you ask the stupid question....Yes, I pull for Clemson against BAMA

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: I’m a BAMA fan, not a fanboy. Again, that’s been said


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:35 PM
    Reply

Why do you need to have two teams? Just stick to being a Bama fan. Clemson will be ok without you.


Re: I’m a BAMA fan, not a fanboy. Again, that’s been said


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:37 PM
    Reply

It is obvious you are a Bama bandwagon fanboy because you always talking about "elite programs' which is Bama fanboy thing to do. They always talking about their 'tradition' and bragging about how many natties Bama has won, etc.


I truly hope you’re a coot troll....otherwise I truly pity


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:38 PM
    Reply

You.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: I truly hope you’re a coot troll....otherwise I truly pity


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:41 PM
    Reply

I'll take a 'coot' troll over an Alabama fanboy. lol


is It supposed to be surprising that you’d pick yourself?***


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:43 PM
    Reply



"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


why do you jump on bandwagons?


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:37 PM
    Reply

I know your reading comprehension skills are worse than a first grader, but I’ll try again.

Grew up a BAMA fan, and am a Clemson Alum.

It’s not hard to grasp....

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: why do you jump on bandwagons?


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:38 PM
    Reply

ok i don't believe you are a Clemson alum. Never heard any Clemson alum say 'coot'.


Lol, If you’ve never heard a Clemson alum use the word


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:40 PM
    Reply

Coot, then I can guarantee with 100% certainty that you didn’t go to Clemson.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: Lol, If you’ve never heard a Clemson alum use the word


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:42 PM
    Reply

Educated people don't use redneck slang like 'coot'. It is also similar to the racial epithet 'coon' which makes it even more redneck. lol


Re: Lol, If you’ve never heard a Clemson alum use the word


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:44 PM
    Reply

I dont' want people to think I'm a racist so I don't call a team with majority of black players 'coots' given it sounds similar to coon.

If you want people to think you are KKK, that's cool.


Re: Lol, If you’ve never heard a Clemson alum use the word


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:46 PM
    Reply

guess i shouldn't be surprised that a person from alabama is fond of a word that sounds like coon. lol


I’m not from Alabama idiot. Keep it up though troll.***


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:48 PM
    Reply



"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


there’s not a racist bone in my body. But keep trolling


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:47 PM
    Reply

coot.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: there’s not a racist bone in my body. But keep trolling


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:48 PM
    Reply

do you use 'coot' around black people?

I wouldn't recommend it. lol


Too stupid to have an actual conversation so you turn


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:49 PM
    Reply

To race baiting....classy

BTW....who said I was white?

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: Too stupid to have an actual conversation so you turn


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:53 PM
    Reply

Not sure how I can be racebaiting. I'm simply pointing out coot sounds a lot like coon and I wouldnt use the word because it sounds racist and redneck. That's just me.

You do you, gump. lol


Not surprising that you don’t understand simple things


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:55 PM
    Reply

considering your reading comprehension skills.....

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: Not surprising that you don’t understand simple things


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 11:02 PM
    Reply

Clemson probably has lost some good black recruits because of redneck fans using the word 'coot'. Other teams already do negative recruiting against Clemson using the fact Tillman Hall was named after a racist who bragged about killing black people.


Re: Not surprising that you don’t understand simple things


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 11:04 PM
    Reply

I propose Tillman Hall be renamed Watson-Renfrow Hall to promote racial unity and troll both your favorite teams given how much you think about them. lol


Im done responding to you in this thread.


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 11:05 PM
    Reply

No need in justifying your pitiful existence with responses....

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: Im done responding to you in this thread.


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 11:06 PM
    Reply

you've mentioned me in a post several times this past week on threads that I had not posted on.

i think you are my secret admirer.lol


Re: Im done responding to you in this thread.


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 11:13 PM
    Reply

I predict you and some of your clones on here that read my previous posts are going to stop saying 'coot' on here although you'll probably slip up on occasion due it to being a habit.

I'm so persuasive that I could be called an elite debater.


Re: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for


Posted: Oct 2, 2017 12:28 AM
    Reply

Deer ClemVegas, What exactly is your problem? I guess you enjoy thinking you're a bad ### on this Clemson board. I'm sure (by your Tiger Pulse) you'd be more familiar with the jealous buffoons over at FGF. If you don't have something positive to say on Tigernet do your self a favor and just keep it to yourself.*

*I apologize in advance if you're less than 10 years old or have been the victim of a major brain trauma injury.


Re: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for


Posted: Oct 2, 2017 12:30 AM
    Reply

My rating has to do with debating liberals who downvote opiniosn they don't like, and I also defended Brownell.

I'm not a homer like you and others on here who have 100 percent pulse. lol


Re: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for


Posted: Oct 2, 2017 12:32 AM
    Reply

Deer = Dear Deer is the animal that some people hunt. You might want to write this on a post-it note and stick it on your computer monitor for future reference. lol

Why do you and others on here always talk about 'the coots'? They aren't that good in recent years yet you still thinking about them 24-7. It is like talking about Wake Forest 24-7. It is so weird


Dabo talked good, but we didn't really believe it

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:34 PM
    Reply

Tommy made sure we believed that we could be good but never great again, because the climate changed and we just wouldn't ever be able to recruit and win like the bluebloods


Re: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for

[3]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:36 PM
    Reply

And doing in the right way means everything to me as an alum. We want our athletic programs to directly reflect the character and charisma of Clemson University first and foremost.

We recruit good people, they do well in class, stay out of trouble, and graduate on time. I have long since said I'd rather be a perennial 8-4 team with great character than a team that wins 14-15 games every season and is nothing but thugs and criminals. Luckily we don't have to choose one or the other.


Re: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:37 PM
    Reply

Did Chad Kelly have great character?

Clemson had other players get suspended for drug abuse.


You are so close. Think a little harder.***

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:40 PM
    Reply



Photobucket is holding my sig pic hostage. Screw them.


Re: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:41 PM
    Reply

One bad egg amongst a whole bunch of great ones. Chad Kelly was a punk. Provide me with a link to a Clemson drug-related suspension in the last 3-4 years and I'll listen. You will probably send me a link to Sammy Watkin's arrest, so save your time.


Re: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:43 PM
    Reply

> One bad egg amongst a whole bunch of great ones. Chad
> Kelly was a punk. Provide me with a link to a Clemson
> drug-related suspension in the last 3-4 years and
> I'll listen. You will probably send me a link to
> Sammy Watkin's arrest, so save your time.

I think it is pretty improbable that every player Dabo recruits is a choir boy. It isn't that he is willing to recruit anybody but that it is not possible to know what young people will do once they get on campus.


Re: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:44 PM
    Reply

So you don't have a link to a drug arrest then, I take it?


Re: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:46 PM
    Reply

So no arrest means none of the football players smoke weed? lol

There was a player a few years ago that was kicked off team for using somebody's bank card or some other scam.


Exactly. "KICKED OFF TEAM".....

[3]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:47 PM
    Reply

that's called doing it the right way....

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:03 PM
    Reply

Did your wife say 'No!'? Jeebus!


Clemvegas = Marlborocountycoot

[2]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:12 PM
    Reply

.


Re: Clemvegas = Marlborocountycoot


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:36 PM
    Reply

Or Palmetto,
Palmetto1
PalmettoMustang,
etc...


Guys, didn't arguing with a crazy person

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:12 PM
    Reply

Teach you to never argue with a crazy person?


Re: Clemson Board Of Trustees got more than it asked for


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:51 PM
    Reply

NCTiger75--- WOW !!!! Look how your post has been hijacked by someone who can't comprehend the meaning of an elite program, in this particular case, football. Clemson, by one poster's definition. is not an elite program because we may even lose a game this year. Apparently, perfection defines an elite program, and if that be the case, over the entire course of collegiate football, there have been fewer elite programs than I had been led to believe. I suppose we can consider Clemson semi-elite since we are currently undefeated after three games. LOL


Good lowered...

[1]
Posted: Oct 1, 2017 11:10 PM
    Reply

Who brought this back to the top. I thought I was done reading this nonsense weeks ago. This guy is a complete waste of time and cannot understand simple concepts... or a yuge troll.


That’s my b joe. I fed the coot troll.***

[1]
Posted: Oct 1, 2017 11:14 PM
    Reply



"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: Good lowered...


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 11:15 PM
    Reply

Does anybody think your post is not a waste of time. lol You aren't Aristotle homey.


Re: Good lowered...


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 11:22 PM
    Reply

If ya'll want Clemson to stay 'elite', it wouldn't hurt to stop saying 'coot' 24-7. Why risk losing recruits to say 'coot'.


Re: Good lowered...


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 11:30 PM
    Reply

Dabo is great at selling Clemson. Have you ever heard Dabo say 'coot'? If saying coot helped recruiting, Dabo would be saying every time in front of the camera.

Y'all need to take one for the team and stop saying coot. You might have to get some cognitive behavorial therapy to recondition your brain to break your habit.

You better hope some of these liberal Democrats don't see you calling teams with most black players 'coots' because they will be triggered and the media will be covering it 24-7. Protests will break out and next thing you know, Clemson football could go down like Mizzou. You kidding yourself if you think this can't happen.


Re: Good lowered...


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 11:39 PM
    Reply

If I ran a Clemson website, I would insta-ban any person who said coot on here. I wouldn't be surprised if the people who say coot are actually gamecock fans doing sabotage, given how often SC fans bring up Tillman and the banana incident.

I just hope ESPN never looks at the comments about 'coots' on this forum. Clemson might get banned from Gameday.


Re: Good lowered...


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 11:54 PM
    Reply

I may tweet at some social justice warriors on Twitter like Lena Dunham and various sports pundits about this coot thing if y'all keep using the word on here. Don't make me play hardball.


Re: Good lowered...


Posted: Oct 1, 2017 11:55 PM
    Reply

Don't make me Mizzou my own college. lol


Re: Good lowered...


Posted: Oct 2, 2017 12:10 AM
    Reply

People have been fired for using the word 'niggardly' which means stingy, not generous, because it sounds similar to the n word.

You are playing with fire with coot.


Re: Good lowered...


Posted: Oct 2, 2017 9:22 PM
    Reply

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=coot


Re: Good lowered...


Posted: Oct 2, 2017 9:26 PM
    Reply

why did some people start calling the gamecocks 'coots' in the first place. i don't get it.


Re: Good lowered...


Posted: Oct 2, 2017 9:44 PM
    Reply

Are you talking to yourself


<